It's quiet

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

It's quiet

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

No posts for how long? We must all be happy users!
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: It's quiet

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I haven't posted in a while because of A) new computer, B) really busy with work.

I use PhotoLine on a daily basis! Quite happy, although a few things I could really REALLY use. My main need would be either master pages, or a method to instantiate groups/layers to all pages. For my work I use PhotoLine to create at least two presentations/slides per week, and this is kinda frustrating at times.

We have pages, but no master pages. We have one of the best layer stacks in any design software, but no option to share layers across multiple pages. I hope to see either functionality implemented in a future version.

Otherwise, happy! Works really well on my new machine.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

My only current bug bear is the default is View/Show layer handles.
Let me turn it OFF as a default.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Yes, I noticed that too lately. Would be nice if that view setting could be saved per document.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

I am out of ideas and PhotoLine works well, so i don't post a lot. It is great to see that a lot of UI changes and bugfixes where made in last beta versions of PhotoLine but a lot of fundamental things are still the same and seems will never be changed.
Also i spent all end of Summer to help with ideas and bugfixes for Hybrid and Vapoursynth video apps for macOS. No more interested in newer versions of Hybrid because some total disagreement about UI and icons with Hybrid devleloper, so hope i can back to PhotoLine icons project soon.
https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php? ... 42#pid9542
https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1279
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

I'm very happy with PL :D , I work day and (parts of) night with it. I've stopped looking for software that does things better a long time ago. So, very few questions and things for discussions from me.
One thing I would like to see is to a gradient along a line, (next to the things mentioned above). But perhaps that is already somehow possible?
- Paul
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Quiet is far better than screamingly loud because of problems.

I'm doing several studio projects, write my blog, CLA (Clean, Lubricate, Adjust) and use my precision tools. PL is running smooth as silk, so why should I make noise?

_DSC5117_s.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I'm terribly sluggish and quickly exhausted by everything.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Corona fatigue? Maybe your exhaust pipe is constipated by Corona? New exhaust pipes can work wonders in old machines :mrgreen:

Never mind, I know I'm a mean, old, white man :wink:

Don't take it personally
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Di 27 Okt 2020 10:10 Corona fatigue? Maybe your exhaust pipe is constipated by Corona? New exhaust pipes can work wonders in old machines :mrgreen:
Never mind, I know I'm a mean, old, white man :wink:
Don't take it personally
:D Thanks for asking, my exhaust pipe is doing fine. I'll just stick to it, the replacements I've on the internet aren't that handy.
No, it's more a general lack of endurance, or maybe just laziness. The batteries are empty, but charging is too much hassle, I'll just go without. Corona is not the cause.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!