Crop question

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Crop question

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I have a file. PLD. 4 layers. All 4000w x 6000h. I want to resize one layer. Make it larger. So I click on the layer tool and use the green handles to increase the size of the layer until I have the right size I'm looking for. Now I have 3 layers the same size and one larger one. So I select the larger layer and do a crop. Works fine. But no matter what I do I still 'see' the old cropped sections. Albeit greyed out. I can repeat the crop and crop the whole document and I get the same results. The cropped section of the layer is still visible. If I flatten the file the cropped section is gone and all is ok. But I want/need the layers.

So question is. - What am I doing or what should I be doing to removed the visible section that I cropped? It's annoying me!!!

bruce
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Crop question

Beitrag von photoken »

If you're working in Image Mode, the bottom image layer determines the size of the document.

So, if one of your layers that has not been resized is the bottom layer, make your resized layer the active layer and use Layout...Image...Bring to Document Size (from the main menu).

P.S., You don't even have to use the Crop tool -- simply using that command will trim the layer to the (defined) document size.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Ken the bottom layer is ok. It happens to be the top layer giving me grief. It was all ok until I wanted to re compose the image by making it larger. Then cropping it to match the other layers.
It works fine but the deleted/cropped section is always there. Albeit it greyed out.

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Heh heh heh. 'Hide Border Content'. :?

bruce