Load images as layers?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
photoken
Mitglied

Load images as layers?

Beitrag von photoken »

When there is no image opened in PL, is there a way to open several images as layers in one image?

I know there are a couple of ways to open several images as layers into an already opened image, but what about when there is no image opened?
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Load images as layers?

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I don't believe so. But it's of course trivial to create a new image/document (or drag the base image into PL first) and then drag in multiple files as layers, though.

Having said that, I actually would welcome a function to achieve this in the (mini)browser(s). Or perhaps pressing a modifier key when dragging multiple files onto the PhotoLine window. Would come in handy at times.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Thanks for confirming. I honestly couldn't remember whether this had been discussed before....

I like the idea of using a modifier key when dragging files onto an empty PL window -- after all, we've already got the Alt+drag to open the images as placeholders.

It would have to be a general feature, though, that can be used when dragging from Windows Explorer or XnView, since I never use the PL browser(s).

Also, maybe by holding down a modifier key when selecting the File...Open menu item the opening methods could be changed: Alt+Open to open all as individual placeholder images, Ctrl+Open to open all as layers, Ctrl+Alt+Open to open all as placeholder layers.
Ken
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I don't get the point. Wouldn't you always start with a blank document that sets the file criteria?

regards
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Do 13 Apr 2017 14:47 I don't get the point. Wouldn't you always start with a blank document that sets the file criteria?
Most of the time, but not always. For example, if I took two pictures of a scene, underexposing one to emphasize the sky and clouds and overexposing the other to give nice shadow detail, it would be convenient to simply drag both of the photos onto PL to instantly create the layered image I need for combining the images.

Also, if the layered image were created as requested, the final step of cropping would be used to set the image size. Not a big deal, but slightly quicker than first creating a new image of the final size and then removing the unneeded original background layer.
Ken
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I also start quite often with stacking some pictures, I'd like to have something like "load into a stack" in the context menu of the browser.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!