Saturation brush on the wish list

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Saturation brush on the wish list

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I know I have bought this up in the past and I know there are work arounds, including external editors. But I would really like a Saturation brush in PL.

Is it possible to look at including a Saturation brush in future releases?

I would imagine it working just the same as the Eraser. All the same features. Rather than deleting according to the settings increase saturation instead. Right button could decrease saturation. Or am I being too simplistic?

Bruce
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Saturation brush on the wish list

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I agree it could be useful to have a hue/saturation version to be added to the filter brush - for those users who dislike working with additional adjustment layers.

That said, I just add a hue/saturation adjustment layer at 200% opacity and a saturation of 100, fill it with black, and use white with opacity set to ~10-20% and tablet intensity to quickly adjust local saturation.

If you record an action to set up this adjustment layer and invert the white fill, it takes one click to begin adding saturation. Simple, effective, and completely adjustable because it is non-destructive. Personally, I like to keep my options open, because the client may need an adjusted version, and I am not tying myself down to fixed changes.

I believe Photoken mentioned the HSV S channel painting method before, correct?

Anyway, I recorded the action for you, and attached it here. Merge it with your existing actions, and run it on any image: instant saturation adjustment layer, and ready to paint saturation with a white brush and a low opacity setting.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Herbert123. I've been using Photoken's method. (I can open PSP as an external editor and use their saturation brush as well). But it takes more clicks and unclicks than I like. Just give me a brush that I can click on and paint in, or out, saturation where required. On much of my work I like to brush in saturation on small details. A simple brusg feature would be much quicker.

I'll try your action and see how I go.

thanks
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The action makes it a one-click non-destructive setup that is easily adjustable with the opacity slider as well.

Takes less clicks now compared to opening PSP and use its saturation brush. :)

Although I think it would be nice to have saturation as an option in the filter brush too.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Herbert123. I tried your action. I struggles to control the colours/saturation. Two clicks and I had the layer open in PSP and ready for their saturation brush. May be it's a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks!!

Bruce
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

If you want a Saturation brush, just take the normal brush and setup the channels to HSV. Activate "S" only and use a Foregroundcolor with much saturation, for example red, to increase the saturation in the picture and a color with less saturation, for example white, to decrease the saturation in the picture.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Gerhard. That's is basically what I have been doing. But having a dedicated saturation brush would/could cut out a few of the clicks.

bruce
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Another option is changing the channels mixing mode to "Saturation" in the Tool Settings. Then painting will just use the saturation of the foreground color.

And of course you can save the current tool settings as preset by using the small downward triangle in the Tool Settings title bar.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Martin. That works a treat.

I now have a saturation brush as a preset.

Edit - How can I save the color? ie (I'm checking the color box). eg, I use the brush with a black foreground color. I then choose my saved saturation preset brush. But even though I saved it with say a yellow brush, when I load my new preset brush the foreground color remains black?
Editing my edit!!! Sorry I simply did the new preset in the wrong order. All works fine now.

thanks

bruce