Liquify applied to a set of layer

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
PA-Noa
Mitglied

Liquify applied to a set of layer

Beitrag von PA-Noa »

Is there a way to constraint Liquify effect to only a limited set of layers? For example to a specific folder of layers? This would be extremely helpful! Any help will be appreciated!
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Liquify applied to a set of layer

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Yes, it works for groups.
But you have to enable the property "draw isolated" for the group.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
PA-Noa
Mitglied

Beitrag von PA-Noa »

But you also have to put the Liquify layer inside the layer group, or else it won't work right?

Also how do you permanently apply the Liquify effect to all the layers in the group (without merging them)?
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

PA-Noa hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Sep 2017 12:56But you also have to put the Liquify layer inside the layer group, or else it won't work right?
Yes. A group that is "draw isolated" is nearly like a complete own picture. Imagine you would copy all included layers to another picture, flaten them and copy the result back. Such isolated groups have even their own layer mode.
PA-Noa hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Sep 2017 12:56Also how do you permanently apply the Liquify effect to all the layers in the group (without merging them)?
What's the benefit?
Once you are fine with the result of the single liquify layer, you could duplicate it and use drag/drop in the layer list to attach each copy to each layer. It appears intended in the list and only affects its parent layer. After that you could reduce each layer separately.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
PA-Noa
Mitglied

Beitrag von PA-Noa »

The reason I need to do it is because I'm using PhotoLine alongside other art programs. But a nondestructive Liquify layer would obviously not be compatible with other art programs, so I need to permanently apply it first before exporting

Thanks for the help!
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Just right-mouse click each liquify layer, and merge it down. If your liquify layer is affecting multiple layers in an isolated group, you will have to group those layers first, and then merge down the liquify layer. Or merge the entire group.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait