Blend Ranges or Blending Options - "How to" in pho

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Antworten
lutz
Mitglied

Blend Ranges or Blending Options - "How to" in pho

Beitrag von lutz »

Do you have an idea how to simulate layer "blend ranges" or "blending options" in Photoline?

This type of tool allows to restrict the blending of layers to defined brightness values and also allows for "soft" borders of these blend ranges.
MVGL
Mitglied

Blend layers

Beitrag von MVGL »

Erzeuge eine Vektorebene beliebiger Farbe mit den entsprechenden Umrissen aus einem Lasso oder mit dem Vektor-Werkzeug.
Wähle "Vorgänger beschneiden".
Wähle Ebene->Beschnittebene->Beschnittbreite.

Gruß Martin.

--

Create a vector layer with any color and an appropriate outline from a lasso or the vector-tool.
Choose "Clip previous layer".
Choose Layer->Clipping layer->Clipping Width.

Greetings Martin.
lutz
Mitglied

"blend if"

Beitrag von lutz »

Hello Martin,

thanks for the advice. I am not sure if I am following it correctly. I was not trying to select the blended or clipped regions according to a shape or an image. The purpose of blend ranges is to choose the regions which become blended according to brightness or color value. I have found a better descritpion in this old PS tutorial:

http://www.arraich.com/effects1/blending.htm

In the discussed PS version the sliders were named "Blend If".

http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/ ... Num=6&rl=1

The only feasible way that I have found in Photoline is to use two Mask Layers ( one original , one color inverted) were I would could induce extreme clipping on both layers withthe histrogram adjustments -> the result should be that both extreme highlights and shadows ot the orignal layer are not blended and that the medium range remains fully visible) .
Obviously this method is not very easy to adjust and needs a lot of layers.
Most likely there is a more straightforward way in Photoline.
lutz
Mitglied

using "false color" - saving custom gradients?

Beitrag von lutz »

hello,
I just came across the "false color working/adjustment" layers. These would be very useful (applied to mask layers) for the simulation of blend ranges.
Is there somehow an option to save the modifed gradients in the "False Color" tool?
I believe this would be necessary to be able to apply it in actions?

thanks in advance
Antworten