Neue Testversion 19.40b7

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Page names display fixed -- Thanks!

Beitrag von photoken »

Moving the display of the page names to the right of the info area fixed the problem described here:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =15#p36319

Now, the page names are readable when using small icons for the pages:
page name.png
Thanks! :)
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b7

Beitrag von Eurgail »

photoken hat geschrieben:Moving the display of the page names to the right of the info area fixed the problem described here:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =15#p36319

Now, the page names are readable when using small icons for the pages:
page name.png
Thanks! :)
Is it possible to have the colon after the page number only visible, if a page title is set? Then it going to be pefect. :-)
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Incompatible Multi-Layer PhotoLine TIF Files

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

Third-party editors and browsers do not correctly read multi-layer TIF files produced in PL 19.40b7. They appear to be interpreting the bottom/background layer only.

Tested in one editor and a couple of browsers using a simple TIF with a global adjustment applied to the top of two layers in PL.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Incompatible Multi-Layer PhotoLine TIF Files

Beitrag von photoken »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:Third-party editors and browsers do not correctly read multi-layer TIF files produced in PL 19.40b7.
Works OK here on Win7 Pro x64. I tested reading the files with
  • Corel PhotoPaint X5
  • XnViewMP 0.72
and both correctly listed the number of layers saved in PL.

If an adjustment layer is created in PL at the top of the stack, PL warns about TIF not supporting such a layer and when saving creates an additional layer with the adjustment applied to the first image layer in the stack. Both of the other apps correctly recognized the total number of layers in the TIF.

When you save the file in PL, are you selecting the option in the lower left corner of the Save dialog to "Save Layers"?
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I noticed just now that the link between Photoline and an object being edited in InkScape is now being kept "live" - That's a tremendous time saver! Thanks!
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

The "live" link between a PL layer (using PDF as the image type) and Adobe Illustrator also works great! I can keep the image open in AI and whenever I make changes in AI and save the temp PDF file, the PL layer is updated. This is very cool, and I agree that it can save a lot of time.

However, the "live" link doesn't work with CorelDraw X5. The strange thing is that the first round-trip works OK and CDR will overwrite the temp PDF file, but subsequent attempts to save CDR changes to the temp PDF file fail -- it generates a CDR error message saying that the file is in use by another application:
CDR save error msg.png
This is on Win7 Pro x64 SP1.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Re: Incompatible Multi-Layer PhotoLine TIF Files

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

photoken hat geschrieben:
OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:Third-party editors and browsers do not correctly read multi-layer TIF files produced in PL 19.40b7.
Works OK here on Win7 Pro x64. I tested reading the files with
  • Corel PhotoPaint X5
  • XnViewMP 0.72
and both correctly listed the number of layers saved in PL.

When you save the file in PL, are you selecting the option in the lower left corner of the Save dialog to "Save Layers"?
Tested in PS, C1 and Perfect Photo Suite and did not use adjustment layers, instead just a layer copy with a simple change that could be easily identified. I set save TIF layers as the default in PL preferences. Going the opposite way, PL reads TIF layers out of PS and simple PSD layers out of PPS.

Since you're getting correct reading in Win7 via the two apps listed, I will do more testing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug: create a gradient, and click on the fill colour either in the layer panel or the tool panel to open the color editor dialog. Then double-click on the gradient: a new color editor appears. Double click again, and again - after that Photoline crashes.

And a request for the gradients in Photoline: could you please implement a "smooth" curve that describes the transition between colour points in a gradient?
result.jpg
Even better, could you perhaps add an option to use a curve dialog to control the transition? That would be a unique solution.
Photoline is not the only application suffering from this problem: it also occurs in Photoshop. With three points for example, the transition is not smooth.
unsmooth.jpg
gentle.jpg
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Here is an example file demonstrating the rough transition.

Obviously, we could insert more stops to control the transition a bit better, but it would only be approximating a true smooth/gentle curve transition.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Obviously, we could insert more stops to control the transition a bit better, but it would only be approximating a true smooth/gentle curve transition.
Yes, this sometimes bothers me, too. This seems just a matter of choosing another interpolation method. I usually work around this by using a Curves adjustment layer, but it's a bit cumbersome to set up (see enclosed pld file). Here's what the gradient looks like if you use spline interpolation (you'd get the original PL gradient if you use linear interpolation.)
gradient-curves.jpg
The "ideal" gradient seems to use Lagrange interpolation, but it doesn't work too well when too many points are close together. Using an interpolation method other than "linear", there's always a certain risk that there will be strange intermediate colours (try a gradient from white to middle grey, then on to blue, which will most likely have a yellow tint between white and grey).

It would, of course, be nice if PL offered some choice of interpolation methods, but I'm unsure how well this will work with the new transition sliders. Otoh, adding a middle point and choosing a smooth interpolation method might even replace the transition sliders.

Cheers

Burkhard.
franky68
Mitglied

Beitrag von franky68 »

If this is going to be a release version, is there any chance to have a fix/workaround for the issue with Win10 and the filedialog?
(http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4906)

Maybe at least a "reset" button to bring the dialog back to its original size?
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Ich habe hier ein kleines Problem mit einer Aktion, die beim Laden eines Raw-Bildes ausgeführt werden soll: die angehängte Aktion schaltet beim Wechsel in den Dokumenten-Modus auf 8 bit. Selbst das explizite Umschalten nach 16 bit geht nicht. Spiele ich die Aktion für sich ab, dann ist alles ok, ebenso, wenn ich den letzten Befehl (nächste Ebene aktivieren) lösche.

Ach ja, beim Raw-Import clippt die Histogrammkorrektur die Lichter sehr stark. Das war, glaube ich, früher anders.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben:Ich habe hier ein kleines Problem mit einer Aktion, die beim Laden eines Raw-Bildes ausgeführt werden soll: die angehängte Aktion schaltet beim Wechsel in den Dokumenten-Modus auf 8 bit.
Ich sehe mir das an.
bkh hat geschrieben:Selbst das explizite Umschalten nach 16 bit geht nicht.
Das sollte auch nicht nötig sein.
bkh hat geschrieben:Ach ja, beim Raw-Import clippt die Histogrammkorrektur die Lichter sehr stark. Das war, glaube ich, früher anders.
Nach der doch recht zahlreichen Kritik haben wir das an die Automatiken der Digitalkameras angenähert. Das ist aber auch schon ein Weilchen so.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:Ach ja, beim Raw-Import clippt die Histogrammkorrektur die Lichter sehr stark. Das war, glaube ich, früher anders.
Nach der doch recht zahlreichen Kritik haben wir das an die Automatiken der Digitalkameras angenähert. Das ist aber auch schon ein Weilchen so.
Hab's auch mehr zufällig entdeckt – ich setze mit meiner Aktion sowieso die Histogrammkorrektur auf einen festen Wert, der zur Belichtung meiner Kamera passt und nicht clippt. Die Helligkeitsanpassung mache ich per Gradationskurve und mit sanftem Clipping der Lichter.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Obviously, we could insert more stops to control the transition a bit better, but it would only be approximating a true smooth/gentle curve transition.
Yes, this sometimes bothers me, too. This seems just a matter of choosing another interpolation method. I usually work around this by using a Curves adjustment layer, but it's a bit cumbersome to set up (see enclosed pld file). Here's what the gradient looks like if you use spline interpolation (you'd get the original PL gradient if you use linear interpolation.)
The "ideal" gradient seems to use Lagrange interpolation, but it doesn't work too well when too many points are close together. Using an interpolation method other than "linear", there's always a certain risk that there will be strange intermediate colours (try a gradient from white to middle grey, then on to blue, which will most likely have a yellow tint between white and grey).

It would, of course, be nice if PL offered some choice of interpolation methods, but I'm unsure how well this will work with the new transition sliders. Otoh, adding a middle point and choosing a smooth interpolation method might even replace the transition sliders.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Thanks for the example. I have to say, though, that the curves are rather completely non-intuitive :-P

I hope for additional interpolation methods for gradients in Photoline.