Neue Testversion 18.40b8

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
ono
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b8

Beitrag von ono »

I can see latest beta has Shift+straight line draw draw/erase bug fixed, thank you!

Also I can see b8 now rasterizes vector layer if it uses gradient with semi-transparent color. Any chance to support native PDF semi-transparent gradients as described here:

http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4098
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com | CBCT/PET tomography engineer
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

ono hat geschrieben:Any chance to support native PDF semi-transparent gradients as described here:
PDF doesn't directly support transparent colors and gradients. Instead it hast something similar to PhotoLine's layer intensity (a global transparency value) and a kind of layer mask. So semi-transparent gradients have to be simulated by an opaque gradient with an additional layer mask which is a bit more work.
It will come, but it may last a bit.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just noticed that the rotate view tool made its comeback! Thanks!
The Rotate View tool has always been in the beta versions, but it's still the same.

Martin
ono
Mitglied

Beitrag von ono »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:PDF doesn't directly support transparent colors and gradients. Instead it hast something similar to PhotoLine's layer intensity (a global transparency value) and a kind of layer mask. So semi-transparent gradients have to be simulated by an opaque gradient with an additional layer mask.(…)
Can you explain more, does it mean that layer mask can be vector filled with gradient as well? So there is no bitmap in the PDF at all? If so, that would be great.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:It will come, but it may last a bit.
Thank you!
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com | CBCT/PET tomography engineer
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

ono hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:PDF doesn't directly support transparent colors and gradients. Instead it hast something similar to PhotoLine's layer intensity (a global transparency value) and a kind of layer mask. So semi-transparent gradients have to be simulated by an opaque gradient with an additional layer mask.(…)
Can you explain more, does it mean that layer mask can be vector filled with gradient as well? So there is no bitmap in the PDF at all? If so, that would be great.
Yes, the "layer masks" in PDF can be completely vector based.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Hier noch ein kleiner Bug: wenn ich eine 32 bit-Ebene in einem 8-Bit-Dokument anlege und diese Ebene nicht am Pixelraster ausgerichtet ist, bekomme ich am oberen Rand farbige Artefakte. In der Beispieldatei ist die Ebene nur vertikal schwarz-weiß gestreift, das Ergebnis bei mir sieht so aus:
test.png
Im Pixelmodus sieht man es auch auf dem Bildschirm, ohne Pixelmodus ist die Bildschirmanzeige ok. In der PL 18.02 sind die Artefakte rot statt gelb …
Testdatei im Anhang.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
mwenz
Mitglied

Beitrag von mwenz »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
ono hat geschrieben:Any chance to support native PDF semi-transparent gradients as described here:
PDF doesn't directly support transparent colors and gradients. Instead it hast something similar to PhotoLine's layer intensity (a global transparency value) and a kind of layer mask. So semi-transparent gradients have to be simulated by an opaque gradient with an additional layer mask which is a bit more work.
It will come, but it may last a bit.

Martin
I am probably not understanding you well.

A PDFX-4 with a gradient of color to transparent created in AI that is imported into another application that supports reading it properly (Xara Designer Pro, CorelDraw, PagePlus, DrawPlus) will import it and it will go from color to transparent.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

mwenz hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:PDF doesn't directly support transparent colors and gradients. Instead it has something similar to PhotoLine's layer intensity (a global transparency value) and a kind of layer mask. So semi-transparent gradients have to be simulated by an opaque gradient with an additional layer mask(...)
I am probably not understanding you well.

A PDFX-4 with a gradient of color to transparent created in AI that is imported into another application that supports reading it properly (Xara Designer Pro, CorelDraw, PagePlus, DrawPlus) will import it and it will go from color to transparent.
I don't know which kind of PDF AI creates.
Of course it is possible to read a "transparent" gradient (which is an opaque gradient with some kind of external transparency) correctly. AI might embed additional metadata, or the transparency mask is combined with the gradient after importing.

Martin
mwenz
Mitglied

Beitrag von mwenz »

There is no mask, Martin.

I used AI as an example application. Fact is any application capable of creating a non-flattened PDF (i.e., Live Transparency) can make such a PDF. So InDesign, QuarkXpress, Xara Designer Pro, etc., are all capable. Any application that can create a PDF with live transparency can also read and properly interpret another application's PDF that contains live transparency.

Live Transparency is actually part of the spec beginning with PDF 1.4.

The link is to a GHENT PDF workshop PDF about live transparency.

http://www.gwg.org/wp-content/uploads/a ... 786cbb.pdf
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Bug: Color to Transparency as an adjustment layer crashes PL.

Win7 x64
PL18.40b8 64-bit

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a PNG image (4,000px x 2,680px; 16-bit).
2. Open a second PNG image (same size and bit depth)
3. Copy that second image.
4. Switch to the first image (leaving both images open), and paste the copied image as a layer.
5. (The pasted image is the top layer and is selected.) Add a Color to Transparency adjustment layer. It will come in at the top of the stack.
6. In the dialog for Color to Transparency, move the histogram's right slider to the left.
7. The program crashes and Windows closes it.

From the Windows Event Log (Application):
Faulting application name: PhotoLine64.exe, version: 18.4.0.8, time stamp: 0x530cb0e5
Faulting module name: PhotoLine64.exe, version: 18.4.0.8, time stamp: 0x530cb0e5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000c39c50
Faulting process id: 0xb7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3506de8f71da
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\PhotoLineBeta\PhotoLine64.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Program Files\PhotoLineBeta\PhotoLine64.exe
Report Id: 3013b543-a0fa-11e3-8cf4-00269e7ed4d1
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:Bug: Color to Transparency as an adjustment layer crashes PL.
don't get this problem here.
So some questions:
What's the way you create the adjustment layer?
Do you first close the dialog for the adjustment layer or do you move the right border before you close it?
What are the settings in the "Color to Transparency" function?

Gerhard
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: What's the way you create the adjustment layer?
At the bottom of the Layers panel, I click on the adjustment layer icon and select Color to Transparency from the list of adjustments.
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Do you first close the dialog for the adjustment layer or do you move the right border before you close it?
I move the right slider before closing the dialog.
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:What are the settings in the "Color to Transparency" function?
The defaults.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:Bug: Color to Transparency as an adjustment layer crashes PL.
Additional info:
This does not happen with JPG images, only PNG (8-bit and 16-bit) and TIF (only tested with 8-bit).
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

mwenz hat geschrieben:There is no mask, Martin.
There has to be a mask, because PDF only has two ways of specifying transparency:
- setting a fix transparency value for all following graphics operations via a "ca" or "CA" entry in the ExtGState dictionary
- setting a soft mask for all following graphics operations via an "SMask" entry in the ExtGState dictionary. Additionally image XObjects can have an "SMask", too. But in this case the soft mask has to be an image XObject.

If you have a sample PDF, I will examine it, but I am quite sure, that it contains a soft mask.

Martin
mwenz
Mitglied

Beitrag von mwenz »

Well, like I said, I probably am not understanding.

What I do know are the ramifications of live transparency from a PDF/X-4 file when brought into a different applications. So InDesign, QuarkXpress, AI, XDP, etc., when they bring in a vector illustration that originates in another application that is a PDF/X-4 file, the transparency is then (can be) passed through into the PDF/X-4 PDF for print. All flattening then happens at the RIP, which is the best place for it to occur.

A PhotoLine PDF containing a vector with a gradient going from color to transparent is flattened to an image when the PDF is created. This is not ideal, though the appearance is maintained. However, when such a PDF is brought into the receiving application and resized there can be the associated issues of resizing upwards in size.

A PDF from a vector application that can maintain live transparency of a vector gradient going from color to transparent is not flattened when the PDF is created. This is ideal in a print work-flow. Resizing has no adverse effects.

I cannot create attachments in this forum section. So I have uploaded an AI and PL pdf with roughly the same gradient to my dropbox account.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nmkwfgozr22h7b/pdfs.zip

Take care, Mike