Curves

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Curves

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I have a 'request/query'! When working in Curves I use LAB. If I need to do a reset Curves always resets to RGB. Is there a way I can select LAB and keep LAB even when I do a reset. Or is it possible to have the active mode, ie LAB, be the default until otherwise changed? I simply want to work in LAB mode and not RGB.

bruce
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Curves

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

the default setting for Curves is RGB because most of the users will use this mode.
I think if we would save other settings, most users will have problems to use this function.
So I see to methods to solve your problem:
don't use the "Reset" button in the dialog but
  • use the "Standard" symbol to reset the actual curve
  • create a preset with your preferred start setting and select this
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

That's funny, I happened to be working with multiple Lab curve adjustments on a layer today (three to separate the L, A, and B adjustments grouped), and I noticed that when I switch away from the curve adjustments, and return to it later, the curve adjustments "forget" about the state of them.

Here's what I mean. This is the state when I work with three grouped Curve adjustments:
state1.png
But when I work on something different and return to this adjustment layer later, all curves are returned to their initial state, and I have to click each individual LAB channel once more to work with/display the modified channel.

Like so:
state2.png
It would be great if PhotoLine would remember the state of the adjustments as it was when I last worked on them, i.e.: keep the channels activated the user last worked on. Or at least when working with these grouped adjustment layers.

Secondly, when I select two or more adjustment layers, only one (the active layer) is displayed in the adjustment layer panel. It would be incredibly useful if we could work on all selected adjustment layers simultaneously. I am aware of grouping adjustment layers, but often I work with so many separated adjustments which rely on other adjustments throughout the layer stack, that it becomes a hassle to keep clicking back and forth to work on the various adjustment layers. The ability to multiple-select adjustment layers, and have all of the parameters displayed simultaneously in the adjustment layer panel would be a super workflow enhancer.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I guess it boils down to being lazy and forgetful. I always use LAB Curves. I have a Preset as suggested. But it would be nice to have the Reset apply to the Mode that is currently selected rather than reverting to RGB every time. A simple change??? Yes No?

bruce
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 18 Sep 2019 22:05 That's funny, I happened to be working with multiple Lab curve adjustments on a layer today (three to separate the L, A, and B adjustments grouped), and I noticed that when I switch away from the curve adjustments, and return to it later, the curve adjustments "forget" about the state of them.
First of all, it's not the optimal performance if you create a single adjustment for every channel, it would be better to setup the curves for "L", "a" and "b" in one curve adjustment.
If you reload the document, PhotoLine shows the first curve that's almost usefull if the user changes all curves.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 18 Sep 2019 22:05 Secondly, when I select two or more adjustment layers, only one (the active layer) is displayed in the adjustment layer panel. It would be incredibly useful if we could work on all selected adjustment layers simultaneously. I am aware of grouping adjustment layers, but often I work with so many separated adjustments which rely on other adjustments throughout the layer stack, that it becomes a hassle to keep clicking back and forth to work on the various adjustment layers. The ability to multiple-select adjustment layers, and have all of the parameters displayed simultaneously in the adjustment layer panel would be a super workflow enhancer.
I don't know if it would help to show all adjustment layers of all selected layer. Especially if a user has so much adjustment layers as you have. It would be hard to find the correct adjustment layer. You can't even see which adjustment layer is for which layer.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Do 19 Sep 2019 07:37
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 18 Sep 2019 22:05 That's funny, I happened to be working with multiple Lab curve adjustments on a layer today (three to separate the L, A, and B adjustments grouped), and I noticed that when I switch away from the curve adjustments, and return to it later, the curve adjustments "forget" about the state of them.
First of all, it's not the optimal performance if you create a single adjustment for every channel, it would be better to setup the curves for "L", "a" and "b" in one curve adjustment.
If you reload the document, PhotoLine shows the first curve that's almost usefull if the user changes all curves.
Yes, I am aware of that. The reason why I created three Curve adjustment layers: I wanted to see the three channels side by side. Currently it is not possible to split the Curve view in order to display all channels simultaneously, so it requires the user to click from one channel to the next. It would be nice if a new split view option could be integrated.

Thinking about the curves window: why not allow the user to shift-click each channel (including the combined one) to display the curves simultaneously in the curve view?

Select both the A and B channel, and both are displayed and editable in the same view, for example.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Do 19 Sep 2019 07:40
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 18 Sep 2019 22:05 Secondly, when I select two or more adjustment layers, only one (the active layer) is displayed in the adjustment layer panel. It would be incredibly useful if we could work on all selected adjustment layers simultaneously. I am aware of grouping adjustment layers, but often I work with so many separated adjustments which rely on other adjustments throughout the layer stack, that it becomes a hassle to keep clicking back and forth to work on the various adjustment layers. The ability to multiple-select adjustment layers, and have all of the parameters displayed simultaneously in the adjustment layer panel would be a super workflow enhancer.
I don't know if it would help to show all adjustment layers of all selected layer. Especially if a user has so much adjustment layers as you have. It would be hard to find the correct adjustment layer. You can't even see which adjustment layer is for which layer.
No, what I meant is that the user can pick and mutliple-select specific adjustment layers (not the layers they are applied to), and the parameters for these are then all displayed in the adjustment layer panel. I agree that it would become chaos when the user selects two or more layers, and all their adjustment layers are then displayed.

I think it would be useful if the user is able to multiple-select specific adjustment layers.