Lost thumbnails

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Lost thumbnails

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

OK my day went to pot even further. Now I've lost all my PL thumbnails.
Open folders and all I get are blank thumbnails for all PL files.
I've checked my file associations. All my other files/associations are ok. (ie PSPImage files for Corels PSPx8 are fine etc etc etc). When I try to set an association for PLD file I get an 'unknown application' error.

Whhaaatt?

What has happened/ I lost my document and exif information. So I uninstalled 20.52 and reinstalled it. That didn't change anything.

bruce
maxwell
Mitglied

Re: Lost thumbnails

Beitrag von maxwell »

Hi Bruce,
Perhaps you should reset your user settings, to solve your problems. Informations can be found in the forum.

Josef
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

maxwell hat geschrieben: Sa 06 Jan 2018 10:16 Hi Bruce,
Perhaps you should reset your user settings, to solve your problems. Informations can be found in the forum.

Josef
Before you actually reset your settings, you should try PL in USB mode (look in the PL manual, you only have to create a PhotoLineSettings folder in the right place, which will cause PL to start with default settings).

But if you don't see preview images in Windows, it's likely a problem with the plugin that PL installs. First thing I'd try is re-start your computer, but maybe someone using PL on Windows can give further advice.

Cheers

Burkhard.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I did some fiddling around with Windows file associations and was able to get Windows to recognize Photoline. I associated PLD files with Photoline.
Now in my folders my thumbnail have a PL logo/Icon but no image. (I had the image with the PL logo on it before things changed. Then just a blank/empty square thumbnail. Now I have a fullsized icon with the PL logo/icon).

Hmmmm.

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

An update!!
I set PL up on my old desktop. Win 7. Everything works file and thumbnails are fine.
I also set up PL to run from a USB drive on my work laptop. PL runs fine. But no thumbnails.
I have a large PL logo/Icon thumbnail.

The issue isn't a PL issue. It's a Win 8.1 issue. I've seen this before with Corels PSP and now Photoline files. Everything is working fine, (Apart from Exif issue, see other thread, has been overcome by re installing/reverting to 20.51).

I've searched the web. It seems a common problem. But no solution I've tried resolves my issue. It's frustrating because I can't see a PL file without loading it.
As a short term work around I'm saving Pl files as a jpeg. Just so I can get a thumbnail in my folders!

Ahhh. I'm loosing so much time. I have a large order of 150 A3+ prints to do and all need to be unique. Opening and closing files becomes tiring after a while! :?

bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Oh dear. How embarrassing!! :oops:
I found the problem. AND the problem was ME. I just installed 20.54. And noticed the check box for 'show thumbnails in explorer'. I had been deselecting it.

Sorry.

bruce