Neue Testversion 18.90b13

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Juan
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b13

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi again :),

There is a problem with the Hue Editor, the Alt+click on the preview window doesn´t create a control point, this was working on the previous Beta.
Win7 64, PL18.90 B13 64
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

kopias hat geschrieben:"Airbrush" tool goes to its full color now (Thanks),
but there are random jumps with smooth stroke enabled (easiest to see with small brush size).
kopias hat geschrieben:Also there is visible noise pattern (easiest to see with big brush and low intensity),
but maybe its the way its working and not a bug.
With 8-Bit, a low intensity like 1% and the highest possible contrast (painting white on black), there are only 3 different color (1% of 255) values, that can be written to the image. So dithering (the noise pattern you are seeing) is the only option to simulate the gradient of the brush.
kopias hat geschrieben:p.s. Just some observation : When using "Brush" tool with low intensity and large outer radius and small inner radius there is visible banding on gradient(easier to see when you click with that brush in place), so i would suggest some kind brush dither option.
That's the same problem as above.
Is this a real-world problem?

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Überlappend geht es natürlich, ist aber bei 2 gezeichneten Rechtecken auch nicht nötig.
Ist schon merkwürdig – bei deiner Beispieldatei geht es erst nicht. Wenn ich die Ebene ein bisschen nach oben schiebe und dann mit aktivierten Auto-Guides an die untere Ebene andocke, funktioniert's plötzlich. Wenn ich die obere Ebene an den oberen Rand der unteren Ebene ausrichte (mit dem Menübefehl "Vertikal anreihen") funktioniert's auch, untere Ebene am unteren Rand der oberen Ebene (gibt es anscheinend nur in der Beta?) geht nicht. Größe und Koordinaten im Ebenendialog ändern sich bei der Ausrichtung nicht ("Ebene fixieren" ändert auch nichts, dachte erst an einen Rundungsfehler dort.)

L.G.

Burkhard.
kopias
Mitglied

Beitrag von kopias »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: With 8-Bit, a low intensity like 1% and the highest possible contrast (painting white on black), there are only 3 different color (1% of 255) values, that can be written to the image. So dithering (the noise pattern you are seeing) is the only option to simulate the gradient of the brush.
Thx for reminding me of 8 bit limitations (it was rather fast post of mine - my bad) switching to 16 or 32 bit is a good fix. And yes i work with low intensity while painting masks. Once again thanks for Your replay.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

Would be possible to add to Hue/Saturation and Curves to support 32-bit?, right now they clamp the value to 255.

Cheers,
Juan
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bkh hat geschrieben:
Hoogo hat geschrieben:Überlappend geht es natürlich, ist aber bei 2 gezeichneten Rechtecken auch nicht nötig.
Ist schon merkwürdig – bei deiner Beispieldatei geht es erst nicht. Wenn ich die Ebene ein bisschen nach oben schiebe und dann mit aktivierten Auto-Guides an die untere Ebene andocke, funktioniert's plötzlich. Wenn ich die obere Ebene an den oberen Rand der unteren Ebene ausrichte (mit dem Menübefehl "Vertikal anreihen") funktioniert's auch, untere Ebene am unteren Rand der oberen Ebene (gibt es anscheinend nur in der Beta?) geht nicht. Größe und Koordinaten im Ebenendialog ändern sich bei der Ausrichtung nicht ("Ebene fixieren" ändert auch nichts, dachte erst an einen Rundungsfehler dort.)
Grundsätzlich vereinigt "Layout > Vektor > Vereinigung" nur, wenn ein Überschneidung vorliegt. Mit anderen anderen Worten: Tangenten werden nicht vereinigt.

Ansonsten gibt es bei diesen Vektor-Bool-Funktionen eine Menge Genauigkeitsprobleme, die wahrscheinlich daher kommen, dass Vektorebenen intern nur mit 32-Bit-Floats arbeiten. Ich hatte auch schon Fälle, bei denen 2 Punkte aufeinander liegen sollten, aber trotzdem minimalste Unterschiede hatten (weit jenseits der Genauigkeit der Anzeige in der Oberfläche). Wie die entstanden sind, weiß ich nicht.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Juan hat geschrieben:There is a problem with the Hue Editor, the Alt+click on the preview window doesn´t create a control point, this was working on the previous Beta.
I will fix that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Juan hat geschrieben:right now they clamp the value to 255.
Both functions work internally in the range [0;1]. 255 is an 8-bit value and neither of those two functions is restricted to 8 bit.
Juan hat geschrieben:Would be possible to add to Hue/Saturation and Curves to support 32-bit?
Hue/Saturation works internally in HIS mode and the conversion HIS<->RGB gives strange results for values outside [0;1].
Curves uses curves to control the data, and the curves are only defined in the range [0;1].
So both functions have an inherent restriction to [0;1].

Instead of Hue/Saturation you could use the Hue Editor in HSV mode. The HSV<->RGB-conversion is more reliable outside [0;1], though it results may differ from Hue/Saturation.

Martin
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:Hue/Saturation works internally in HIS mode and the conversion HIS<->RGB gives strange results for values outside [0;1].
Curves uses curves to control the data, and the curves are only defined in the range [0;1].
So both functions have an inherent restriction to [0;1].
Hmmm I see.
Do you think that there could be an alternative for it?, since curves are essential for postproduction.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:Instead of Hue/Saturation you could use the Hue Editor in HSV mode. The HSV<->RGB-conversion is more reliable outside [0;1], though it results may differ from Hue/Saturation.
Yes, this is the method that I use, the only drawback to me is that there is no "working range" defined when selecting an specific color on Hue Editor like in Hue/Saturation were when you click on a color it gives you a working color range that you can modify.
This working color range could be somehow implemented into Hue Editor?

Maybe this is a pain, but is there a way to know what adjustments work on extended range? maybe adding a small note on the help with the listed adjustment layers is enough.

Cheers,
Juan
photoken
Mitglied

Bug: Control points visible for hidden vector layer

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.90b13 x64

This seems to be a recurrence of a previously fixed bug.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a new image.
  2. Use the Curve Creation tool to create a vector shape on its own layer.
  3. Hide that vector layer, but keep the layer selected.
  4. Choose any of these vector tools:
    • Curve Creation
    • Create Line
    • Edit Vector Points
    • Insert Vector Points
    • Delete Vector Points
    • Cut Vector Path
    • Connect Vector Paths
    • Convert Vector Points
Result:
The control points for the vector shape become visible, and can be edited:
hidden vector layer ss.png
hidden vector layer ss.png (29.02 KiB) 1937 mal betrachtet
Expected result:
The control points should be hidden.

Here's the sample PLD file:
control points on hidden vector layer.pld
(1.9 KiB) 60-mal heruntergeladen
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Was this really fixed in past?
You're right, it's looking a bit strange, but on the other hand invisible does not mean deactivated and I found this behaviour really helpfully from time to time, when I wanted to correct the flow round of a text around an invisble vector shape.

Edit: Yes, you're right: it doesn't happen in the stable version.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:Was this really fixed in past?
You're right, it's looking a bit strange, but on the other hand invisible does not mean deactivated and I found this behaviour really helpfully from time to time, when I wanted to correct the flow round of a text around an invisble vector shape.

Edit: Yes, you're right: it doesn't happen in the stable version.
Yeah, I reported it in 18.40b14:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... yer#p30569
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Yes, absolutely. :-)
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

Re: Bug: Control points visible for hidden vector layer

Beitrag von Martin Stricker »

photoken hat geschrieben: This seems to be a recurrence of a previously fixed bug.
I'm not sure, but this may have been changed for my sake. In the past you could generate a vector layer with a gradient fill and pick up colors from the under lying layers by hiding the active layer. This feature was suddenly removed. I'm using this feature almost on a daily basis for retouching purposes. So I'was asking Gerhard if this could be repaired. :mrgreen:

I'm using PL for many years and hope this feature won't be removed, because it is one of the things I'cant do with any other application I'know.

Sadly the new selection behaviour is another change that hold me back from working. I'm currently take a deeper look into PS. That's really sad for me, because I'm using PL for many years. :cry:

Martin
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

Das Problem mit dem Arbeitsebenen Dialog tritt noch reproduzierbar auf:
Ist dieser Dialog anzeigt, bekommt er beim Anklicken einer Ebene den Fokus (Titel wird dunkel) und nimmt damit den Fokus dem Hauptfenster weg - mit der bekannten Folgen, dass ein Verschieben der Ebene mittels Pfeiltasten nicht möglich ist.

Ich habe nun auch den Grund: Ich hatte eine Voreinstellung "LEER" für die Arbeitsebenen angelegt um schnell alle Einstellungen löschen zu können. Dieser Eintrag wird aktiviert wenn ich auf eine Ebene klicke und dies setzt anscheinend den Fokus.

Die Hilfe ist bzgl der Platzhalter Funktion ist etwas spärlich. Ich schlage diese Ergänzung vor:

Platzhalter-Ebenen haben keinen eigenen Inhalt, sondern stellen den Inhalt einer externen Datei dar. Sie können diese Funktion benutzen, um ein Dokument zu erstellen, welches immer die aktuelle Version eines externen Bildes, z.b. JPEGs an einer bestimmten Position anzeigt. Diese Funktion ist auch nützlich um die Dateigrösse der PLD zu verringern, besonders wenn Sie ein Dokument mit vielen Seiten z.b. ein Fotobuch erstellen.

Obwohl die Platzhalterebenen das angezeigte Bild direkt nicht ändern, ist es dennoch möglich diverse Anpassungen vorzunehmen. So kann der Bereich frei gewählt werden, der angezeigt werden soll. Dafür wählen Sie im Ebenendialog für die Ebene des Platzhalters in der Zeile "Datei" den Modus "Beschnitt". Photoline wird eine neue Gruppe um de Platzhalter erstellen indem das Bild als unterste Ebene steht mit einer Beschnitt Ebene darüber. Sie können die Bildebene selektieren, verschieben, drehen und vergrößern.

Möchten Sie ein Bild anpassen, z.b. die Helligkeit oder den Kontrast verändern, dann ist diese auch möglich. Sie können zwar nicht direkt das Menü Werkzeug/Gradation für eine Platzhalterebene aufrufen, jedoch können Sie jeden Typ von Arbeitsebene über Ebene/Neue Arbeitsebene erstellen, während ein Platzhalter ausgewählt ist. Die Arbeitsebene wird nur die Darstellung des geladenen Bildes verändern, nicht das Bild selber.
Zuletzt geändert von JulianZI am So 26 Apr 2015 10:27, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Antworten