Liquify tool choppy

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
PA-Noa
Mitglied

Liquify tool choppy

Beitrag von PA-Noa »

Is there a way to make the Liquify tool not snappy? It feels chunky everytime I drag it, is there a way to prevent this?
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Liquify tool choppy

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Select the liquify layer, hit <ALT><S>, set mode to "Resolution", lower the DPI (PPI) to around 50-70, do your work. When done with larger changes, use the same dialog to increase the resolution back to the original one to continue work on small details.

Or create two liquify layers (what I do): one low resolution one for the larger changes, and a second higher resolution one to work on details. Make sure the low resolution one is created first, and use the above method to lower the resolution.
This also allows you to build up your liquify edits with layering, and you gain much more control over this type of work.

1) create a liquify layer
2) duplicate it (for as many as you think you will need)
3) the lowest liquify layer: <alt><s> drop resolution to a very low value
4) work in that for major edits.
5) select the higher liquify layer(s) for additional detail editing.

It is also possible to create a liquify layer that only affects part of the image by scaling it down, and positioning it over a specific subject in a photo. Make sure to lower the resolution first, though.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Liquify tool choppy

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Maybe the brush step size is just too high. With Liquify a value of 5% is often better than the default 10%, but choosing the value too low may lead to performance degradation.

So without more information from the original poster about the kind of his document (pixel size, number of layers, ...) and a more detailed description of his problem, it's hard to tell a solution.

Martin