Neue Testversion 19.00rc2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Paul
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.00rc2

Beitrag von Paul »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Paul hat geschrieben:Hi, setting guides and confirming with [Enter] or [Return] does not seem to work here. The dialog just closes. Clicking on OK works fine.
If you mean the Create Guides dialog:
guides.png
it works fine here on Win7 x64 SP1 with PL 19.00rc2 x64. Hitting Enter closes the dialog with the created guides staying on the image. Also, hitting Esc closes this dialog without creating the guides on the image.

OK, thanks, I didn't see that 'Guides for Margins' had to be checked. Why is that?
- Paul
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Paul hat geschrieben:OK, thanks, I didn't see that 'Guides for Margins' had to be checked. Why is that?
It's not checked in my screenshot....
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:Wenn du aber im Dialog-Verlaufseditor bei zwei aufeinanderliegenden Farben versehentlich den Verlaufsregler verschiebst, dann landet er am Rand des Bereichs.
Das wird's wohl gewesen sein, ansonsten kann ich den Effekt jetzt auch nicht reproduzieren.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

(1)
when I place a complex pld file (such as a complex vector file converted from a photo) in a new file with a placeholder layer, Photoline will start introducing short spells of unresponsive behaviour.

I assume this is caused by Photoline when it checks whether any changes were made to the original file. An option to turn this file checking off would be much appreciated, because it is quite frustrating. Perhaps introduce a manual update option in the placeholder layer properties?

In addition,

(2) complex groups of layers slow down Photoline a lot - to the point that basic operations such as painting in a layer mask become impossibly slow and unusable. This is understandable, since Photoline allows the user to add complex layer behaviours that would tax even the fastest CPU.

Having said that, files are becoming more complex, and It would be brilliant if a "cached" option in the layer group layer properties would be made available that effectively turns the contents of a layer group into a static cached bitmap. Access to the inner content of such a layer group would then be denied to the user and automatically the layer group would be closed, up till that time when the "cached" option is deactivated.

Performance of Photoline would be restored to a "normal" workable level with the inclusion of such a feature.

This solution is quite similar to how nodal based compositing applications solve these type of performance problems: the user can decide to cache part(s) of the node tree to prevent the entire things to be updated all the time, and uses cached bitmap versions instead.

In Photoshop these issues are solved with smart objects, which are effectively cached static bitmap versions of their layered content as well. Seeing how Photoline has evolved into a powerful beast, amending the layer stack with a "cached" option for layer groups has become absolutely essential (in my opinion).

I often hit the limit of what my machine can handle, and Photoline becomes very laggy and unresponsive while editing. Currenly I solve this by creating a new file, and importing the slow pld file into the new file with the placeholder layer. But it is rather inconvenient, and even then I may experience issue (1)

What do you think?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: amending the layer stack with a "cached" option for layer groups has become absolutely essential (in my opinion).
Have you tried Martin's suggestion (from another discussion) of setting the group as "isolated" (which is then cached)?
Ken
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Ich klappe in der Galerie alle Verzeichnisse mit Effekten auf. Nach einem Neutsart sind dann wieder alle Verzeichnisbäume geschlossen.
Es wäre schön wenn sich PL den Zustand beim verlassen merken würde. Damit spart man sich das "gehangele" zu den Lieblingseffekten.
Hoffe das ist machbar. :wink:

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:(1)
when I place a complex pld file (such as a complex vector file converted from a photo) in a new file with a placeholder layer, Photoline will start introducing short spells of unresponsive behaviour.
I can't reproduce that problem here on Mac OS. I created a placeholder from a PLD file which renders very slowly (about 30 seconds), but there is no unresponsive behavior.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I assume this is caused by Photoline when it checks whether any changes were made to the original file.
PhotoLine just checks the file date and the file length. This shouldn't take a noticeable amount of time.
Where is the placeholder file located (on a local drive, network drive, USB drive, ...)?

Martin
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Könnte man bei aktiven "Ansicht drehen"-Werkzeug ein schnelles drehen in 45 Grad-Schritten mit den Pfeiltasten der Tastatur erlauben.
  • Pfeil rechts=drehen im Uhzeigersinn
    Pfeil links=drehen im Gegenuhrzeigersinn
    Pfeil runter=180 Grad drehen (also mal schnell auf den Kopf stellen)
    Pfeil hoch= Standardansicht
Ist in meinem CAD-Programm Standard und ungemein praktisch.

LG
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:(1)
I can't reproduce that problem here on Mac OS. I created a placeholder from a PLD file which renders very slowly (about 30 seconds), but there is no unresponsive behavior.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I assume this is caused by Photoline when it checks whether any changes were made to the original file.
PhotoLine just checks the file date and the file length. This shouldn't take a noticeable amount of time.
Where is the placeholder file located (on a local drive, network drive, USB drive, ...)?

Martin
More info (extreme example):
- open a photo (not too big!, I tried one at 400x795)
- convert that layer to vector (high quality)
- turn on isolated drawing

Add a new layer, and start drawing. Notice lags and breaks in operation. If the group is completely cached, then why all the breaks in operation? The same breaks will occur when I place the same file in a new file.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

ellhel hat geschrieben:Könnte man bei aktiven "Ansicht drehen"-Werkzeug ein schnelles drehen in 45 Grad-Schritten mit den Pfeiltasten der Tastatur erlauben.
No, it's much more practical here for the arrow keys to scroll through an image, not rotate the image (which is a rarely used function).
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Add a new layer, and start drawing. Notice lags and breaks in operation. If the group is completely cached, then why all the breaks in operation? The same breaks will occur when I place the same file in a new file.
I get some interruptions initially, but then painting works smoothly here on OS X, regardless if the layer is above or below the isolated group. It's a bit surprising, though, that changing the layer mode or the layer transparency of the isolated groups is slow. Maybe my photo was too small (I only used 1500x1000px).

Cheers

Burkhard.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

ellhel hat geschrieben:Könnte man bei aktiven "Ansicht drehen"-Werkzeug ein schnelles drehen in 45 Grad-Schritten mit den Pfeiltasten der Tastatur erlauben.
No, it's much more practical here for the arrow keys to scroll through an image, not rotate the image (which is a rarely used function).
"Alt"+Arrow-Keys
George Bernard Shaw
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

ellhel hat geschrieben: "Alt"+Arrow-Keys
Ooops! My apologies if I missed that in your original message. :oops: Web translation services still aren't very good.... :(
Ken
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

No, you don't miss anything. It´s an alternative.

Regards
Helmut
George Bernard Shaw
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Maybe Alt-cursor keys could be used to rotate the view (with larger 45 deg. steps when Cmd/Ctrl is pressed). This would be similar to the layer and crop tool. (Btw., why does Cmd-arrow rotate a layer by 40 degs, not 45 degs?) Cursor control might also be useful for the "Rotate (layer)" tool.

Cheers

Burkhard.