Neue Testversion 19.40b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
bkh
Betatester

Re: Scrollproblem unter OS X 10.10.4/Scrolling problem on OS X 10.10.4

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Hat ein Mac User hier noch 10.10.3 und kann das ausprobieren?
Ich habe noch ein Laptop mit OS X 10.10.3, dort kann ich's im Prinzip probieren. Allerdings sind bei mir die Redraw-Probleme auch unter 10.10.4 bisher nicht aufgetaucht. Wann treten sie gehäuft auf? Komplizierte/große PL-Dokumente? Hohe CPU-Auslastung mit Hintergrundprozessen? Nur mit Scrollbalken, oder auch beim Scrollen mit der Maus oder Hand-Werkzeug?

L.G.

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Scrollproblem unter OS X 10.10.4/Scrolling problem on OS X 10.10.4

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Hat ein Mac User hier noch 10.10.3 und kann das ausprobieren?
Ich habe noch ein Laptop mit OS X 10.10.3, dort kann ich's im Prinzip probieren. Allerdings sind bei mir die Redraw-Probleme auch unter 10.10.4 bisher nicht aufgetaucht. Wann treten sie gehäuft auf?
Da braucht man wirklich nichts besonderes. Die Testdatei von ono war ein normales 8-Bit-RGB-Bild (siehe sein obiger Beitrag). Ich habe mit der Magic Mouse langsam vertikal gescrollt, und da ist der Fehler mit 10.10.4 recht beständig aufgetreten. ono hat scheinbar horizontal gescrollt.

Martin

Nachtrag: Das Problem scheint mit den Scrollbalken nicht zu passieren.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b2

ono hat geschrieben:I just wrote Gerhard about this problem, and now I see it there.
Yes, your mail was the reason for my post.
And I "fixed" the scrolling problems in 10.10.4 here by removing the fix for the scrolling problems in 10.10.3.
ono hat geschrieben:However I think the problem was already in 10.10.3. Since I've upgraded to 10.10.4 yesterday, but I noticed this problem couple of days before that.

What's more interesting it seem like like a low level glitch since, doing whole screen screenshot captures image which looks OK (no tears), so I had to make a photo of my screen to show this problem.
My tests also seem to indicate, that the internal OS window cache is correct and "only" the on-screen representation is corrupt. So I thought, that maybe Apple introduced a bug in 10.10.2/3, that was fixed in 10.10.4.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Prob: PL becomes "unresponsive" with this file

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 19.40b2 x64

When working on this file, PL intermittently seizes and is "Not Responding". This can occur when selecting a different layer, or accessing the control points with the Distort tool, or modifying the gradient control points with the Edit Vector Points tool, etc.

The image is a variation of my sample "Comet" image:
comet 01.pld
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Re: Prob: PL becomes "unresponsive" with this file

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win7 x64 SP1
PL 19.40b2 x64

When working on this file, PL intermittently seizes and is "Not Responding". This can occur when selecting a different layer, or accessing the control points with the Distort tool, or modifying the gradient control points with the Edit Vector Points tool, etc.
Same (or worse) on OS X – whatever I toch, PL becomes unresponsive for several, sometimes tens of seconds. Deleting the Gaussian blur layer helps (switching it off seems not enough).

Cheers

Burkhard.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

PL 19.40b2 x64

comet 01.pld
I guess, the problem is the workload of the blur filters. I had this behaviour in some of my documents, too. If you disable the gaussian blur everything should work fine.
Perhaps there is a possibility to make the preview faster (but of course less detailed)?

P.S.: Oh, Burkhard was faster. :-) For me it helps, just to make the gaussian blur invisible. (Difference on Windows and Mac?)
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

PL 19.40b2 x64

comet 01.pld
That layer you are blurring is 4528x45202px big! No wonder there is a slowdown - any other application with non-destructive gaussian blurring would slow down in a similar fashion.

Here is a trick to speed things up, though: create a virtual copy of the original, then hide the original. Slow downs are reduced to a minimum (switching between anti-aliased and non-aliased still needs a recalculation). I can have many comet trails, and no real slowdown.

Btw, why the stupendously large layer? The same effect can be easily created at a much lower res.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: That layer you are blurring is 4528x45202px big!
WTF?? Whoa! I didn't see that.
The overall size of the image is 640px x 480px, and the ellipse layer is 383px x 52px.

Something is very wrong with the Distort tool -- if Distort is disabled in the layer properties, the layer size is 383px x 52px; but when Distort is enabled, the layer size becomes that 4,528px x 45,202.3px and its position becomes -1,401.4px x -28,547.3px!!??!! :shock: :?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Btw, why the stupendously large layer?
Damfino....:? All I did was to use the Distort tool on the ellipse layer and drag the Distort controls to pull out the comet tail shape.

Added:
OK, I found the problem -- it's when using the Distort tool: if one of the Distort control points is dragged out of the image area, the size of the layer being worked on gets changed to those bizarrely large values. :( I'll open a separate problem report on this.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Prob: Distort tool violently increases layer size

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 19.40b2 x64

If one of the Distort tool control points is dragged out of the overall image area, the layer being worked on has its dimensions increased to huge values of over 45,000px.

Steps to reproduce
  1. Create a new 640px x 480px image.
  2. Use the Ellipse tool to create a new ellipse on its own layer.
  3. With that ellipse layer selected, choose the Distort tool, and drag the lower left control point slightly below the area of the image.
Result
The size of the ellipse layer when the Distort effect is enabled becomes over 45,000px wide. When the Distort effect is disabled, the size of the ellipse layer reverts to its original size.

Expected result
The overall size of the ellipse layer should remain constant.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Distort tool violently increases layer size

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

PL 19.40b2 x64

If one of the Distort tool control points is dragged out of the overall image area, the layer being worked on has its dimensions increased to huge values of over 45,000px.

Steps to reproduce
  3. With that ellipse layer selected, choose the Distort tool, and drag the lower left control point slightly below the area of the image.
Result
The size of the ellipse layer when the Distort effect is enabled becomes over 45,000px wide. When the Distort effect is disabled, the size of the ellipse layer reverts to its original size.

Expected result
The overall size of the ellipse layer should remain constant.
Strangely enough, it works as expected for me. No issues here with either the mouse or Wacom tablet. Might this be related to your trackpad?

*EDIT* I also recreated your comet trail, and it worked fine for me. However, your file responds in a weird way indeed.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
Strangely enough, it works as expected for me. No issues here with either the mouse or Wacom tablet. Might this be related to your trackpad?

*EDIT* I also recreated your comet trail, and it worked fine for me. However, your file responds in a weird way indeed.
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with this anymore. :?

Before I filed this problem report, the steps I listed produced the problem every time (with new images each time). Then I shut down the computer for a few hours, and when I tried to duplicate the problem I couldn't. Then, by chance, I disabled and re-enabled the Distort effect for the layer and the layer size immediately increased to a bizarrely large value, as described. OK, I thought, that must be what's causing the problem, but now I can't duplicate that behavior, either. :cry:
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I am working on a lot of vector files right now, and again one thing is quite frustrating: the zoom factor is limited to 6400%. The files I work with are about 2000px by 800px, and the objects are nicely sized - however, there are very small elements that are almost impossible to select in the view, because PL cannot zoom in beyond 6400%.

Please increase the max zoom to 25000% - something Xara and Illustrator now support as well.
photoken
Mitglied

English text for gradient options

Beitrag von photoken »

The context menu for a gradient looks like this:
gradient options.png
and the last two items are confusing (in the English translation) -- it's not obvious how they differ.

The circled item would be better described as "Repeat Mirrored". The bottom item would be better described as "Reverse Gradient".
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Re: English text for gradient options

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:The circled item would be better described as "Repeat Mirrored". The bottom item would be better described as "Reverse Gradient".
Good point. Btw., PL's circular gradient seems to be called "radial" in Illustrator, CSS3 and SVG. (Seems that these programs don't have the other two "radial" types of gradients, maybe "tangential/tangential mirrored" would be a better name for them.)

Btw., any chance to get "Mirror Gradient" to work in HIS mode (i.e., reverse the hue direction as well)? "Mirror" already reverses the hue direction.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

photoken hat geschrieben:Steps to reproduce
You missed the important part:
Add an adjustment layer to the ellipse layer, that is much larger than the ellipse layer.

By adding the adjustment layer to the ellipse layer the adjustment layer will be distorted, too. And because the adjustment layer is larger than the vector layer, its distortion has to be extrapolated. With a strong distortion the resulting adjustment layer may become very large.

I will fix that by enlarging the distortion mesh to include the adjustment layer after adding it. This way you will see, that you are distorting the adjustment layer, too, which is not what you usually want.

Martin