Suchfunktion in der Ebenenliste

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Suchfunktion in der Ebenenliste der Beta 9

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Allow the user to use <ctrl><F> and immediately start searching through layers. That would be very useful. Also, allow us to search for groups, blend mode, opacity, layer types, etcetera, by just prefixing the word with an &. And finally, allow us to combine search terms, as well as use operators to exclude elements.

Example: &vector &multiply star --> display all vector layers which use the multiply blend mode, and are named "star"
&vec &mu star would find the same layers.

&virtual -star --> display all virtual layers, and exclude any virtual layer that contains "star"

&50% display all layers with an opacity set at 50%
&50%-80% display all layers with an opacity within a range of 50% - 80%.

Or even:
&stroke:5pt -&fill:#cccccc find all (vector) layers with a stroke of 5pt and exclude the ones with a fill colour of #cccccc
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Allow the user to use <ctrl><F> and immediately start searching through layers.
If it remains also for searching text in text layers (perhaps only in text mode).
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Also, allow us to search for groups, blend mode, opacity, layer types, etcetera, by just prefixing the word with an &. And finally, allow us to combine search terms, as well as use operators to exclude elements.

Example: &vector &multiply star --> display all vector layers which use the multiply blend mode, and are named "star"
&vec &mu star would find the same layers.

&virtual -star --> display all virtual layers, and exclude any virtual layer that contains "star"

&50% display all layers with an opacity set at 50%
&50%-80% display all layers with an opacity within a range of 50% - 80%.

Or even:
&stroke:5pt -&fill:#cccccc find all (vector) layers with a stroke of 5pt and exclude the ones with a fill colour of #cccccc
A bit overkill, don't you think? However, it's no substitute for the menus and buttons. Perhaps additionally...
Don't missunderstood: I am a hugh fan of the formulas and have no problems with programming languages. But please not as a standard handling for a feature in an image and design software!
And, I wasn't involved in the feature request of this feature, but in my opinion we are talking about a small and fast filter and not a search to find the one specific layer.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben: ... but in my opinion we are talking about a small and fast filter and not a search to find the one specific layer.
Exactly right.

To accommodate all possible requests and provide for the widest range of potential usage scenarios, searching ought to be implemented with two methods:
  • "Search Lite" to quickly filter the layers within the Layers pallet. This is the current implementation, and (with a couple enhancements) should suffice for the vast majority of uses.
  • "Power Search" to allow precisely specifying multiple attributes for the search. This is what the proposed new search dialog would accomplish.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am So 01 Nov 2015 19:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:...by just prefixing the word with an &.
That's needlessly complicated and fails to allow specifying certain attributes such as the fill colour if a pattern, texture or gradient is wanted; or a search for a line style with a particular variable thickness.

There's no way around implementing an additional "Power Search" dialog with tabs, as I've described -- if you want to search for specific attributes, your search criteria essentially have to duplicate all the options in the settings for the various tools. Only a separate search dialog can do that....
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

@Eurgail and Photoken:

The & option would be in addition to the GUI version. Or at the very least allow for a quick search by typing not only for the layer name, but also layer type and blend mode. I do not care whether that would be implemented by specifically implementing a prefixed character (& or any other), or just by typing "multiply", "virtual". "vector"

I just would love to see a quick search option which allows me to hit <ctrl><F> (when not in text tool mode), and immediately start to filter layers based not only on their name, but also based on their type and blend mode. It should be trivial to implement that in the layer search box.

And often I wish for an option to HIDE certain layers. For example, layer masks. So a -mask or similar option would also be great.

Again, this in addition to the GUI version to filter types.

And we should have a filter in the type section to filter layer masks, for example.

@Ken: yes, a power search feature would be nice.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Suchfunktion in der Ebenenliste

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

wir haben daran weiter gearbeitet.

Das Parsen der Formel geschieht nach folgenden Regeln:
expression := [+][-] term [expression]
term := (expression) | string | &attribute | &command compareOp value (compareOp: "=", "!=" oder "<>", ">", ">=", "<", "<="), value abhängig von command
string := "anything" | Zeichenfolge bis Endekennzeichen [a-z|0-9]
attribute := string (entweder ROP-Mode oder Ebenentyp)
command := string (undefiniert)

Bisher kennt die Funktion folgende Kommandos:
Ebenentypen: image, vector, text, group, virtual, placeholder
Ropmodes: alle
Sonstige: intensity, linewidth
An den Farben arbeiten wir noch. Im Test ist momentan "linecolor". Die Syntax ist &linecolor="RGB10,20,30"
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

This is beginning to resemble standard regular expression searches; which is good, since regular expression syntax is widely used.

However, due to the space constraints in the Layers panel, the entry field for the search criteria is very short and that limits the usability of regular expressions (which can be very long). I'm just saying that the "Power Search" dialog box I mentioned a while ago would be a natural place for creating complex regex searches....
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The search options are really cool, and extremely useful. It would be good to have an extra button/option to open a search dialog which allows for a GUI to visually assist in setting search options as well: a lot of users will be intimidated by the expressions. I agree with Ken that some sort of visual search dialog ought to be added for those users.

Also, one of the main reasons to have an option like this is to quickly find, select, and change properties of objects. Currently the layer options such as "mark all layers" (when right-mouse clicking the layer checkbox) still select ALL the layers, even though I filtered the layer list.

I think layer actions should be applied to the filtered layers only.

And I believe the search function would be extremely useful to have for actions as well. Have you considered this yet?
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: ...some sort of visual search dialog ought to be added for those users.
It would benefit all users if the "Power Search" dialog had a context menu option that displayed regular expression syntax, too. Sort of like an on-demand "cheat sheet".
Ken
Antworten