How do I fix this?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

How do I fix this?

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

I seem to have screwed up my PhotoLine settings.

I had it set so that the panels I used frequently were pinned to the app but, for some reason, I must have deleted them. I have now tried to reattach them to the app layout but they do not want to stay pinned. I hoped the latest update would fix the problem but it did not, so it apparently just uses the previous settings. I have thought about removing all of the app from my Mac and then reinstalling it but it would probably be easier if someone could just tell me how to get the panels to stay pinned again. I looked through the menus but could find nothing that looked like it would solve this problem.

Thank you.
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: How do I fix this?

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I don't know if Mac behaves different than Windows or if this even helps you after things got messed up.

On Windows there's "View > Panel layout.."
Floating Panels are somewhat jumpy on Windows, they quickly get attached or rotated by accident.
So once I was fine with my setup, I stored the panel layout.
Now I can just restore it every time something bad happens.

Attached panels are more friendly. But you can also lock their positions, "View Panel layout > Lock"
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Thank you for the reply, but that did not seem to do what I wanted.

Originally I could move the panels to the main display and when I got near the edge I could see some up and down arrows that allowed me to dock the panel and pin it to that location. I can not seem to figure out how to get the app to do that again. As far as I can tell (and I may well be wrong) locking the panel does not seem to lock it (or pin it) to the main window. At least I do not see the up and down arrows that told me that it was getting set to the specified location.

Perhaps I just need to completely uninstall and reinstall the app. I assume that this kind of thing is stored somewhere in the PL files in the library folder, and perhaps I will look at some of my older backups to see what the settings used to be. That might be better.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

MikeFromMesa hat geschrieben: Mo 29 Jan 2018 16:56 Perhaps I just need to completely uninstall and reinstall the app. I assume that this kind of thing is stored somewhere in the PL files in the library folder, and perhaps I will look at some of my older backups to see what the settings used to be. That might be better.
that wouldn't help anyway.
If you want to reset your dialog settings, right click on the window title of any dialog and select "Reset Panel Layout".
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 30 Jan 2018 11:10 that wouldn't help anyway.
If you want to reset your dialog settings, right click on the window title of any dialog and select "Reset Panel Layout".
So I found out, the hard way after my re-install.

If I want to restore my old PhotoLine settings from Time Machine without restoring my entire system what Library folders should I copy back?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

~/Library/Preferences/PhotoLine
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Thank you.

I had found that before I posted but I was unsure if there was any other folder or file that needed to be restored.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

There are no other folders.