wish list

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

wish list

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I'm using the Hue Editor quite a bit. It's small on my travel/work laptop. Is there any way or any chance that it can be enlarged, now or in future updates?
I find it a valuable tool to fine tune some colors. But it's so small that it's hard to make very fine adjustments.

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: wish list

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

One more question.
The Hue Editor always comes up with HSV as default. Is there a way have RGB as default? (Yes I could make a preset). And a dumber question!!!!! What advantage is there using HSV rather than RGB. Keeping in mind I always work in RGB.

bruce
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Hue is basically identical in all four models used by the hue editor (RGB, HIS, HSV, and Lab). The differences are in the other two channels, and how they are combined affects the final image. If you select brightness or saturation and then look at the background color diagram while scrolling the color models, you will get an idea of the differences.

(I do not actually know how the hue editor calculates hue and saturation in the RGB model. Hue/Chroma/Luma? Lab has a cylindrical version, LCH, which would be logical here.)

The main difference between the models when editing hue is that the brightness appears to remain much more perceptually accurate in RGB and Lab than in HIS and HSV. (Make a drastic edit and compare them.) However, if you make an adjustment layer and set the blend mode to Color, the differences basically vanish. I usually set the blend mode for an adjustment layer to either Luminance or Color.

My #1 item for the wish list: being able to select the blend mode on the adjustment layer dialog, without having to close the dialog then set the blend mode in the Layers panel.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Russell. I've been playing a lot with the Hue Editor and find it helpful for my work. Just a bit of frustration with not being able to do finer adjustments due to the small Hue Editor window. It would be nice to garb a corner and drag it out.

bruce
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Mo 25 Sep 2017 03:36 Thanks Russell. I've been playing a lot with the Hue Editor and find it helpful for my work. Just a bit of frustration with not being able to do finer adjustments due to the small Hue Editor window. It would be nice to garb a corner and drag it out.

bruce
You can. Double-click on one of the curve icons at the top of the Hue Editor dialog (Hue:, Brightness:, Saturation:). This opens each curve in its own window that is resizable up to screen size. The only drawback is that it will not display the colours in the background - but you can keep the Hue editor visible in the background for reference, and this allows for much finer control.

And by double-clicking the Hue Editor adjustment layer icon, a larger version pops up that can be dragged vertically if the preview is displayed for more vertical control.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Herbert123. I give your ideas a go. Some of these 'tricks' are a mystery unit someone on this forum enlightens me!

bruce