Vanish layer contour to transparent.

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

Vanish layer contour to transparent.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Which is the easiest way to vanish layer contour to transparent, for a variable amount of pixels? I'm a little surprised that I can't find a proper tool to do something like this. Maybe it's there and I don't see it ...
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Vanish layer contour to transparent.

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

borgo1971 hat geschrieben: Do 16 Sep 2021 13:03 Which is the easiest way to vanish layer contour to transparent, for a variable amount of pixels?
I don't fully understand your question.

The lasso tools offer a "Enhance Edge" functionality for the current selection in their Tool Settings and there is "Edit/Copy without Colored Edge" that removes the color tint of partial transparent edge while copying.

Martin
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Maybe a image will clarify what I mean.
Vanisched128kB.gif
I figure there could be a tool that let me increase vanishing contour with a slider.
In any case I'm looking to find the simplest way to do this, even without a dedicated tool. But even the example is pretty simple, I need to vanish contours from much more complex bitmap layer (not rectangular, and even with holes.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

borgo1971 hat geschrieben: Sa 18 Sep 2021 15:10 I figure there could be a tool that let me increase vanishing contour with a slider.
In any case I'm looking to find the simplest way to do this, even without a dedicated tool. But even the example is pretty simple, I need to vanish contours from much more complex bitmap layer (not rectangular, and even with holes.
The best solution depends on your specific situation.
  • If you are really starting with an image layer having an alpha channel, the easiest way is duplicating your image your image layer. Then you can blur the copy at the bottom by using the Gaussian blur. Afterwards you can shrink the visible area of the top copy by applying a minimum filter to its alpha channel.
  • If you are starting with an image without an alpha channel und you are creating the shape yourself, it is easier to don't use an alpha channel at all, but a layer mask instead (vector or image). Afterwards you can blur the layer mask in the Layer Attributes:
    LayerMaskBlur.png
Martin
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.