Wacom Tablet & PL

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Alan9940
Mitglied

Wacom Tablet & PL

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Just got a Wacom Intuos Pro and I'm wondering about its use in PL...

1) Are there pre-defined keyboard shortcuts for doing things like changing the brush size or do I have to setup each and every shortcut I need per Options>Keyboard Layout?

2) In the "Tool Settings" area, I see that I can set "Tablet" to Intensify, but I'm not sure what exactly this is doing. It seems that if I have the Intensify slider set to, say, 20% I get that amount with each brush stroke, as I would expect when using my mouse. So, PL doesn't have the construct of pen pressure controlling, for example, opacity?

Thank you for any insight provided.

Alan
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Wacom Tablet & PL

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: So 29 Sep 2019 00:40 1) Are there pre-defined keyboard shortcuts for doing things like changing the brush size or do I have to setup each and every shortcut I need per Options>Keyboard Layout?
There are several ways to change the brush size in PhotoLine:
- Ctrl+mouse drag
- Arrow key up and down
- Shift+mouse wheel
You can't modify that in the PhotoLine options, instead you have to adjust that in the Wacom options.
Alan9940 hat geschrieben: So 29 Sep 2019 00:402) In the "Tool Settings" area, I see that I can set "Tablet" to Intensify, but I'm not sure what exactly this is doing. It seems that if I have the Intensify slider set to, say, 20% I get that amount with each brush stroke, as I would expect when using my mouse.
The intensity slider controls the maximum intensity with one brush stroke. The pen pressure adjusts the current painting intensity, but painting several times at the same location will sum up to this maximum intensity.
Alan9940 hat geschrieben: So 29 Sep 2019 00:40So, PL doesn't have the construct of pen pressure controlling, for example, opacity?
The same "Tablet" setting that offers "Intensity", also offers "Brush Size" and several others. Additionally, beside this settings popup there is a button that allows to choose various combinations of pen input and brush options.
TabletToolSettings.png
Martin
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to make sure I understand what you told me... In Tool Settings, if I have Intensity at 100% and Tablet set to Intensify, then in the "Painting Matrix" panel I have Intensify->Pressure checked, then pressure on the tablet will control opacity? Therefore, a very light touch of the pen would provide a small amount of intensify, whereas a heavy touch would provide at or nearly 100% of the intensify? (see attached for my settings)

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Alan
PLTablet.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Mo 30 Sep 2019 21:11(...) Therefore, a very light touch of the pen would provide a small amount of intensify, whereas a heavy touch would provide at or nearly 100% of the intensify?
Yes, just try it and you will see the effect.

If you want to play around with the various options, it is better to use the non-modal version of dialog accessible via "View > Lists > Painting Matrix".
Simply change something and paint a few strokes to see the effect of your settings.

Martin
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Thanks, again, Martin.

Yes, that's exactly what I did, yesterday. I opened a new document, made the settings as shown in the attachment above, and started playing with the brush. Once I realized I had the settings correct to give me what I wanted, I opened an image file and started playing around with dodging & burning. However, I found that 100% intensify was too much for this task; just the lightest touch of the pen would lighten or darken an area by much more than I wanted. Therefore, I set Intensify to something like 20% and got exactly what I was looking for; nice and controlled!

Anyway, thank you, again, for the confirmation.

Kind regards,
Alan