Issue: When "3 Dimensional Document border" is off all borders disappear, but reappear when document color is toggled

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
cadudesun
Mitglied

Issue: When "3 Dimensional Document border" is off all borders disappear, but reappear when document color is toggled

Beitrag von cadudesun »

Hi.

I'm using PL v23.40b2, but I can confirm the issue also with PL v23.01.
As shown in this screen-recording (https://tinyurl.com/yyqhteql), when "3 Dimensional Document border" is off, all document borders disappear, but reappear when document color is toggled.
By setting off "3 Dimensional Document border" I was expecting the document's thin border lines being kept, and only the border shadow (right and bottom bolder borders) being removed.
But by creating a new document everything is blank, there is no border at all between the document and the background.
The document's thin border lines reappear just after toggling the document background color under attributes.
Is this an issue, or the designed behavior?

Thank you,
Cadu
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Issue: When "3 Dimensional Document border" is off all borders disappear, but reappear when document color is toggle

Beitrag von shijan »

I asked for additional option in preferences to turn pixel line border line on/off, but developers decide that it is simpler to remove it in version 23. That pixel line border was jumping during image zoom in Pixel Mode and very distracting. A real pain to work with. In version 23 pixel line border is visible only when surrounding background color fill is the same as image background color.

Setting surrounding background color in PhotoLine is rather confusing process for new users due multiple interleaved options located in different places of UI. Problem was described here viewtopic.php?p=48391#p48391

:arrow: The simplest way to go:
- Enable "View -> Hide Border Content"
- Go to "Preferences -> Display -> Document" and set desired background color there for both "Picture more" and "Image mode".
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Issue: When "3 Dimensional Document border" is off all borders disappear, but reappear when document color is toggle

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

cadudesun hat geschrieben: Di 04 Jan 2022 00:23 The document's thin border lines reappear just after toggling the document background color under attributes.
Is this an issue, or the designed behavior?
The border of the document is not drawn if the color of the outer area does not match the background color of the document. Unfortunately, currently RGB white and gray white are treated as different colors :-(

I will fix this and add a minimum difference.

Martin
cadudesun
Mitglied

Beitrag von cadudesun »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 07 Jan 2022 16:15 I will fix this and add a minimum difference.
Thanks! That will be a nice usability improvement :)