Right click new items

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Juan
Mitglied

Right click new items

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

Is there a way to add new items in the right click over the Layer menu?
Menu.jpg
Cheers,
Juan
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Right click new items

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

you can not change the entries of the context menu of the layer panel.
But you can setup your own user context menu that appears when you Shift right click or middle click on the active document.
This can be setup at "Edit > Options > Usage > Context Menu"
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

OK, now I'm really intrigued! Does anybody use this feature and, if so, what kind of things to you put into your personal context menu?
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Fr 20 Jul 2018 16:16 OK, now I'm really intrigued! Does anybody use this feature and, if so, what kind of things to you put into your personal context menu?
Since I have to export a lot of game assets, I mapped my Color Quantizer app link to this context menu. Select an object, and export. Simple and efficient.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
chrischa
Mitglied

Beitrag von chrischa »

I added "Fit in vector layer" (e.g. to create an adjustible vignette), "Bring to Document Size" (to shrink or expand layers quickly) and some of the "Mask"-menu-entries.
Photoline 23 unter Windows 10/64 Bit
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 20 Jul 2018 15:15 you can not change the entries of the context menu of the layer panel.
But you can setup your own user context menu that appears when you Shift right click or middle click on the active document.
This can be setup at "Edit > Options > Usage > Context Menu"
I see, thank you, although it would be nice to have it in the native right click (wish feature). Additionally, the Shift right click or middle click does not work in the layer panel, only in canvas, therefore the wish for this feature to be added.
Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Fr 20 Jul 2018 16:16 OK, now I'm really intrigued! Does anybody use this feature and, if so, what kind of things to you put into your personal context menu?
I didn't even know that the Shift right click existed until now, even though I have been using PL for many years already. I like always to customize my app as much as I can to accelerate the workflow and make the app to work for me.

Cheers,
Juan
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Thank you, all. I never knew this menu existed! I have added a few commands that I'm always going to the menus for; this will speed up my workflow!
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

If you create a folder called PhotoLineSettings in the installation directory, as described for running it from a USB stick, you can copy all your settings including the context menu and toolbars to another installation.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

In your personal context menu, is it possible to rename an item? For example, I have "Create" pulled from Layer>Layer Mask>Create command, but it would be really nice if I could rename that entry to "Create Mask". Yeah, the little icon on the left reveals we're talking mask here, but, dang, that icon is l-i-t-t-l-e for these old eyes! ;)
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Jul 2018 01:00 In your personal context menu, is it possible to rename an item? For example, I have "Create" pulled from Layer>Layer Mask>Create command, but it would be really nice if I could rename that entry to "Create Mask".
Unfortunately, it is not possible to rename an entry. But in the future the context menu will use an extended version of the menu title and will show "Create Layer Mask".

Martin
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Di 24 Jul 2018 01:00 In your personal context menu, is it possible to rename an item? For example, I have "Create" pulled from Layer>Layer Mask>Create command, but it would be really nice if I could rename that entry to "Create Mask". Yeah, the little icon on the left reveals we're talking mask here, but, dang, that icon is l-i-t-t-l-e for these old eyes! ;)
Hi Alan9940,

If you *really* want to change the label you're going to have to get into the weeds.

NOTE: This has only been tested on the English translation.

1) Find the "Strings.str" file (on Windows in the "Photoline\hlp\English" folder)

2) Open it in an ASCII text editor.

3) Search for "12293"

4) Edit the text after the second "/n" (Create) so it's "/nCreate mask";

5) Save the "Strings.str" file and restart Photoline.

All occurences of the original string will be "Create mask".

HTH
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Hello HTH,

I am using the English version and I appreciate the steps required to modify the item entry name, but, in my experience, when I start messing around in the weeds stuff stops working! ;) I think I'll just wait until some day that adding "Create" for creating a mask actually says "Create Mask".