How can I install or load brushes into Photoline?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Tom Fulery
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tom Fulery »

I tried FAQ, but there was only one post about this. Gerhard Huber replied, "you can drag the brush files to PhotoLine. PhotoLine accepts many different formats."

But that is extremely vague. What does "drag the brush files to PhotoLine" mean? Is there a Brushes folder? If so, where is it?

Thanks
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: How can I install or load brushes into Photoline?

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Drag and drop *.abr files into the main window of PhotoLine IF no file is open. If a file is open, drag the abr file on PhotoLine's title bar or a button menu bar.

Or use the Brushes panel, and click on the small upside-down arrow to choose an option: load or merge with current one (second group of options in that menu). Or just right-mouse click somewhere in the brushes panel to display the same options.

To select a brush set, click on that same button, or right-mouse click the panel contents, and select a brush set.

Unfortunately only up to six different brush sets can be displayed in these menus. If you load up a new set, it will move the sixth one out of the menu. For smaller brush sets it is preferable to merge a couple of brush sets into one brush set. This brush set can then be saved as a new brush set and loaded up later if required.

It is possible to drag multiple brush abr set files into PhotoLine, but only up to six (the existing ones will be replaced with the new ones).
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait