Can Photoline use Gimp brushes?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Tom Fulery
Mitglied

Beitrag von Tom Fulery »

If so, how do I install them? I've tried dragging them to the Brushes list but they don't install.

Thanks
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Can Photoline use Gimp brushes?

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

No, as far as I am aware PhotoLine does not support Gimp brushes. Gimp's native brush engine is more feature rich compared to PhotoLine's rather aged brush engine, and even if Gimp brushes could be imported, various things wouldn't be compatible.

Gimp's MyPaint brush engine far outpaces PhotoLine's, of course.

I do my painting and drawing work in Krita (which does support Gimp brush sets, coincidentally). PhotoLine's brush engine is somewhat limited compared to the competition as it stands.

The current brush engine in PhotoLine is in my mind the only major weak spot in PhotoLine, though. It is my hope the Hubers will address this at some point. Not expecting Krita level of painting and drawing options, but at the very least MyPaint or similar to Photoshop CC, because I often don't need all the bells and whistles of Krita for simpler jobs. But even those simple jobs require me to switch to Krita for drawing and painting now.

If only the MyPaint brush engine could be integrated, I'd be quite happy.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait