Neue Testversion 17.90b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
ellhel
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 17.90b2

Beitrag von ellhel »

Nach Neustart gehts wieder. :roll: Zum Glück.
Ich hatte auf alle Fälle NumLock an, da ich ja die Werte für die Ebenenintensität direkt im Textfeld eingetippt hatte.

Wer weiß was ich da wieder gemacht habe.......
"Irren ist menschlich. Aber wer richtigen Mist bauen will, braucht einen Computer !!!"
:wink: Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

Juan hat geschrieben:Hi all,

Is there a new file icon? If it so... I´m not so sure about it, sorry.
Der Dateianhang logo.jpg existiert nicht mehr.
Cheers
Juan
I agree with Juan.

Here's how that file icon is shown on a PL thumbnail within Zoner Photo Studio 15's Browser.
PL_Thumb2.jpg
PL_Thumb2.jpg (10.89 KiB) 1264 mal betrachtet
Compare that to the old file icon imposed on the same PL thumbnail as shown by Windows Explorer via FastPictureViewer' Codec Pack.
PL_Thumb1.jpg
PL_Thumb1.jpg (8.97 KiB) 1264 mal betrachtet
You decide which is better.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Beitrag von toyotadesigner »

The first one looks like a pie chart. Does it mean that PL supports Excel pie charts now?

An improvement of the existing icon would definitely look different and better... a good icon is reduced to the absolut minimum of one single component, not stuffed with 6 elements.

Just my humble opinion as an industrial designer.
Das Schöne an Einweg-Kameras ist, dass ich mir die Modellbezeichnungen nicht merken muss.
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

I don't know why there is the need to change the program-icon of PL, I think the current one is not that bad. In my opinion it would be fine if the icons used on the gui could be retouched and unified. On the other hand I know how much work this would be and to be frank, now I'm used to the current icons :lol:
In the past we saw some tries to create a new program-icon for PL but none of them I really like as an program-icon. I remember the wonderful lens from ono, which could be a nice PL-icon in the dock but as a general program-icon I don't like it because a lens is not representing PL for me.
toyotadesigner hat geschrieben:... a good icon is reduced to the absolut minimum of one single component
Well, I agree but what single component this could be? In the last hours I read some guidelines about icon-design, for example "Don't use text" ... well a lot of program-icons are using text, maybe freedom of art?
Only for clarification I tried to generate an icon which stuck to the most rules and to the statement from toyotadesigner:
PL_Icon_try.jpg
PL_Icon_try.jpg (42.7 KiB) 1241 mal betrachtet
I'm not claiming that this work is smart or nice, also the lower resolutions would need some tweaking.
From designer point of view is this a step in the right direction?
LightsOn
Mitglied

Beitrag von LightsOn »

toyotadesigner hat geschrieben:An improvement of the existing icon would definitely look different and better... a good icon is reduced to the absolute minimum of one single component, not stuffed with 6 elements.
First of all it has to be simple enough and distinctive, compared with the graphic design of competing programs. The current icon is nothing special, but good enough to be acceptable. Actually it would be more interesting, to expand the GUI with menu icons of the current style, at least for the most important functions. :wink:
Linux Mint Debian, Core i5 3570 (4x3.40 GHz), 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 (2048 MB);
"Tout obstacle renforce la détermination. Celui qui s'est fixé un but n'en change pas." Léonard de Vinci
toyotadesigner
Mitglied

Beitrag von toyotadesigner »

From designer point of view is this a step in the right direction?
Definitely! Great idea!
Dateianhänge
pl_icon02.png
pl_icon02.png (17.53 KiB) 1183 mal betrachtet
Das Schöne an Einweg-Kameras ist, dass ich mir die Modellbezeichnungen nicht merken muss.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Photoline still crashes on me when I work with that one file I sent to Gerhard, although I installed the newest 13.1 AMD drivers. It's almost as if Photoline cannot keep up with the panning and zooming - perhaps I should clean out all the old preferences?

By the way, I now have a second comparable file that crashes constantly whenever I zoom and pan a number of times. Both are vector-heavy, and converted illustrator to svg files.

Gerhard: were you able to figure something out with my Photoline settings file?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Gerhard: were you able to figure something out with my Photoline settings file?
no, I worked for hours with your file - it has a really crazy structure - on several computers, no problem here.

Gerhard
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

What about this?
Icon.jpg
Icon.jpg (71.19 KiB) 1160 mal betrachtet
Cheers
Juan
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Na, I still prefer the old blue ball as an icon. What's wrong with blue balls? Why is there the need to change blue balls for something else? :wink:
If there is some need to simplify it even more, one could try to drop the CMYK-bar and color a part of the dark blue frame of that circle with CMYK.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Das alte Datei-Icon halte ich für das derzeit beste. Das neue erinnert mich an ein Kuchen-Diagramm.
Beim ersten Blick in einen Ordner mit PL-Dateien dachte ich, da hätte jemand ne´Tüte Bonbons aufgemacht. :lol:
Der "PL-Ball" sollte wieder benutzt werden. Es wird ja viel über die GUI von PL geredet, aber wenn etwas "OK" war, dann das Dateisymbol.

Grüße
Helmut

Frage: Wer hat eigentlich den PL-Ball entworfen.
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Ashcraaft
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ashcraaft »

ellhel hat geschrieben:Das alte Datei-Icon halte ich für das derzeit beste. Das neue erinnert mich an ein Kuchen-Diagramm.
Beim ersten Blick in einen Ordner mit PL-Dateien dachte ich, da hätte jemand ne´Tüte Bonbons aufgemacht. :lol:
Der "PL-Ball" sollte wieder benutzt werden. Es wird ja viel über die GUI von PL geredet, aber wenn etwas "OK" war, dann das Dateisymbol.
Sehe ich genauso!
Bitte besuche & teile PhotoLine auf folgenden Seiten:
PhotoLine bei Facebook | YouTube

Danke, Sascha Ballweg
(Photoline-Nutzung: Mac OS-X & Windows 10)
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

ellhel hat geschrieben:Frage: Wer hat eigentlich den PL-Ball entworfen.
Ich meine, Martin war es, wahrscheinlich in diesem Thread hier.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Danke für die Info.
George Bernard Shaw
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Na, I still prefer the old blue ball as an icon. What's wrong with blue balls? Why is there the need to change blue balls for something else? :wink:
If there is some need to simplify it even more, one could try to drop the CMYK-bar and color a part of the dark blue frame of that circle with CMYK.
I guess I was trying to make a more minimalistic look and keeping the CMYK (which I don´t like so much), but you gave a great idea, how could look the original sphere without the CMYK bar?
Nobody has the sphere file so we can modify it?

Cheers
Juan
Antworten