Neue Testversion 19.40b4

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b4

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Related to this, I would love to see
Ah, one can dream.
Go right ahead. :) To be honest, all those additional options sound like a nightmare to me.... Not to launch an argument, but I think it's important not to lose sight of the big picture: PL is an excellent general-purpose tool and niche-specific features should be weighed against that.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small bug: groups of which the "draw isolated" is unchecked will not display the opacity percentage next to the layer type label in the layers panel.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Related to this, I would love to see
Ah, one can dream.
Go right ahead. :) To be honest, all those additional options sound like a nightmare to me.... Not to launch an argument, but I think it's important not to lose sight of the big picture: PL is an excellent general-purpose tool and niche-specific features should be weighed against that.
Well, these options could be hidden beneath an "export options" button in the layer properties panel, so as not to get in the way. Just being able to set the export options in advance would save a lot of time for anyone using Photoline for web/interface/game/mobile work. The issue is really the web export dialog in Photoline: it suffices for entire images, but is not very useful to prepare and export multiple assets for the web (and other screen work). This is something I and other web/mobile/game developers and designers have to do on a daily basis, and currently I do not bother to do this export in Photoline - too many steps involved. I merely save as png files with the layer save option, and then optimize outside Photoline.

Although I do understand that users whose work has nothing to do with these areas may think they are superfluous.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

For now I found a workaround solution in regards to my colour conversion issues:
- turn off color management in PL
- take a screenshot and place that in the file
- then turn on color management
- convert the file to rgb with the convert option -->srgb
- select each object and use the colour picker to grab the colour from the snapshot version.
- set all the blacks to true black
- manually adjust some of the highlights (overlay objects) visually.

Extra work, but I should have checked the colours before anything else. The original Illustrator files were riddled with all sorts of different colour spaces and spots colors. Lesson learned!
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Although I do understand that users whose work has nothing to do with these areas may think they are superfluous.
Yeah, I apologize for raining on that parade.

For some reason, for the last week or two I've been thinking in somewhat of the opposite direction for the features of PL -- instead of only looking for more advanced and sophisticated image editing and drawing features, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea also to not overlook the "low end" of the functions. What would an inexperienced/casual user look for in an image editing app?
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just sent a sample character document to support@pl32.com. I tried several RGB profiles (srgb, adobe rgb, and a bunch more, including the spyder profiles), but the colour changes are sometimes quite drastic.
Just for completion: The document uses blend modes. Blend modes are expected to change on color space changes. They will differ, when you are converting between RGB color spaces, and even more, if converting from CMYK to RGB.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:The current layer saving behavior is inconsistent with the "Save As..." function. In other words, if you create an image with a transparent background and draw a vector shape in its own layer, then delete the background layer, the image is converted to "Document Mode". When you save it as a PNG, the transparency is retained.
I don't really know, what's the right behavior in this situation:
- Always save transparency with vector/text/group
- Save transparency, if the hosting document already has transparency.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:I don't really know, what's the right behavior in this situation:
- Always save transparency with vector/text/group
That gets my vote. The original request is from a user who consciously selects a vector layer having transparency and chooses to save that layer in an image format that supports transparency. Those decisions should be respected, IMO.
Ken
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

photoken hat geschrieben:The original request is from a user who consciously selects a vector layer having transparency and chooses to save that layer in an image format that supports transparency. Those decisions should be respected, IMO.
I agree :-)
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben: That gets my vote. The original request is from a user who consciously selects a vector layer having transparency and chooses to save that layer in an image format that supports transparency. Those decisions should be respected, IMO.
Obviously I agree. :D

Ideally we would have access to an extended layer dialog for each layer (through a button in the layer panel) which gives us a choice beforehand in regards to the file format, transparency settings, export size (plus resampling settings), file format settings, and output path. This way the user may decide how each layer is exported. Even more wonderful: allow for realtime export of these layers! Make a change to one layer, and the layer automatically overwrites the old version. Photoshop can do this, and it is an awesome time-saver.