Neue Testversion 19.40b4

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b4

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

OMGs I just discovered we can now scale multiple selected objects WITHOUT THE NEED FOR GROUPING!!!

Since when is this possible? I swear, I just heard the universe cry out in joy! Thanks, a HUGE time saver!

I am now also aware that selection frames have a different look.

Thank you for this workflow improvement!
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I have a lot of game sprites that were created in Illustrator and CMYK mode, and I have to convert those to RGB.
How about "Tool > Color > Convert With Color Profile"? Though - depending on your needs - you may have to remove the destination profile from your document/page/layer afterwards.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:A secondary issue I have encountered: switching from CMYK mode to RGB and Lab modes with the colour dialog changes the hue of the colour. This is strange, since RGB and Lab provide a much wider colour space, and I would expect no visible colour change.
RGB doesn't necessarily have a larger gamut than CMYK, and with Lab I can't reproduce the problem. What's your CMYK profile and which color values result in a hue change?
US Web Coated (SWOP) v2. My screens are calibrated with a Spyder Pro. With colour management turned on, CMYK colours I convert to either Lab or RGB change. For now I have turned off colour management for these game sprites, and the colours are much more vibrant.
What's the RGB profile and the rendering intent? And do you have CMYK values to reproduce the problem?

Martin
Falaffel
Mitglied

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Bei der Benutzung des Schnellauswahlwerkzeugs ist mir aufgefallen, dass die Option "Hintergrund markieren", wenn nicht aktiv, nicht sichtbar ist (siehe Screenshot). Klickt man sie an, ist sie sichtbar.

Installiert ist PL19.40B4 unter Win7 Pro 64Bit

Die dunkle Oberfläche ist aktiv mit dem Wert "66". Die Symbole sind auf "Grau" und "Mittel" gestellt.

Bild
Grüße
Robert
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:When I add a transparent RGB image layer, place it at the bottom of the layer stack, and convert the document to picture mode, the entire design goes transparent, with only some of the black shapes still partly visible. Turning off transparency for this image layer restores the graphic. Switching to transparent again hides most of the shapes.

Saving the file or panning the view partly restores the image. There is some kind of view corruption going on.
Spot colors in a document with transparency clear the document content. I will fix that.

Martin
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Falaffel hat geschrieben:Bei der Benutzung des Schnellauswahlwerkzeugs ist mir aufgefallen, dass die Option "Hintergrund markieren", wenn nicht aktiv, nicht sichtbar ist (siehe Screenshot). Klickt man sie an, ist sie sichtbar.
Installiert ist PL19.40B4 unter Win7 Pro 64Bit
Die dunkle Oberfläche ist aktiv mit dem Wert "66". Die Symbole sind auf "Grau" und "Mittel" gestellt.
bei grauen Symbolen und "66" ist es bei mir auch fast nicht zu sehen. Da sehe ich aber wenig Möglichkeiten, entweder die Farbe etwas ändern (statt "66") oder die Symbole farbig anzeigen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:But now I am encountering another issue: even when I specifically convert the first object (which is CMYK) to be an RGB colour with the color editor panel, and then use the color picker to have it set to the second (RGB) object's colour, the first one suddenly reverts back to CMYK!!!

(...)

2) open the color editor panel (not the modal dialog) View-->Lists-->Color Editor
3) in the color editor, swich the shape 1 colour mode to RGB. The fill colour swatch in either the tools or color editor no longer display the CMYK indicator.
4) switch to the color picker (shape 1 must still be selected).
5) click on the colour of shape 2 (which is a RGB coloured shape!).

Result: the colour of shape 1 changes back to CMYK mode, and the colour does not change!!! WHAT?!
The Color Picker picks colors in the color space of the document. And your document is a CMYK one. If picking from all layers is turned on, this is the right behavior.

If you want to transfer a specific color to another layer, it's best to copy/paste it.

But in your situation it should be better to convert the whole document to RGB using "Convert With Color Profile".

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:(...) could you make sure that Photoline saves custom rotation points?
I will change that.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: If you want to transfer a specific color to another layer, it's best to copy/paste it.

But in your situation it should be better to convert the whole document to RGB using "Convert With Color Profile".

Martin
I tried converting to RGB, but the colour conversion is terrible - some colours completely change. I have semi-transparent elements in overlay mode scattered throughout the designs, and these do not convert well at all, it seems.

My solution so far is to disable colour management in Photoline - then I get nice rice saturated and deep colours.

I do work on a colour calibrated system (Spyder Pro).
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Btw, I also noticed that vector shape layers, when saved with the Save Layer function in the Layer-->Layer Management menu, always save with a white background, and lose the transparent background.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I tried converting to RGB, but the colour conversion is terrible
The conversion uses the regular color management.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: - some colours completely change.
The kind of change depends on the the color profiles an the rendering intent. But until now you haven't given a full example.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I have semi-transparent elements in overlay mode scattered throughout the designs, and these do not convert well at all, it seems.
If the conversion is doing something wrong, I'd appreciate a sample document.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:My solution so far is to disable colour management in Photoline - then I get nice rice saturated and deep colours.

I do work on a colour calibrated system (Spyder Pro).
If you turn off color management, it doesn't really matter whether your system is calibrated.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Btw, I also noticed that vector shape layers, when saved with the Save Layer function in the Layer-->Layer Management menu, always save with a white background, and lose the transparent background.
You don't name a file format, so:
Basically a vector layer doesn't have transparency aside from its colors. And I don't see how you are losing anything. If you are importing the vector layer in a document, it won't have a white background.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Btw, I also noticed that vector shape layers, when saved with the Save Layer function in the Layer-->Layer Management menu, always save with a white background, and lose the transparent background.
You don't name a file format, so:
Basically a vector layer doesn't have transparency aside from its colors. And I don't see how you are losing anything. If you are importing the vector layer in a document, it won't have a white background.

Martin
Here are the steps:
1) I create a new image, transparent background.
2) I add a vector shape.
3) I now wish to export that shape layer as a transparent png file.
4) I choose the save layer function to save that layer as a PNG.

Result: the background is filled with white. The transparency is lost.

I have many segmented characters which consist of vector shapes, and to animate those in a third party application, I must export each character in parts. To achieve this, I create groups of legs, tails, heads, arms, ears, etcetera. Now I would like to export these parts as PNG files with a transparent background.

I could convert each group of shape objects to a RGB layer. Then it works, and a transparent version is exported. However, it seems logical to me that I should be able to export the same vector shape or group with the transparent background intact.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin,

I just sent a sample character document to support@pl32.com. I tried several RGB profiles (srgb, adobe rgb, and a bunch more, including the spyder profiles), but the colour changes are sometimes quite drastic.

Hopefully it helps - perhaps my workflow is completely awry?

You can also try exporting the character's parts with the save layer function. Select all the parts (legs, head, body, tail), and export the layers as PNG files. No background transparency is the result.

Thanks for any help.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: However, it seems logical to me that I should be able to export the same vector shape or group with the transparent background intact.
I agree.

The current layer saving behavior is inconsistent with the "Save As..." function. In other words, if you create an image with a transparent background and draw a vector shape in its own layer, then delete the background layer, the image is converted to "Document Mode". When you save it as a PNG, the transparency is retained.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: However, it seems logical to me that I should be able to export the same vector shape or group with the transparent background intact.
I agree.

The current layer saving behavior is inconsistent with the "Save As..." function. In other words, if you create an image with a transparent background and draw a vector shape in its own layer, then delete the background layer, the image is converted to "Document Mode". When you save it as a PNG, the transparency is retained.
Related to this, I would love to see some sort of option to apply export options and parameters to specific layers, groups, and such, before actually exporting the layers with the layer save option. This would be ideal for web, screen, mobile, GUI, and game related work.

It should enable anyone to save a selected layer to multiple formats with pre-defined settings at once, as well as different sizes/resolution. This would save so much time, and instantly make Photoline far more adequate for web and screen work. Settings for each layer should be able to be duplicated and applied easily to other layers. And ideally also an option to set states within a group (different versions of the same asset). Finally a quick preview option for selected layers and their exported assets.

Ah, one can dream.
Antworten