PhotoLine 22.02 does not Fully Support new Nik 3 Plugins

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

PhotoLine 22.02 does not Fully Support new Nik 3 Plugins

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

TIF files produced by apps in the new DxO Nik 3 Collection not fully supported in PhotoLine and can cause PL to crash. (My tests conducted with ORF raw files in Silver Efex Pro 2).

DxO has just released a new package – Nik 3 – of the plugins/apps that run in PhotoLine 22.02. A new option, “Save and edit later” is available in the standalone versions of the apps but not the plug-ins. If this option is selected and the processed file is saved as a TIF, all the control point adjustments and recipes added can be accessed and reedited when the TIF is reopened in a supporting editor.

In my Silver Efex test, this new TIF contains two layers – a color file that appears to be a TIF rendering of the original raw file and a black and white layer containing the Silver Efex rendering including control point and recipe adjustments.

When this new TIF is reopened in the Silver Efex plugin via PhotoLine, the adjustments are not available (See the comparison screen cap). If an attempt is made to access the Selective Adjustments under Control Points in the illustration, PhotoLine will crash when the plugin is cancelled.

When PhotoLine is used to access a previously saved TIF with Silver Efex run as External Editor -> Edit Document, the “Save and edit later” option is available, but PhotoLine still does not detect the previously saved adjustments.
PL&Nik1.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
gennadiy
Mitglied

Re: PhotoLine 22.02 does not Fully Support new Nik 3 Plugins

Beitrag von gennadiy »

PL apparently does not understand the format of the data of these adjustments, when you save a file, discards these adjustments from tiff.
(Crash has not yet found)
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I don't know what kind of interface is used here.
There is no standard for this in my opinion.
Does this work with any software beside DXO?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I asked DxO now about this problem.
They told me, that it is not possible to pass the data from the TIFF file to the plugin.
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

According to promotion on the DxO website, the feature is designed to work with Lightroom Classic.
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
gennadiy
Mitglied

Beitrag von gennadiy »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben: Fr 05 Jun 2020 17:53 When PhotoLine is used to access a previously saved TIF with Silver Efex run as External Editor -> Edit Document, the “Save and edit later” option is available, but PhotoLine still does not detect the previously saved adjustments.
Found that everything wonderfully works on Placeholders (store previous settings).
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Thanks for this tip for getting it to work properly in PL.