Neue Testversion 17.90b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Neue Testversion 17.90b1

Beitrag von Hoogo »

ellhel hat geschrieben:
Werden wir hier also typisch steif-teutonisch-preussisch, um zu zeigen, dass wir alle ohne Humor sind.
Bitte nicht......
Lol, wäre aber korrekt. Loriot war der letzte Deutsche mit Humor, aber er ist ja nun tot...
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Beitrag von toyotadesigner »

Loriot war der letzte Deutsche mit Humor
Du kennst mich noch nicht :-)
Das Schöne an Einweg-Kameras ist, dass ich mir die Modellbezeichnungen nicht merken muss.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:I'm not sure if the usual channel mixer would make any sense in color spaces that don't depend on vectors.
Strictly speaking, the channel mixer doesn't make sense when working in a non-linear colour space — otherwise you don't get a proper coordinate transform. Still, you can do useful things with it, even when working in sRGB, AdobeRGB or Lab. Why shouldn't it be useful to mix channels in HSV or HIS? Changing intensity depending on hue can make sense, as well as changing hue or saturation depending on intensity. Probably you'll still need a curves adjustment for fine tuning. But I mainly use the channel mixer for b/w conversion anyway, where having hue and saturation available makes even more sense to me.
Hoogo hat geschrieben:Maybe "change channels" as a working layer would make more sense?
Maybe easier to use but also much less flexible … but in any case, a significant improvement.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

bkh hat geschrieben:Strictly speaking, the channel mixer doesn't make sense when working in a non-linear colour space — otherwise you don't get a proper coordinate transform.
I don't agree. You surely get a different result if you first transform coordinates and then adjust Gamma or when you do it in the other order. adjustments and all the stuff that profiles allow change the shape of the color space. But I think that >95% of all people do all of their work in sRGB or AdobeRGB without a linear Gamma, and it's most of the time no problem at all. Unless you want to simulate physics. Quite some people even touch the hue-slider or use Lab.
bkh hat geschrieben:...Changing intensity depending on hue can make sense...
Within the channel mixer? You surely would like to have some curve-adjustment before adding a hue-value to your result if you want to emphasize some colors, I assume this is what the grey mixer does.
bkh hat geschrieben:...changing hue or saturation depending on intensity
Translate more saturation into more brightness might give nice results for bw-conversions. But still I see the scope of the channel mixer in transformation and would prefer "change channels" for that purpose.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Der Kanalmixer clippt übrigens in 32Bit, könnte behoben werden.
----------------
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

toyotadesigner hat geschrieben:
Loriot war der letzte Deutsche mit Humor
Du kennst mich noch nicht :-)
OS-Bashing ist sehr humorig :roll:
bitte einfach ins Heise-Forum wechseln.
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

toyotadesigner hat geschrieben:Dann hättest Du als gutes Vorbild den absolut überflüssigen Hinweis auf Deinen Urlaubsort weglassen sollen.
Ich arbeite hier gerade, wie ich mich ansonsten auch nicht besonders oft in DE aufhalte. Nur so zur Info aber leider OT, da hast du schon recht.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:Strictly speaking, the channel mixer doesn't make sense when working in a non-linear colour space — otherwise you don't get a proper coordinate transform.
I don't agree. You surely get a different result if you first transform coordinates and then adjust Gamma or when you do it in the other order. adjustments and all the stuff that profiles allow change the shape of the color space. But I think that >95% of all people do all of their work in sRGB or AdobeRGB without a linear Gamma, and it's most of the time no problem at all. Unless you want to simulate physics. Quite some people even touch the hue-slider or use Lab.
Don't get me wrong. I don't argue against using the channel mixer with nonlinear gamma — just the contrary. If it does what you want, why not use it? Just like a HIS or HSV channel mixer may produce useful results. All I wanted to say is that insisting on a mathematical or physical justification isn't always necessary.
Hoogo hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:...Changing intensity depending on hue can make sense...
Within the channel mixer? You surely would like to have some curve-adjustment before adding a hue-value to your result if you want to emphasize some colors, I assume this is what the grey mixer does.
Yes … but with a wider adjustment range and more control for less saturated colours.
Hoogo hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:...changing hue or saturation depending on intensity
Translate more saturation into more brightness might give nice results for bw-conversions. But still I see the scope of the channel mixer in transformation and would prefer "change channels" for that purpose.
I think that it would be very difficult to do this with a "change channels" adjustment layer — you'd probably need a "change channels" layer mode mixing channels from a source and a destination layer for that, or at least a "change channels" adjustment layer which changes more than one channel at a time.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:1) in the color editor (rgb), when I use the tab key to go to the next entry field, the number is not selected, which does not work like other entry fields. I expect the value in an entry field to be pre-selected when I tab between entry fields?
Here on Mac OS this works as expected. Is this reproducible on Windows?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:2) copying a virtual layer or a group with a virtual layer with sub-adjustment layers attached results in a copy of that virtual layer without the adjusment layers.
I will fix that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

ellhel hat geschrieben:
Herbert 123 hat geschrieben
Oh, and before I forget: a big "thank you" for including that layer thumbnail option to display either the document or the layer contents! Probably not yet noticed by others, but a big time-saver for me!
Ist ne' tolle Funktion. Die Größe der Thumnails sollte aber gespeichert werden. Bei hin und her schalten sind die immer auf "32" eingestellt.
Das sollte in der nächsten Version funktionieren.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Der Kanalmixer clippt übrigens in 32Bit, könnte behoben werden.
Das werde ich ändern.

Martin
Ralf
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ralf »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:Is this reproducible on Windows?
Unter Windows 7 (64-bit) getestet mit 17.51 und 17.90B1 in 32- und in 64-bit:
Beim Öffnen von Farbliste/Bearbeiten steht der Cursor am Anfang von R, ohne den vorhandenen Wert zu selektieren. Bei weiteren Tab-Sprüngen werden die Werte direkt selektiert.

Ralf
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
ellhel hat geschrieben:
Oh, and before I forget: a big "thank you" for including that layer thumbnail option to display either the document or the layer contents! Probably not yet noticed by others, but a big time-saver for me!
Ist ne' tolle Funktion. Die Größe der Thumnails sollte aber gespeichert werden. Bei hin und her schalten sind die immer auf "32" eingestellt.
Das sollte in der nächsten Version funktionieren.

Martin
Ah, hab das nun auch gefunden, Kontextmenü der leeren Ebenenliste.

-Neues Bild 300*300 Pixel erstellt
-Auf "Layer" gestellt
-Ebene dupliziert
-Hintergrundebene auf 300 Pixel in der Breite vergrößert.

So, wie es jetzt ist, ist es wohl erwünscht: Die obere Ebene ist schön groß.

-Zu Kanälen und zurück gewechselt

Nun ist die obere Ebene genauso klein skaliert wie die untere. Und so bleibt sie auch, Größenänderungen durch Croppen ö.Ä. beheben das nicht.
----------------
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Oh, and before I forget: a big "thank you" for including that layer thumbnail option to display either the document or the layer contents!
Ah, hab das nun auch gefunden, Kontextmenü der leeren Ebenenliste.
Es geht auch über das Aufklappmenü der Titelleiste des Ebenendialogs.
Hoogo hat geschrieben:-Neues Bild 300*300 Pixel erstellt
-Auf "Layer" gestellt
-Ebene dupliziert
-Hintergrundebene auf 300 Pixel in der Breite vergrößert.
(…)
-Zu Kanälen und zurück gewechselt
Nun ist die obere Ebene genauso klein skaliert wie die untere. Und so bleibt sie auch, Größenänderungen durch Croppen ö.Ä. beheben das nicht.
In der Form kann ich das nicht nachvollziehen, aber es stimmt, dass das Vorschaubild nicht immer den verfügbaren Platz ausnützt. Ich werde mir das ansehen.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:In der Form kann ich das nicht nachvollziehen, aber es stimmt, dass das Vorschaubild nicht immer den verfügbaren Platz ausnützt. Ich werde mir das ansehen.
Ist wohl eine Frage des Momentes, zu dem die Vorschaubilder aufgefrischt werden. Die Größe der Hintergrundebne zu ändern frischt die obere Ebene nicht auf, sie bleibt in der alten Größe. Darin zu malen frischt die Vorschau aber dann auf, und sie verkleinert sich.
----------------
Antworten