Proof mode, black point compensation, gamut warning

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Proof mode, black point compensation, gamut warning

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Hello; I found something odd about proof mode (View – Proof Mode, not the one on the Convert With Color Profile dialog which seems to be something different). The proof appears to use “simulate paper color/black ink,” which is o.k. although there is no option to turn it off. The odd thing is that black point compensation is only available using Little CMS in the color management options; in Windows, if you are not using Little CMS, there is no black point compensation, and the proof is clearly off. This is most noticeable when using relative colorimetric on something low-tech with a significant departure from ideal, like plain paper. (Be sure to use accurate output levels.) I guess Windows (and maybe Mac) users will just have to use Little CMS if they want to use proofing, but it seems odd.

Along the same lines, proofing requires three different menu commands: setting the proof color profile in color management options, activating the View – Proof Mode command, and setting the rendering intent in the Set Color Profile dialog. It would be nice if these were all in one place, like a master proofing dialog.

More significantly, I do not find an option to display a gamut warning for out-of-gamut colors; am I missing it?

Thank you . . . .