.SVG file that crashes PL32 upon printing

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

.SVG file that crashes PL32 upon printing

Beitrag von maho »

Dear PhotoLiners,

I have a small .SVG file (Scalable Vector Graphics) that when I try to print it from PhotoLine, causes the program to crash:

stencils01.svg

If I use Layer->Flatten Image and then print from PL, then the image prints without a problem. The image prints from GIMP without a problem (without collapsing layers).

FYI the image was created in Python, not PhotoLine, so there is some possibility that the image itself is malformed in some way.

I am running PL 21.50 under Windows 10.

Any help appreciated!
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Re: .SVG file that crashes PL32 upon printing

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

I've downloaded the *.svg file and opened it with PL, printed it to the printer and to a PDF. No problem, no crash.

Imported it into a page in Scribus, printed it to the printer and to a PDF. No problem, no crash.

Opened it with Affinity Designer, printed it to the printer and to a PDF. No problem, no crash.

I could even open it with »Preview« (mac OS).

Maybe you can try this: Remove the field - 95 and - 94, keep the - 97. Remove all empty dots/ellipses, save the file as a PL file, close it, open it again and try to print it.

I'm running PL beta 2290b18, which you can dl here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6621
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

maho hat geschrieben: Di 11 Jan 2022 02:22 FYI the image was created in Python, not PhotoLine, so there is some possibility that the image itself is malformed in some way.

I am running PL 21.50 under Windows 10.
This is a bug caused by one of the Windows updates.

If you are not using a current version of PhotoLine, you can only print it by either flattening the document or by using transparency in the document. For example, this can be done by setting the intensity of one of the circles to 99%.

Martin
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

der_fotograf, Martin thank you for your replies.

I confirm that the file does print correctly using PL 19.51 on Mac OS X - so it's probably a Windows issue as you say.

Martin - do you think a PL upgrade to version 23 will fix the problem? If so, I am happy to upgrade.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

maho hat geschrieben: Di 11 Jan 2022 18:57Martin - do you think a PL upgrade to version 23 will fix the problem? If so, I am happy to upgrade.
It should work with 23. If you want to be sure, you can test it yourself. PhotoLine is a quick download :-)

Martin
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

Confirmed - prints fine under PL 23.01!