Apply modification layer or other action to multiple pages

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

Apply modification layer or other action to multiple pages

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Is it possible to apply a modification layer or some action to every page from a multipage document? For example: add a histogram correction to all 200 pages of a PDF document, merge Layers and convert entry document to black&white.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Apply modification layer or other action to multiple pages

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

I am assuming you're on Windows:

If you don't mind using the beta version of PhotoLine, the easiest way is to use the attached script:
- Record an action for a single page that achieves the desired result. The script sets the first layer of a page as the active layer, and the action should take that into account.
- You can either start the script by using the command line and by typing "cscript c:\path\to\script\ActionToEveryPage.vbs" or by copying it to the PhotoLine preferences folder in the "Automation" subfolder (if it doesn't exist yet, you'll have to create it). In the second case, it appears in the main menu under "Filter > Scripts" after a restart of PhotoLine.
- When you execute the script, it will ask you for the name of an action and will apply that action to every page of the active document. Spelling and uppercase/lowercase of the action name has to be correct.

On macOS it works analogously.

Martin
ActionToEveryPage.vbs.zip
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 17 Dez 2018 16:27 I am assuming you're on Windows:
My mistake not to mention my OS, but you're wrong. I'm on macOS 10.13.6.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 17 Dez 2018 16:27 If you don't mind using the beta version of PhotoLine
Do you mean there will be a new function to do this in next version of Photoline?!
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 17 Dez 2018 16:27 On macOS it works analogously.
Can't figure how. I tried to create a "Automation" folder inside "~/Library/Preferences/Photoline", but can't see any new command in Menu "Filter".
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

borgo1971 hat geschrieben: Di 18 Dez 2018 18:17I'm on macOS 10.13.6.
Then you'll need an AppleScript version of the script. I've attached one.
To use it, you can either copy it to "~/Library/PreferencesPhotoLine/Automation" or double-click it in Finder. Double-clicking should start the Script Editor (an Apple application) where you can start the script. Script Editor even allows to save the script as an application.

Before executing the script, start PhotoLine and load your document.

Martin
ActionToEveryPage.scpt.zip
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

borgo1971 hat geschrieben: Di 18 Dez 2018 18:17
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 17 Dez 2018 16:27 If you don't mind using the beta version of PhotoLine
Do you mean there will be a new function to do this in next version of Photoline?!
No, it just means that we are continually enhancing the scripting interface of PhotoLine.

Martin
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 19 Dez 2018 11:36 Then you'll need an AppleScript version of the script. I've attached one.
OK, thanks. I'll try it and I will study how to expand PhotoLine automation with AppleScript. But for simple tasks like add the same modification layer to all pages of a document, is this the unique way?