moving individual color channels?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
lutz
Mitglied

moving individual color channels?

Beitrag von lutz »

Is there an option in PL32 to move the imags in the individual color channels independently of each other. I could not figure out a straightforward way to do this.
It would help me a lot correcting pixel shift in fluorescence microscopy images - but should also for example be good for creating cartoon effects.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I created an action to split an image into 3 layers H/S/L. Recombining these layers was easy, all needed layermodes are available, so the result was visible all the time.
There are no layermodes to combine R/G/B, so if you want to use these channels you would need another action to combine and can not see the result while working.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: moving individual color channels?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

lutz hat geschrieben:Is there an option in PL32 to move the imags in the individual color channels independently of each other. I could not figure out a straightforward way to do this.
It would help me a lot correcting pixel shift in fluorescence microscopy images - but should also for example be good for creating cartoon effects.
There is no direct way to move the channels independently. You can only simulate this:
- duplicate your image
- in the original image fill the channel (and only that channel), which you want to move, with 255.
- in the second image fill the other channels with 255 and set the display mode to "Multiply".
- By moving the second image only a single channel will be shifted.

You can fill the channels by using the tool "Painting" and turning off the unwanted channels in the tool settings.
Another way is to use the "Tool/CLUT". Setting a curve, which maps every input value to 100%, fills that channel. In contrast to the painting tool the CLUT can be recorded in actions.

Martin