Don't understand:Why Drag to move related to transparency

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
jw2004
Mitglied

Don't understand:Why Drag to move related to transparency

Beitrag von jw2004 »

Im PL, if we want to drag and move a layer, you should click the layer's non transparent area and drag the layer.
the mouse cursor will not change to move if you click a transparent area, it's not like the behaviar of almost all the other software.
In PS, the cursor change to move when mouse point is in the range of a object.
PL19 x64 win7 64
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Don't understand:Why Drag to move related to transparency

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Do you use the latest official version, or do you use the latest beta?
In the beta, the behavior is just as you desire.
I'd have to check the latest official version, but if I remember correctly, you could click and drag anywhere in the layer to move it, transparency didn't matter.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

I use PL 18.90B12 x64 in Win7 64
Below has two capture picture, the first picture, I move the mouse to non transparent area, the second I move the mouse to transpaent area.
2015-04-14_13h45_19.png
2015-04-14_13h45_19.png (88.35 KiB) 1598 mal betrachtet
2015-04-14_13h45_26.png
2015-04-14_13h45_26.png (87.5 KiB) 1598 mal betrachtet
PL19 x64 win7 64
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

It's a new behavior, I'm not too sure about it. But I like it so far.

-Single click: Selects the layer of the pixel that is visible at that point. Nothing happens if there is full transparency there.
-Click and drag: Select and move. If you click on a fully transparent pixel, then you start a frame to select multiple layers.

EDIT:
Saw your screenshots now.
Seems the cursor shows what click & drag would do. If you get the move arrow, you will move. If you get the simple arrow, then you will select multiple layers.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

Drag and move related to transparency may be the PL's special behaviar, but it's not a good behaviar for me,

when my document include many layer, with complex transparency relation, then I can hardly drag the correct layer, because the operation is determined by the all the layer's transparency, It's very easy to misoperation.

I think the Photoshop is right, I drag the selected object and move, no matter it's content's transparency. it's simple and no misoperation.
PL19 x64 win7 64
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

That's not true. In Photoshop you have the automatic selection option, which works exactly as PhotoLine's "new" behaviour but without the useful function of getting the next layer at the point by just clicking a second time.
There was a lot of discussion in the past and the new way has been wished a lot. A two options solution was disclined by the developers.
I agree with you, that for picture editing the old way is sometimes more comfortable, but since PhotoLine does also illustration and desktop publishing the new way is the better compromise.
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

I agree PL's select behavior.

But I'm talking about the dragging by mouse:
I select a layer (click in layer list or click in picture), then there's no way to move the layer by mouse, because the mouse point don't change to move point anywhere in the layer's frame. It's really inconvenient for me.

sometimes the upper layer is semi transparent and overlay the below layer, then you can see the below layer and select below layer, but you can't move the below layer by mouse.
PL19 x64 win7 64
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

jw2004 hat geschrieben:I agree PL's select behavior.

But I'm talking about the dragging by mouse:
I select a layer (click in layer list or click in picture), then there's no way to move the layer by mouse, because the mouse point don't change to move point anywhere in the layer's frame. It's really inconvenient for me.
I don't get your problem:
You can't select a layer below a semi transparent layer for moving with mouse with one click (neither in the layers panel nor in the document window). The only way to get this is to click on the point, where you want to drag the desired layer (just a single click, no move, raise your finger and wait a moment: the next layer will be selected :-)) and do it again and again until the target layer is selected and then you can drag and move it as long as you don't change the selection conditions in any way.
jw2004 hat geschrieben:sometimes the upper layer is semi transparent and overlay the below layer, then you can see the below layer and select below layer, but you can't move the below layer by mouse.
If you have selected the lower layer in the layer panel you are right. Otherweise it works for me. (See above)

P.S.: But there seems to be a missbehaviour for the deepest layer: it can't be moved the way I described, somehow. So if you try, use at least three layers for example. You shouldn't have problems with the middle layer(s).
I will report this.
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

There a simple test file, I can't move the circle layer with mouse.

It seems than if the layer is a simple layer without any adjustment layer or mask, Alt + click works, else you can't move the layer with mouse.
cantmove.pld
(17.12 KiB) 65-mal heruntergeladen
2015-04-26_11h21_19.png
2015-04-26_11h21_19.png (115.66 KiB) 1548 mal betrachtet
PL19 x64 win7 64
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

FWIW, I found a way to move that circle layer:
  1. Select the circle layer in the layer panel, right-click and choose "Group Marked Layers":
    grouped layer.png
    grouped layer.png (28.38 KiB) 1543 mal betrachtet
  2. In the settings panel for the Move tool, enable the "Deep Selection" mode.
When the circle layer group is activated by clicking on the parent layer, the Move tool's cursor will change to a "move" icon in the main editing window and you can move the layer group.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

photoken hat geschrieben:FWIW, I found a way to move that circle layer:
  1. Select the circle layer in the layer panel, right-click and choose "Group Marked Layers":
    grouped layer.png
  2. In the settings panel for the Move tool, enable the "Deep Selection" mode.
When the circle layer group is activated by clicking on the parent layer, the Move tool's cursor will change to a "move" icon in the main editing window and you can move the layer group.

It's too complex, so PL must support the simplest way to move layer just like Photoshop and Coreldraw and etc.

btw: group operation could generate some implicate affect. eg: make the document type convert from picture mode to document mode automatic.
PL19 x64 win7 64
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

jw2004 hat geschrieben: It's too complex, so PL must support the simplest way to move layer just like Photoshop and Coreldraw and etc.
It also works well. The developers will have to comment on why this is so....

Not saying that there might not be a better way, but you need to stop treating Photoshop and Illustrator and CorelDraw as if they were the ultimate standards for everything -- sometimes the functionality of PL means that the simplest way of doing something is not a matter of "must" do it that way.
jw2004 hat geschrieben:btw: group operation could generate some implicate affect. eg: make the document type convert from picture mode to document mode automatic.
I don't think so.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hi,

no Problem here. I just hold the left Mousebutton down and use the "down arrow" key three times.
Now i click again and move the circle layer. (PL Help 6.2.1 "the layer tool")

regards
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

Beitrag von Martin Stricker »

ellhel hat geschrieben: no Problem here. I just hold the left Mousebutton down and use the "down arrow" key three times.
Now i click again and move the circle layer. (PL Help 6.2.1 "the layer tool")
Looks nice, but if you have lots of layers it's unpractical.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

jw2004 hat geschrieben:There a simple test file, I can't move the circle layer with mouse.

It seems than if the layer is a simple layer without any adjustment layer or mask, Alt + click works, else you can't move the layer with mouse.
Doens't have to do with the layer mask – this is similar to http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 060#p34060 – currently PL doesn't handle the lowest visible layer correctly. Put another layer underneath, and dragging will work as expected. Unfortunately, this still hasn't been fixed in PL b13.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Zuletzt geändert von bkh am Mo 27 Apr 2015 14:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten