Neue Testversion 18.90b4

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 18.90b4

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 18.90b4.

Windows:
www.pl32.com/beta/pl1890b4.zip

Mac OS X:
www.pl32.com/beta/plx1890b4.zip

Neues:
- Ausschneiden: Jetzt im Kontextmenü
- Vektorpunkte bearbeiten, Kopieren, Ausschneiden: Selektierte Vektorpunkte können nun kopiert und ausgeschnitten werden
- Vektorpunkte bearbeiten, Einfügen als Unterpfad: Vektorebenen auf der Zwischenablage können nun als Unterpfad eingefügt werden
- Kopierpinsel: Quelle kann skaliert/gedreht werden
- Linienstil: Testweise mit variabler Breite

diverse kleinere Fehlerbehebungen und Verbesserungen

Gerhard Huber [Computerinsel GmbH]
support@pl32.de - www.pl32.de
ellhel
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b4

Beitrag von ellhel »

Ausschneiden: Jetzt im Kontextmenü
Genial. Danke dafür........ :wink:

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:- Linienstil: Testweise mit variabler Breite
This sounds very interesting. Where is it?
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The new guide options are terrific: guides can be multiple selected as well, and the "based on selection" is also extremely helpful. Thanks so much.

It now does cry out for a method to hide and show guide sets somehow - perhaps an option to group guides in a "folder" with an added eye icon to hide and show "folders" of guides? With the new guide functionality that would bring it to completion.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Remember last used arrow dimensions

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.90b4 x64

Each time the Line Style Editor dialog is opened to set the width and length values for an arrowhead, the values for both revert to the default "300%". I always want to use a width value of "300%" and a length value of "500%". It would be great if the last used values for the arrowhead were retained when the dialog is opened.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Mi 05 Nov 2014 09:55, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Arrowhead not a solid colour when path is resized

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.90b4 x64

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature request:

If a vector path has an arrowhead set; when the vector path is resized using the Layer tool, the arrowhead is not completely filled in certain circumstances:
arrowhead.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

English translation needed

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.90b4 x64
guides translation.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:- Linienstil: Testweise mit variabler Breite
This sounds very interesting. Where is it?
Wow! I found it --- verrrrryyy sweeeeet!! :mrgreen:

Once I connected my Wacom tablet, I could draw some nice expressive vector lines:
variable line width.jpg
For further testing, we first need a way to specify the style of the variable width:
  • thin to thick (the present style)
  • thick to thin
  • thin to thick to thin
  • thick to thin to thick
  • single width
As it is, it's looking very promising!
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

That is indeed a very welcome addition. I would love to see an option in the anchor point edit dialog to change the variable thickness for that point.

And then an option to attach a (vector/bitmap) brush to the same stroke... :-)
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:That is indeed a very welcome addition. I would love to see an option in the anchor point edit dialog to change the variable thickness for that point.
No, not as part of the anchor points -- the method used by Illustrator is better: separate "width points" which can be moved, and altered, etc., independently of the anchor points.

However, even though I had requested those "width points" a while ago, I think we should wait on that idea. Let's see how the current implementation of variable widths turns out.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And then an option to attach a (vector/bitmap) brush to the same stroke... :-)
It depends on how PL implements the variable widths. If it is essentially stretching a vector shape along the line, then those options would be the next logical step.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:For further testing, we first need a way to specify the style of the variable width:
  • thin to thick (the present style)
  • thick to thin
  • thin to thick to thin
  • thick to thin to thick
  • single width
Now that I've learned how the variable width works, that request is only necessary if a variable width needs to be applied when drawing a vector shape such as an ellipse or a curve created with the Curve Creation tool.

Here's what I've found -- When the Vector Drawing (freehand) tool is used, there are two effects that occur:
  • If each stroke is placed on its own layer, the width of the line matches the pressure of the pen, just like a real pen and ink drawing. This is awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D
  • If each stroke is placed on the same layer, the variable width of each succeeding stroke takes on the characteristics of the first stroke that is drawn, regardless of the pen pressure. This just might save some time when drawing and could be a very cool feature.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Whew! The variable width vector line feature is looking better and better.

Once you establish a variable line style, the pre-built shapes and curves can take on that style:
shapes.png
For the blue curve, I first used the Vector Drawing tool to create a line using a thin-to-thick-to-thin pressure. Then I used the Curve Creation tool on the same layer to create the curved line, which took on the style of the original line. Then I deleted the original line.

Similarly for the red curve, using a thick-to-thin-to-thick pressure.

The green shapes are the ellipse tool, the rectangle tool and the rounded rectangle tool. They were all drawn on the same layer upon which I had first established a thin-to-thick-to-thin line style using the Vector Drawing tool.

This is really exciting!
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Req: Remember last used arrow dimensions

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:Each time the Line Style Editor dialog is opened to set the width and length values for an arrowhead, the values for both revert to the default "300%".
The values don't really revert but are set to the values of the active line style. And every line style has an arrow width and length whether the arrows are visible or not.
photoken hat geschrieben:I always want to use a width value of "300%" and a length value of "500%". It would be great if the last used values for the arrowhead were retained when the dialog is opened.
I will change that, so that the arrow values are only set if they are used.
photoken hat geschrieben:If a vector path has an arrowhead set; when the vector path is resized using the Layer tool, the arrowhead is not completely filled in certain circumstances:
I can't reproduce that, but I changed the orientation of the arrow so that hole should disappear.
photoken hat geschrieben:No, not as part of the anchor points -- the method used by Illustrator is better: separate "width points" which can be moved, and altered, etc., independently of the anchor points.

However, even though I had requested those "width points" a while ago, I think we should wait on that idea. Let's see how the current implementation of variable widths turns out.
Currently the width is controlled by a curve (like in the Curves function).

Martin
kopias
Mitglied

Beitrag von kopias »

Firstly - Great additions in this beta. Thanks

but...
I experience global slowdown while working with canon 7d cr2 raw images compared to v18.52
(even things like changing zoom lvl) anybody could confirm that?

Spec: Win7x64 - i7 8GB RAM - Lenovo Y580
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

kopias hat geschrieben: I experience global slowdown while working with canon 7d cr2 raw images compared to v18.52
(even things like changing zoom lvl) anybody could confirm that?
Just tried a sample file downloaded from dpreview (ISO 100, real world). No noticeable difference between PL 18.52 and the new beta when loading or zooming in/out (OS X 10.9.5/64 bit). I don't see a significant speed difference when flattening the image to a single layer, either. Maybe the problem is Win only.

Cheers

Burkhard.