Replace color

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Replace color

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I need some help getting my brain around a color issue.

I need to replace the color of the bikes in the image, 01.jpeg, with the colors of the bikes in the 02.jpeg image. ie, the bikes in image 01.jpeg are too green.

I need the 01.jpeg image but with the color of the bikes as shown in the 02.jpeg image.

Regardless of how I select the colors I can't get my tolerances correct. It is a complicated image. I was hoping someone could show me a way that could work that would change the color of the bikes without affecting the rest of the image.

bruce
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: Replace color

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Where did image 02.jpeg go?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I think the 2nd picture is more reddish overall, maybe just a matter of a different color temperature.
So I took a color picker and used curves until the colors of the bikes matched.
Then played a bit to make the grey parts of the background more neutral.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I would use an Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer to do this.
Setup the green area to be replaced in this function und do a rough mask for the Adjustment Layer.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks guys.

Hoogo the problem with your method is changing the background colors etc.

Gerhard that is basically what I have been trying to do. I think the issue is the many 'green' areas that need to have their colors changed.
I'll keep trying as the client wants the image with just an adjustment to the bikes colors. Strange seeing customers like the 'wrong' colors and keep buying the print regardless!!

bruce
cathodeRay
Mitglied

Beitrag von cathodeRay »

Bruce

This replace colour thing is something I have spent many hours on (see posts passim, here and others), it's even become a sort of Holy Grail. My main use scenario is an old slide or occasionally print which has had its colour deteriorate over time, but in essence it is the same thing that you are trying to achieve. It's actually a bit more of a specific case of replace colour, as it is more of a match colour thing. Gerhard is very good with his highly skilled use of a H/S layer as is Hoogo with his curves but what I have always been trying to get a situation where you can have two images open, one a 'donor' image and the other the 'recipient' image and basically say make these colours in the recipient match these in the donor. The problem is targeting the colours you do want to change, without adversely affecting those you do not want to change.

To cut a long story short, I don't think it is possible on PL19 (which I am still running). Nik's Viveza held out some promise but it is too wild really. I think it might be possible in PL20 using the new Match Colour dialog - at least it looks very promising - might be worth trying that if you have PL20. Me being such a tight wad I have been waiting for PL21 before upgrading, I don't have that option...

cR
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

The layer Color Filter could help selecting the target of the Replace Color
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks everyone.

I took on Gerhards advice and created a selection then used a Hue Editor adjustment layer. Not perfect but good enough on a first try that I now know how to fix the color issue. I'll now go back and create a more accurate selection and start again.
With an original layer underneath I can then go back and erase some sections to show items that don't need to be corrected.

bruce