Neue Testversion 19.40b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b6

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I have been using the Browse function in Photoline more and more lately to organize images
Just a suggestion -- even though XnViewMP is still considered a "beta" (the current available version is 0.72), it's improved to the point where its Browser is excellent for organizing images.

In XnViewMP, I set it to open in Browse mode when it's called without an image; and set PhotoLine as an external editor. In PhotoLine, I added XnViewMP as an external program with "None" as the image type and changed the "Ctrl+B" shortcut to launch XnViewMP.

Works like a charm, and the sophistication of XnViewMP's image organizing features removes any pressure for the PL Browser to become more complicated and problem-prone.

Something to keep in mind.... :wink:
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I encountered a number of redrawing problems: please open "live booleans". Try to turn off the layer effect for the RINGS layers in the layer properties: no effect. This also happens with the STEEL DISC and GOLD DISC layers: turning off the layer style effect in the layer properties does not take effect.

Open "live booleans_VIRTUAL. I replaced the gold mask with a virtual copy of the steel mask, and applied an inverted curve adjustment layer to invert the virtual mask. In theory it should invert the mask, and it partly works - but part of the mask inexplicably disappears, though.
I will check that.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Aside from these issues, I also noticed that the emboss effect's anti-aliasing quality is a bit problematic at times - please check the top part of the "Pharao's Disc", where the lack of anti-aliasing produces some ugly artifacts. The overall anti-aliasing quality could also be improved. This is why Photoshop introduced an "anti-alias" option in its layer styles.
The ugly artifacts are created by the edge curve. A linear curve will not show them.

I don't have access to current PS versions, but CS2 doesn't offer real edge curves - so of course - you can't produce that kind of problem.
Aside from that PS CS2 offers 3 techniques for creating an "Emboss" effect:
- Simulate it by inner shadows which is only acceptable for narrow edges. And because this is based on blur filters, you can't really control the edge by a curve.
- Two kinds of chiseling: both of them are quite coarse in CS2 (similar to PhotoLine's quality before the enhancement).

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Select multiple consecutive layers in Layers Panel

Beitrag von photoken »

I don't see an easy way to select multiple consecutive layers in the Layers Panel.

If a layer is selected, and the Ctrl key is held down, I can click on the selection box of non-consecutive layers to add those layers to the selection. Holding down the Shift key does exactly the same thing.

I'd like to see the behaviour of the Shift key changed so that clicking the selection box of another layer will select all layers between the originally selected layer and the clicked layer. That would make the layer selection behaviour the same as the item selection behaviour in Windows Explorer, for example.

I think this was discussed before, but I don't remember what was decided.... :?:
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Re: Req: Select multiple consecutive layers in Layers Panel

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:I don't see an easy way to select multiple consecutive layers in the Layers Panel.
Select one layer, then shift-click anywhere but the two boxes on the left to select all layers in between. (It would make sense, though, to change shift-click to work also with the selection box.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: Select multiple consecutive layers in Layers Panel

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben: Select one layer, then shift-click anywhere but the two boxes on the left to select all layers in between. (It would make sense, though, to change shift-click to work also with the selection box.)
Ah, now I see -- thanks. I missed this because the Shift-click has to be in the layer name area, and I never click in that area unless I'm changing the name or right-clicking for the layer options.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Translation bug:

In the Create Picture Catalog, "Size" tab: Spalten/Reihen should be Columns/Rows.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:In the Create Picture Catalog, "Size" tab: Spalten/Reihen should be Columns/Rows.
I will fix this.