Neue Testversion 19.40b3

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b3

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I use InkScape and other external applications in combination with Photoline's External Programs filter command. This is truly useful, but it is marred by one thing: when I save the changes in the external application, the link is not kept 'live', so I have to continuously use the external program option again and again to make have the changes update. With InkScape this becomes rather cumbersome, for example.

My request: would it be possible at all to include an option to keep the link "live" until the user is finished editing externally?

In addition, SVG as a supported exchange file format would be great.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Kudos and thanks for:
- the increased max zoom-in factor of 25600%! It is already proving very helpful when I deal with detailed vector graphics. :D
- the pixel snapping - I can actually design and work on a pixel level now! Suddenly PL is viable for GUI and screen design work. :P
- the highlighted ruler when moving stuff, and other ruler improvements
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I might be opening a can of worms here: Photoline does write multi-layered Tiff files, and opens multi-layered Tiff files which are saved by Photoline correctly.

However, I found that Photoshop CS6 cannot open those files correctly, and only displays the background layer. The other layers are lost.

Conversely, multi-layered files saved in Photoshop are opened in Photoline as a flattened file. The layers are lost during import.

An odd situation.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

ich kann einen Absturz provozieren.
Vorraussetzung: Die dunkle Oberfläche ist zuvor deaktiviert.

1. Ich starte PL, öffne aber kein Bild/Dokument
2. Begebe mich in die Einstellungen---Wähle "Anzeige/Oberfläche"
3. Dort klicke ich auf "dunkle Oberfläche aktivieren"
4. Habe dann mal den Wert "88" eingestellt und klicke auf "übernehmen"

In dem Moment schmiert PL ab.

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I might be opening a can of worms here: Photoline does write multi-layered Tiff files, and opens multi-layered Tiff files which are saved by Photoline correctly.
However, I found that Photoshop CS6 cannot open those files correctly, and only displays the background layer. The other layers are lost.
Conversely, multi-layered files saved in Photoshop are opened in Photoline as a flattened file. The layers are lost during import.
TIFF is able to store many pictures in one container. PhotoLine uses this way to load and save multi layer images.
Photoshop doesn't do this, they embed a full PSD in a tag inside the TIFF.
PhotoLine can read this tag and get the layers, but we don't save such non standard files.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

ellhel hat geschrieben: ich kann einen Absturz provozieren.
Vorraussetzung: Die dunkle Oberfläche ist zuvor deaktiviert.
1. Ich starte PL, öffne aber kein Bild/Dokument
2. Begebe mich in die Einstellungen---Wähle "Anzeige/Oberfläche"
3. Dort klicke ich auf "dunkle Oberfläche aktivieren"
4. Habe dann mal den Wert "88" eingestellt und klicke auf "übernehmen"
In dem Moment schmiert PL ab.
ich kann das hier nachvollziehen und werde mir das ansehen.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

ich habe den Dialog "Arbeitsebene" geöffnet und verändere mit einer Arbeitsebene "Farbton/Sättigung" mein Bild.
Wenn ich mit der Pipette einen Farbton aus dem Bild aufnehme (es entsteht dann z.Bsp eine Farbwert "Rot2") und dann anschließend über die Titelleiste des Arbeitsebenen-Dialogs die Werte von "Farbton/Sättigung" zurücksetzen möchte, aktualisiert sich das Fenster im Arbeitsebenendialog erst nach einem aktivieren einer anderen Arbeitsebene und dem erneuten Aufruf von "Farbton/Sättigung".
Sollte das rücksetzen nicht direkt zu sehen sein?

Liebe Grüße
Helmut

Edit: Habe gerade bemerkt, das beim arbeiten mit der Pipette (Farbton/Sättigung) aus "rot" anschließend "blau2" wird. Oder so was in der Art. Jedenfalls verschwindet der Eintrag "Rot" komplett aus der Liste.
Rot ist weg.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Modifying adjustment layer mask scales distorted vector object

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:OK, so we can say that the new method of working must be that if a layer has a Distortion effect, do not create an adjustment layer as a child of that layer. Instead, create the adjustment layer as a separate layer and group it with the distorted layer. Is that correct?
There's really no new way of working. The "new" behavior is consistent with the behavior of groups in this situation.

And whether you are creating the adjustment layer as child or as a separate layer depends on your needs. If you are creating an artwork, that needs the adjustment layer to be distorted along with its parent, then it should be a child. But usually it is more efficient to put the distorted layer side-by-side to the adjustment layer, because this way the adjustment layer doesn't have to be distorted.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Modifying adjustment layer mask scales distorted vector object

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: There's really no new way of working. The "new" behavior is consistent with the behavior of groups in this situation.
Point taken. It's just new to me because I now realize that I've been guilty of misinterpreting the view in the layer panel and operating under a misconception. :oops:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:But usually it is more efficient to put the distorted layer side-by-side to the adjustment layer, because this way the adjustment layer doesn't have to be distorted.
Sounds good. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a situation where one would need to have the adjustment layer distorted, but it seems like a good idea to have the two options.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I use InkScape
Just out of interest: what do you do in Inkscape, that PhotoLine can't do?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:and other external applications in combination with Photoline's External Programs filter command. This is truly useful, but it is marred by one thing: when I save the changes in the external application, the link is not kept 'live', so I have to continuously use the external program option again and again to make have the changes update. With InkScape this becomes rather cumbersome, for example.

My request: would it be possible at all to include an option to keep the link "live" until the user is finished editing externally?
Many things are possible, but I can't estimate the demand for this option. And options, that most people don't need, are disadvantageous.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

ellhel hat geschrieben:ich habe den Dialog "Arbeitsebene" geöffnet und verändere mit einer Arbeitsebene "Farbton/Sättigung" mein Bild.
Wenn ich mit der Pipette einen Farbton aus dem Bild aufnehme (es entsteht dann z.Bsp eine Farbwert "Rot2") und dann anschließend über die Titelleiste des Arbeitsebenen-Dialogs die Werte von "Farbton/Sättigung" zurücksetzen möchte, aktualisiert sich das Fenster im Arbeitsebenendialog erst nach einem aktivieren einer anderen Arbeitsebene und dem erneuten Aufruf von "Farbton/Sättigung".
Sollte das rücksetzen nicht direkt zu sehen sein?
Ich kann das hier unter OS X nicht nachvollziehen. Ein Windows-Problem?
ellhel hat geschrieben:Edit: Habe gerade bemerkt, das beim arbeiten mit der Pipette (Farbton/Sättigung) aus "rot" anschließend "blau2" wird. Oder so was in der Art. Jedenfalls verschwindet der Eintrag "Rot" komplett aus der Liste.
Rot ist weg.jpg
Ja, das ist das normale Verhalten. Die Einträge in der Aufklappliste sind vordefinierte Farbbereiche, die du durch die Palette (oder den Farbbalken) änderst.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:This is truly useful, but it is marred by one thing: when I save the changes in the external application, the link is not kept 'live', so I have to continuously use the external program option again and again to make have the changes update. With InkScape this becomes rather cumbersome, for example.

Many things are possible, but I can't estimate the demand for this option. And options, that most people don't need, are disadvantageous.
I think that I made a similar request as Herbert's a while ago (or maybe I just wanted to). In any case, I'm in the habit of saving my work every couple of minutes, and once I do, subsequent changes are "lost" (or at least cumbersome to recover). Besides, being able to save an intermediate state would enable one to preview the results in PL.

The only problem I can see is that at present, you can still edit layers in PL which are also open in an external editor, and the changes in PL are lost once the layer is saved by the external program and reloaded in PL (but at least you can undo the external edit!).

Cheers

Burkhard.

P.S. Probably, I'd not even make this an option but normal behaviour.
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

Beitrag von Martin Stricker »

Unter MacOS 10.9.5 ist es mir nicht möglich in der Bildübersicht auf das Systemverzeichnis zuzugreifen. Die Festplatte wird angezeigt doch sobald ich auf den Pfeil neben dem Verzeichnis klicke verschwindet dieser und der Inhalt wird nicht angezeigt.

Nachstehend ein Screenshot.
System.tiff
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I use InkScape
Just out of interest: what do you do in Inkscape, that PhotoLine can't do?
Here are the main ones which come to mind:

- in InkScape there is no need to convert a straight segment to a curve with the convert vector points tool before a curve can be dragged- just start dragging the segment: instant curve. The need to apply Photoline's Convert Vector Points tool first breaks the workflow. Similarly, I would like to be able to drag linear segments by just dragging the segment (and keeping it straight).

- when multiple nodes are selected on a curve, an optional transform cage appears, allowing for quick transformations of groups of selected nodes (including rotation). This is pure gold! With shift and ctrl modifier keys a real workflow enhancer. Also works with multiple selected objects' nodes (see next point). And the transformation origin can be set as well. Awesome tool.

- the option to work on nodes of multiple paths (vector layers) simultaneously. Shift-select two or more vector objects with the edit path tool, and work on the nodes of multiple paths of objects.

- Photoline does not seem to offer an option to snap vector nodes to other vector nodes of the same path. Another reason why I often switch to InkScape. It does work with other vector layers' nodes, but the nodes of those remain invisible, and it becomes trial and error to figure out where they snap. See previous point.

- path outline option which displays (highlights) the paths I am working on. Great for more complex work, and for when elements obscure each-other. In Photoline I solve this by changing the opacity of layers, but it does slow down work.

- quick and easy join/merge nodes functions. shift-J - Done! Also many shortcuts to speed up node editing.

- easy offset tools for path offsets (and they remain live)

- cloning tool. I really wish we had a good cloning function in Photoline. The one in InkScape allows for different symmetry schemes, and shift, scale, rotation, blur & opacity, color, and even a trace option that creates clones depending on a bitmap. This would also be great for cloning bitmap layers.

- vector painting and sculpting tweak tool for easy creative path editing. Many options.

- paths, nodes, handles, etc. are highlighted before selection. Makes it much easier to select paths. (Photoline already does include highlighting paths for snapping!)

- visually I prefer the way nodes and handles are presented in InkScape. I wish we could set preferences for nodes and handles (shape, colours, hollow, not hollow), including the size of these, in Photoline. The relatively bigger sized nodes and handles in Photoline force me to zoom in more for precise vector work. Although I do favour larger nodes when working with my Wacom.

Aside from vector editing:
- the vector trace function is quite good, with preview option, and a lot of control over the final trace. Really good for black and white line art, even when dealing with low resolution b&w line art.

...that pretty much sums it up. Hey, you asked! :wink:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: My request: would it be possible at all to include an option to keep the link "live" until the user is finished editing externally?
Martin
True indeed. Burkhard seems to wish for this feature as well, though :)
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:This is truly useful, but it is marred by one thing: when I save the changes in the external application, the link is not kept 'live', so I have to continuously use the external program option again and again to make have the changes update. With InkScape this becomes rather cumbersome, for example.

I think that I made a similar request as Herbert's a while ago (or maybe I just wanted to). In any case, I'm in the habit of saving my work every couple of minutes, and once I do, subsequent changes are "lost" (or at least cumbersome to recover). Besides, being able to save an intermediate state would enable one to preview the results in PL.

The only problem I can see is that at present, you can still edit layers in PL which are also open in an external editor, and the changes in PL are lost once the layer is saved by the external program and reloaded in PL (but at least you can undo the external edit!).

Cheers

Burkhard.

P.S. Probably, I'd not even make this an option but normal behaviour.
But, when the link is kept "live", there is the problem of deleting your changes you made in PhotoLine after editing with the external program then, isn't it?
In my opionion, the placeholder layers are the way of keeping the link alive and if the work is done in the external application you can fix the layer and do the finish in Photoline (if necessary). Additionally, this has the advantage that the native file of the external app remains unchanged by PhotoLine: A PDF with Illustrator editing capabilites (integrated) or the "special" Inkscape SVG don't become changed, just imported by PhotoLine as far as possible (and usually pretty good, especially the PDF; I don't use Inkscape but, if I remember correctly, it can use a lot of special filters that are not commonly available in other applications).