Trick your eyes and claim a professional lens.

Hier können Anwender über Ihre selbst erarbeiteteten Tricks berichten
Antworten
dutchman
Mitglied
Trick your eyes and claim a professional lens.

Beitrag von dutchman »

In order to assume a high end cameralens you can follow these steps.
The left pic I took with a smartphone... nearly no depth of field.
The right pic could be a shot with an expensive camera/lens with a great depth of field.
1. Take the left pic and copy
2. the first you must blur as you like.
3. the copy you have to mask out and cut out the -in this case- "gras" in the front.
alternative, you can draw with white to "delete" the blur, or black, to reveal the blur.
blurringbackground.jpg
blurringbackground.jpg (64.49 KiB) 5727 mal betrachtet
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Trick your eyes and claim a professional lens.

Beitrag von Hoogo »

The simple version of this receipt can produce halos, you can see a little bit of it around the bright lower leaf in front of the background.
An addition to this receipt: Remove the plant from the background. I think "Autolasso" to select the plant and the "remove object "button in its tool setting will do fine.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Hi Hoogo, I missed you in the past months... welcome back.

As you can imagine is the halo from the jpg-compression from the standard 70% ratio. The "Threat-beginning" pic on the left (original) has the halo as the right one (edited) too, so no changes here, because bot of them are in a 70% compression rate. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the masking-method.

Your proposal of cut out with remain the background (remove object)and paste in is not an option for me, altough the remove function did a really tremendous and great job. I did this action as shown and show you all - as a sample" how good PL did this action. (After some adjustments).

In the following pic I improved the compression to 92% ratio, so the halos are gone now. Due to the size reduction it shows some "color-bleedings" but no halos.
The new pic shows a "remove object" with some adjustments afterwards. That's the left one. The right one I quickly re-edit and did some (bad) modifications on the left gras. But I left it as is. As I mentioned a "quick edit".
As allways, I show with my examples here in the forum, what PL can do for you. But PhotoLine is a 1000 times more perfect as I ever can be.
blurringbackground2.jpg
blurringbackground2.jpg (121.14 KiB) 5576 mal betrachtet
The following pic shows a 100% compression rate as close up.
blur-background-without-halo.jpg
blur-background-without-halo.jpg (73.89 KiB) 5576 mal betrachtet
Of course you can edit my pic and show me a better way to do it.
The downloadlink of the file... that's a call at all of you... Please show me YOUR WAY:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0TE6U ... sp=sharing
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

dutchman hat geschrieben:In the following pic I improved the compression to 92% ratio, so the halos are gone now. Due to the size reduction it shows some "color-bleedings" but no halos.
Hoogo is right, your method creates halos as soon as you need a sharp mask along an edge (as is the case with the lowest leaf on the r.h.s. in your sample image), since the part which you want to be sharp will also be part of the blurred image. This has been discussed at length in this thread (in German). If you have a uniform background (as in the case which you show) there is no problem as the mask can be soft or far enough away from the edge.

Cheers

Burkhard.
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

OK, I will reedit the image, alltough I can live with the result for a DIN A3 print i.e.
I will concentrate my work on the lower right side.

I've shared the image, so you could show your result here to compare.
It is rather easy to say "You're doing things in a wrong way, you have to do it in another way".
If you show us your way, we can compare and discuss.
This forum is a great help for me but could be better with some examples.

I appreciate comments, don't misunderstand!
But with some other ideas to compare it would be more helpful.

Thanks to all forumizer :D
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

So... next "quick" try.
I have to confirm Hoogo's and Burkhard's posts. Thanks guys.
It depends on the blur ratio. Much blur, much halo.
I screwed the ratio down from 40 to 20. Now it's a lot better but still not perfect.
My example:
blur-background-second-try.jpg
blur-background-second-try.jpg (119.73 KiB) 5542 mal betrachtet
Some other examples available???
Antworten