Error running batch file in PL 16, 64 bit Win7

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Error running batch file in PL 16, 64 bit Win7

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

I recently had to process several files to add text and an image logo. For single files requiring a logo addition, I usually save the logo file as a stamp (with only one image layer). Then I'm able to easily access that logo if needed in any future projects.

For the group of files I recorded an action. Because the stamp cannot be included in an action, I copied the stamp image to the clip board and did a paste in the action. When I ran the action in the Browser batch operation, the action completed correctly but upon completion of each file, the following message popped up:

"Do you want to cancel current job?"

That required me to click on the Yes or No button.

I haven't yet tested this in the 32-bit version. I'm wondering if this error is resulting from the paste operation occurring within the action?

Here are the operations within the action:

1. Lasso
2. Crop
3. Scale
4. Image Noise
5. Text to Picture
6. Activate New Layer
7. Layer Style
8. Activate Previous Layer
9. Insert
10. Activate New Layer
11. Reduce to Background

I understand there may be complications of making the Stamp function accessible as an action because of the spray effect. But I, for one, would certainly like to be able to apply it with just one stamped image in an action.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Error running batch file in PL 16, 64 bit Win7

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:I recently had to process several files to add text and an image logo. For single files requiring a logo addition, I usually save the logo file as a stamp (with only one image layer). Then I'm able to easily access that logo if needed in any future projects.
I prefer using "Load Layer" in this situations, because this way you don't have to reduce the logo to pixel data.
OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:For the group of files I recorded an action. Because the stamp cannot be included in an action, I copied the stamp image to the clip board and did a paste in the action. When I ran the action in the Browser batch operation, the action completed correctly but upon completion of each file, the following message popped up:

"Do you want to cancel current job?"

That required me to click on the Yes or No button.
This message should only appear, if you press the Esc key while running batch conversion.
OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:I haven't yet tested this in the 32-bit version. I'm wondering if this error is resulting from the paste operation occurring within the action?
I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Can you send your action to support@pl32.com?

Martin
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. Can you send your action to support@pl32.com?
It's on the way.

Thanks.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: I prefer using "Load Layer" in this situations, because this way you don't have to reduce the logo to pixel data.
Martin, thanks for providing that information. I tried it. One thing I did find is if the newly loaded layer needs to be resized, it should be be done with the Scale Document tool (set to Layer) to be included in a recorded action. Dragging the layer handles didn't appear in the test action I tried.

Thus, with "Load Layer," there's no reason to be able to record "Stamp" in an action as I have been advocating.

Just another valuable PL tool which is a bit unconventional compared to the approach taken by PS and PSP, and not explained clearly in the documentation -- at least in the English version.

I appreciate your help.

Bob