PhotoLine Version 17.50

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: PhotoLine Version 17.50

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Twindaddy hat geschrieben:ist die Einstellung für die Fensterfarbe in Windows unter Einstellungen -> Monitorauflösung mit Absicht wieder entfernt worden?
ja, die Funktion ist nur für die Betaversion vorhanden.

Gerhard
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bugs/strange behaviour:
  • the pages panel does not visually update when I make a change to one of the pages (and 128x128 thumbnails are not available, only up to 96x96 ones are generated) *edit: it does update, but takes about three seconds
  • when opening two windows for the same document, activating one document view and changing to another page will change the view for both document windows to the selected page. I expect each document window to "stay put", and allow me to display different pages of the same document. This seems much more useful in document mode.
  • when I open two views of the same document with two pages or more, switching between the two pages moves the view all over the place - with one view centered on the page, while the other view moves to a distant location.
    (I use a 1000% edge width for both the document and picture mode, which allows me to pan the view even when I am zoomed out - Photoline has issues with this).
    Solution: add an option and/or change the current pan behaviour so that the user can pan the view regardless of whether or not the view is zoomed out. Most users prefer this type of panning behaviour.
  • Translation suggestion: "picture mode" is not necessarily a mistranslation, but it does lead to confusion. "Image mode" would be clearer in English, and less ambiguous. Same for "New Picture" in the file menu and anywhere the term is translated as such in Photoline. In English we say "vector image" and "bitmap image" when working with images on a computer, not "vector picture" or "bitmap picture". Images in books are often referred to as "pictures", while in image software the term "image" is used.
And one wish for a future version (or perhaps even for the upcoming one?): pages currently do not support template layers? Here is a simple to implement, but crucial and important solution:

Add an option to share a layer between pages in a document!
This would give the document/dtp side of Photoline a much needed boost in functionality, since no template layer(s) function currently exists. This should be easy for you to implement, and provide a major jump in document usability. Imagine having one virtual layer of a group of items (or any layer) repeated in all pages, and being able to change the original one so that all the others update in the other pages - pure gold. Similar to other DTP software's templating functionality, but done the "Photoline" way, and much more flexible. Don't forget, we can turn off layers per page, so any combination of shared layers would be possible... No-brainer, I think! :-P
Zuletzt geändert von Herbert123 am Mo 10 Dez 2012 04:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Add an option to share a layer between pages in a document!
This is already possible — you can paste a virtual copy of a layer or group onto another page. Once you have created such a template page, you can even use "Copy pages" to make more virtual copies. Maybe this could be simplified by a command "put virtual copies of this layer on every page/all odd/all even pages/a page range", or maybe by the possibility to create virtual copies of pages (but what about text layers — might be hard to decide which ones should be virtual copies and which need to be real copies.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Add an option to share a layer between pages in a document!
This is already possible — you can paste a virtual copy of a layer or group onto another page. Once you have created such a template page, you can even use "Copy pages" to make more virtual copies. Maybe this could be simplified by a command "put virtual copies of this layer on every page/all odd/all even pages/a page range", or maybe by the possibility to create virtual copies of pages (but what about text layers — might be hard to decide which ones should be virtual copies and which need to be real copies.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
I was aware of the virtual copies - the problem with those is that once copied, to all pages, they still act like individual layers on all pages, and I would have to go through all pages to remove those. It would be nice to have an option to control all of them in all pages with a single click. For example, a virtual layer is labelled as "(virtual Copy)" - to go one step further, one could add a possibility to share such a layer automatically across all pages on a document (with option to designate odd/even/page range like you say), and add "(shared Virtual Copy)". Un-sharing such a layer would remove all its instances from all pages automatically.

And the problem you describe is solved in other DTP apps by introducing the concept of template pages, btw. Photoline is the only DTP app that does not offer those. But it could be circumvented by shared layers. Or even augmented in combination with template pages (having both! ;-)
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Beitrag von toyotadesigner »

Photoline is the only DTP app
PL is not a DTP app. It basically is an image editor with extended functions.

If you need a full blown page layout app, you should try Scribus (http://scribus.net/canvas/Scribus). It is free, extremely powerful and comes loaded with features you want to have coded into PL.

Again, I suggest to offer a basic PL for image editing, and the option to install more modules for vector graphics and page layout if the user wants/needs it. Otherwise, I hope the developers don't make PL a monster that nobody really wants on his hard drive.

The integration of interfaces for more plug ins is far more important than any DTP dreams.
Das Schöne an Einweg-Kameras ist, dass ich mir die Modellbezeichnungen nicht merken muss.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Well, I like the DTP-functions... Today I'm not very ambitious anymore to look deeper into another program, at least not if I don't quickly see a big advantage.

Turning on/off of all virtual copies: Group the basic layer and create virtual copies of that group. A change to the group is reflected on all duplicates of that group, that means you can or turn of layers or add new layers to that group.
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Ich habe noch einen kleinen 'bug' gefunden:

Automaske -> Löcher füllen und Kanten glätten, d.h. alle Optionen aktiv: die Löcher werden NICHT gefüllt.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Das Schöne an Einweg-Kameras ist, dass ich mir die Modellbezeichnungen nicht merken muss.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

toyotadesigner hat geschrieben:Automaske -> Löcher füllen und Kanten glätten, d.h. alle Optionen aktiv: die Löcher werden NICHT gefüllt.
Funktioniert hier bei mir problemlos, auch mit 16 oder 32 bit Farbtiefe.
fill holes.png
(Die Löcher werden allerdings nicht während der Vorschau mit ausgewählt, sondern erst nachher gefüllt.)

L.G.

Burkhard.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Die Löcher werden allerdings nicht während der Vorschau mit ausgewählt, sondern erst nachher gefüllt.
Ja klar, bei kleinen Flächen kein Problem, aber bei grossen Flächen durchaus. Ich werde später nochmal PL starten und testen.
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Die markierten Stellen zeigen die 'Inseln der Unantastbarkeit'.

Dies ist noch eine harmlose Variante.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

toyotadesigner hat geschrieben:Die markierten Stellen zeigen die 'Inseln der Unantastbarkeit'.

Dies ist noch eine harmlose Variante.
Diese Beispiele sind per Definition keine Löcher. Löcher sind maskierte Bereiche innerhalb unmaskierter, nicht anders herum.

Martin
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Alles klar, danke. Mein Fehler in der Logik <seufz>