Neue Testversion 19.40b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b6

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: For example, creating page spreads is another thing not possible currently without work-arounds.
???

It seems very easy to me. Just create a new document with twice the width of an individual page. For example, to make an A4 magazine in portrait orientation, create an A3 document in landscape orientation. Add a guide for half the width (formula: w/2) for the document and you've got it. Each time you create a new "page", you'll have the guide for the spread....

Evem if, for some reason, you want to have separate single pages for the front cover and the back cover, you can create a new page (as a spread) and use Layout...Page...Change Page Size to change the page to A4 portrait orientation.
I am of course aware of this method - but what if you needed to re-arrange a bunch of pages? Then you would have to move all objects from one page to the next ,and vice versa. If spreads were built-in, then it would just be a matter of grabbing those page parts in the page panel and moving them around.

Anyway, spreads aren't the most important thing, and you are correct that with some extra work those are possible: page templates, library (symbols), and guides controllable per layer are, I think, the last remaining options to bring the page publishing options of Photoline to the next level.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
If spreads were built-in, then it would just be a matter of grabbing those page parts in the page panel and moving them around.
page templates, library (symbols), and guides controllable per layer are, I think, the last remaining options to bring the page publishing options of Photoline to the next level.
Yes, there are any number of features in specialized DTP programs that would be nice to have. My two cents: I'd like to see a Hyphenation & Justification tool setting -- as it is now, PL's justified text can lead to some ugly results.... :(
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
If spreads were built-in, then it would just be a matter of grabbing those page parts in the page panel and moving them around.
page templates, library (symbols), and guides controllable per layer are, I think, the last remaining options to bring the page publishing options of Photoline to the next level.
Yes, there are any number of features in specialized DTP programs that would be nice to have. My two cents: I'd like to see a Hyphenation & Justification tool setting -- as it is now, PL's justified text can lead to some ugly results.... :(
Agreed +1000 I also miss the division between proper tracking and kerning compared to other design applications (as we discussed before).
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
NoSi
Betatester

Beitrag von NoSi »

photoken hat geschrieben:Yes, there are any number of features in specialized DTP programs that would be nice to have. My two cents: I'd like to see a Hyphenation & Justification tool setting -- as it is now, PL's justified text can lead to some ugly results.... :(
Most DTP programs I used in the past, did not support a nice hypenation or justification. The only working solution is offered by Indesign, but it has enough disadvantages that can not balance this. Because of the several manual options of Photoline I am very happy with it, because I can achieve the desired result quite easy. And there is no fight against any automatic setting - because there are none :)
Screencasts zu Photoline: http://www.buoa.de • Win 10x64 / PL64, immer und ausschließlich die aktuellste Beta-Version.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Just a small request regarding the layer effects: would it be at all possible to allow for increased width settings for glowing outside? I often find myself wishing to go beyond the 100% relative setting, but Photoline will not allow for that. I would say a max setting of around 500%~1000% would suffice for most work.

Other effects, such as the inner glowing, also would benefit from an increased possible max width setting.

One other thing I noticed: the anti-aliasing is often too weak, and it results in quite visible aliasing artifacts. It would be nice, if we could turn on a "super sampling anti-aliasing" option for layer effects.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Btw, on a completely different note: is the possibility of a native Linux version still on the horizon somewhere? Or is it a lost cause? Perhaps you could hire a Linux dev for a short while to do the port... :wink:
At the moment there are no plans for a Linux version. Even the big companies with hundreds of developers can do it.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just tested the new PSD artboard import in Photoline19.49b6 - currently the artboards are imported side by side. Would it not make much more sense to convert each artboard to a Photoline page?
It's not done by PhotoLine, Photoshop saves it this way. At the moment, without documentation, I see no way to change this.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And talking about pages ...
Martins part.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And if I may suggest: consolidate the shapes, outlines, cliparts, and symbols in one "library" panel similar to what Photoshop CC2015 is doing.
you don't need to use all panels, copy all entries to one and forget the other.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And once more the question whether the guide system in Photoline can be updated with the option to create multiple guide systems in the same document, and an easy method to turn these on and off...
use vector layers for this. Create a group with "Guide layers". This will do this.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just tested the new PSD artboard import in Photoline19.49b6 - currently the artboards are imported side by side. Would it not make much more sense to convert each artboard to a Photoline page?
It's not done by PhotoLine, Photoshop saves it this way. At the moment, without documentation, I see no way to change this.
Yes, I thought so. Anyway, it good to see at least the basic support for artboards.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And if I may suggest: consolidate the shapes, outlines, cliparts, and symbols in one "library" panel similar to what Photoshop CC2015 is doing.
you don't need to use all panels, copy all entries to one and forget the other.
Then... why not consolidate all three into one panel, rename the panel 'library', and add a couple of options to organize and filter assets (create our own categories of objects)? It would clean up the interface clutter, and simplify asset management. And then allow for re-usable instanced library items in documents - which would update when the original is changed/edited. That would be a truly useful addition (sort-of like virtual layers/groups saved in that library panel: like "symbols" in Fireworks, Illustrator, Flash, and many other design apps).
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:And once more the question whether the guide system in Photoline can be updated with the option to create multiple guide systems in the same document, and an easy method to turn these on and off...
use vector layers for this. Create a group with "Guide layers". This will do this.
Sorry to be a pain, but there is no way to convert guides to paths, or vice versa in Photoline like there is in other design apps. :(
The grid creator for guides is great, but how would we convert those to objects? Furthermore, objects do not automatically adjust to infinite length like guides do: one change to the page/canvas length or width, and all the guide objects would have to be adjusted manually.

Nor can we use formulas to position objects on the screen (come to think of it, it would be very cool if we could use formulas for object positioning and size :D ) .

As you can tell, the work-around you suggest has a number of caveats in practice. I guess it is doable, but rather inefficient.

Apologies for bothering you with all this. I really think it would greatly benefit the overall workflow in Photoline.
Twindaddy
Mitglied

Beitrag von Twindaddy »

Keine Ahnung, ob ich einfach unfähig bin, aber bei mir funktioniert (nur im Dokumentenmodus getestet) das verknüpfte Kopieren nicht mehr. Es wird immer nur "normal" kopiert, soll heißen: die markierten Ebenen als Ebenen. Die b6 ist die erste Beta, die ich nach 19.01 einsetze.

Gruß,
Markus
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Mit Platzhalter-Ebenen tritt folgendes Problem auf.

Wenn ich eine Foto-Datei mit EXIF-Drehung (also Bild im Hochformat) in einen Platzhalter einfüge, dann wird diese Datei in PL nicht richtig gedreht angezeigt (sondern im Querformat). Wenn ich nun aber verknüpft kopiere, die Platzhalter-Ebene in eine normale RGB-Ebene wandle oder als PDF exportiere, erscheinen dort die Bilder plötzlich im Hochformat. (Oder, wenn ich die Bilder vorher von Hand gedreht habe, zusätzlich mit der EXIF-Drehung). Passiert unabhängig von der Ausrichtung (innen, außen, Clipping) der Platzhalter-Ebene.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Twindaddy hat geschrieben:Keine Ahnung, ob ich einfach unfähig bin, aber bei mir funktioniert (nur im Dokumentenmodus getestet) das verknüpfte Kopieren nicht mehr. Es wird immer nur "normal" kopiert, soll heißen: die markierten Ebenen als Ebenen. Die b6 ist die erste Beta, die ich nach 19.01 einsetze.
Ich habe das gerade ausprobiert und bei mehr funktioniert Verknüpftes Kopieren normal. Kannst du das Problem auf bestimmte Situationen einschränken?

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bkh hat geschrieben:Mit Platzhalter-Ebenen tritt folgendes Problem auf.

Wenn ich eine Foto-Datei mit EXIF-Drehung (also Bild im Hochformat) in einen Platzhalter einfüge, dann wird diese Datei in PL nicht richtig gedreht angezeigt (sondern im Querformat).
Das kann ich auch nicht nachvollziehen. Bei dir wird direkt nach dem Anlegen der Platzhalter schon in der falschen Orientierung angezeigt?

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:Mit Platzhalter-Ebenen tritt folgendes Problem auf.

Wenn ich eine Foto-Datei mit EXIF-Drehung (also Bild im Hochformat) in einen Platzhalter einfüge, dann wird diese Datei in PL nicht richtig gedreht angezeigt (sondern im Querformat).
Das kann ich auch nicht nachvollziehen. Bei dir wird direkt nach dem Anlegen der Platzhalter schon in der falschen Orientierung angezeigt?
Hier mal ein einfaches Beispiel, der Buchstabe F, jpeg per EXIF:Orientation ins Hochformat gebracht (Beispieldatei im Anhang). Beim normalen Öffnen in PL erscheint die Datei im Hochformat.

Wenn ich ein Dokument mit 3 Platzhaltern anlege (links: clipping, rechts oben: inside, rechts unten: outside) und die Datei F.jpg per drag und drop im Dokument ablege (Mitte: drag und drop als normale Ebene), dann wird die Exif-Orientierung scheinbar nicht beachtet (was schade ist). Auf dem Bildschirm sieht das Ganze bei mir dann so aus:
F screenshot.png
F screenshot.png (1.79 KiB) 2403 mal betrachtet
Speichere ich das Ganze als .png (oder mache eine verknüpfte Kopie, oder …), dann bekomme ich Folgendes:
F export.png
F export.png (1.05 KiB) 2403 mal betrachtet
Offenbar wird hier plötzlich die EXIF-Orientierung beachtet, aber dafür das Format nicht richtig eingepasst, man sieht nur einen Teil des Bildes.

Mir wäre es ja am liebsten, wenn die EXIF-Orientierung in allen Fällen korrekt beachtet würde.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Dateianhänge
F.jpg
F.jpg (7.79 KiB) 2403 mal betrachtet
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bkh hat geschrieben:Hier mal ein einfaches Beispiel, der Buchstabe F, jpeg per EXIF:Orientation ins Hochformat gebracht (Beispieldatei im Anhang). Beim normalen Öffnen in PL erscheint die Datei im Hochformat.
Ja, mit der Datei kann ich das Problem nachvollziehen.
In früheren Versionen sollte die EXIF-Drehung richtig ausgewertet werden, da ich das erst beim Einbau der eingebetteten Platzhalter kaputt gemacht habe.

In der nächsten Version sollte es wieder gehen.

Martin
Twindaddy
Mitglied

Beitrag von Twindaddy »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Twindaddy hat geschrieben:Keine Ahnung, ob ich einfach unfähig bin, aber bei mir funktioniert (nur im Dokumentenmodus getestet) das verknüpfte Kopieren nicht mehr. Es wird immer nur "normal" kopiert, soll heißen: die markierten Ebenen als Ebenen. Die b6 ist die erste Beta, die ich nach 19.01 einsetze.
Ich habe das gerade ausprobiert und bei mehr funktioniert Verknüpftes Kopieren normal. Kannst du das Problem auf bestimmte Situationen einschränken?

Martin
Hm, an meinem Arbeitsplatzrechner funktioniert das auch. Zuhause habe ich es allerdings weder mit der Tastatur noch mit dem Menü hinbekommen. Ich kann mir zwar nicht vorstellen, dass das mit den Settings zu tun haben kann, aber ich werde zuhause mal die Registry aufräumen ...

Viele Grüße,
Markus
Antworten