Neue Testversion 19.40b10

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Falaffel
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b10

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Hoogo hat geschrieben:What I liked in my graphic program on Commodore64: The precise cursor painted a vertical and horizontal line through the whole picture, afaik CAD programs do the same. Might be a nice solution here.
I don't understand the advantage of a full window cross hair. It doesn't give you any additional precision and IMO it's just an optical gimmick.
If you really want precision, you either have to use (automatic) guides or numeric positioning.
Ich sags mal auf deutsch. Bei mir kommt es oft vor, dass ich den Beschnitt des Bildes an einem Objekt ausrichten möchte, welches nicht direkt an der Stelle sitzt (links oben), wo ich den Cursor ansetze. Das verlängerte Fadenkreuz gäbe mir die Möglichkeit den Cursor von vorn herein so zu platzieren, wie ich es möchte. Mit den aktuellen Möglichkeiten setze ich den Cursor (wie von Hoogo schon geschrieben) so wie es per Augenmaß grob passt und muss dann in einem zweiten Schritt durch verschieben der Kanten die Feinjustierung machen.
Beim aufziehen einer Maske gilt natürlich dasselbe.
Grüße
Robert
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

If you require precision for the cursor, both for cropping and exact selections it would be nice to have an automatic zoom feature. This works really well in Greenshot (open source screen grabber). It mitigates the need for zooming in and out, as well as having to adjust the crop afterwards.

Suppose I want to crop a picture with rather vague outlines, like this one:
Untitled.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

The panel "magnifier" can do that.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
If anything, I strongly suggest to make this behaviour a preference setting. At the very least accommodate both workflows.
Yeah, I could see that, if it's not too much trouble to implement. Like I said, I prefer the logic of the new behaviour; but if you never use the arrow keys for scrolling through the layers panel, then having the arrow keys always move the layer content would be advantageous.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Visibility of precise cursor on high-res display

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:There is a problem with the visibility of the precise cursor when the crosshair uses dots instead of a solid line.

I recently purchased a new notebook computer with a high-resolution display (2880 x 1620), with Win7 Pro x64.
What's the dpi value or zoom of the display in the Windows settings?
In PL's settings, the screen resolution is set to 144dpi, which, as far as I can tell, matches the display mode in Win7 -- the Win7 settings are using "large fonts" at a value of 144dpi. The zoom of the image is either 100% or fit to screen when I'm noticing the visibility problem, so I can't help you there.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Do 12 Nov 2015 22:13, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: I don't understand the advantage of a full window cross hair.
There are at least four cases where the full window crosshair is advantageous:
  • Aligning an internal point in an image with an internal point of another image. For example, you've extracted the image of a groom and a separate image of the bride. You want to align the images so their eyes are looking at each other. Automatic guides won't find those internal image points.
  • Aligning the top edge of an image to a visually significant portion of text. For example, you've got a line of text on the left of the document, and you've got a rectangular image on the right. You want to align the top edge of the image with the x-height of the text, or with the ascenders, or halfway between the ascenders and the x-height, etc.
  • Alinging an object with a point on an object that's not next to the original object. For example, you've got three columns of text. You want to have a staggered layout where the rightmost text is aligned with a specific line of text in the leftmost text.
  • When drawing vector shapes. For example, you've got an existing vector shape and want to draw another vector shape by aligning its nodes with specific points of the first shape, such as when creating isometric drawings or floor plans, etc.
In none of those cases will automatic guides work.

Showing the rulers and then dragging out a guide prior to doing the work is not only tedious, but it is also difficult to "experiment" with adjusting the alignment because the guide will first have to be moved. Having an on-demand full window crosshair makes all these tasks wonderfully easy. :)
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: I don't understand the advantage of a full window cross hair.
In none of those cases will automatic guides work.

Showing the rulers and then dragging out a guide prior to doing the work is not only tedious, but it is also difficult to "experiment" with adjusting the alignment because the guide will first have to be moved. Having an on-demand full window crosshair makes all these tasks wonderfully easy. :)
I have to admit that a full window cross-hair would be great for such work. But as an option - having it active 100% of the time would be distracting at times as well. Perhaps when the Caps Lock is turned on?
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:The panel "magnifier" can do that.
Almost, but not quite: the magnifier cross-hair is too small (the Greenshot one is exactly one pixel wide), and it does not snap to zoomed pixels. These two additions would be handy to have for the Magnifier panel. And it does not follow the mouse cursor, of course.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: [I have to admit that a full window cross-hair would be great for such work. But as an option - having it active 100% of the time would be distracting at times as well. Perhaps when the Caps Lock is turned on?
Oh yes, you're absolutely right. Using the CapsLock would interfere with text entry, but as I recall, back in the days of Micrografx Designer, the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+H" toggled the crosshairs on and off. So it was dead simple & quick to instantly get the crosshairs only when you needed them. I probably used them less than 10% of the time....
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Problem with this SVG file

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 Pro x64 SP1
PL 19.40b10 x64

Wikipedia makes available an SVG version of the Confederate Battle Flag:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Conf ... l_Flag.svg

It should look like this:
Confederate battle flag correct.png
and IE11 correctly shows it as so.

However, when opened in PL, it looks like this:
Confederate battle flag PL.png
By way of comparison, CorelDraw X5 and Adobe Illustrator CS5 fare even worse:
Confederate battle flag CDR & AI b.jpg
Any ideas why the PL stars are so small?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

Wow, an intresting indicator to test SVG imports of different software.
What I can tell is, if a browser can open a SVG file correctly but PL can not, I use RSVG to fix the file.
And after convert of (svg 2 svg) of rsvg, the file displayed correctly. And this software saved many damaged SVG's for me and let me open in PL. If a browser can open, this converter also opens.

It is open source and the code of it can be revieved to understand it's way to inspire for PL

Here comes their websites;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tumagcc/
http://opensourcepack.blogspot.com/p/converter.html
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Problem with this SVG file

Beitrag von photoken »

evren,

Thanks for the links to those conversion utilities. I'll take a look at them later, but it sounds like they could be very useful.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Sa 14 Nov 2015 21:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Wow, that is one troublesome SVG: even InkScape loads it up without the crop. But I believe it does not include a crop box?
evren
Mitglied

The new layer selection behaviour insistly conflicts with move

Beitrag von evren »

I tried to get used to new arrow key behaviour but technically impossible. Layers behind another are not clickable. Moving the mouse over canvas do not effect, clicking on titlebar etc funny, sure not useful.

I would like to ask, which one is more important, selecting layers without mouse or moving layers precisely with without mouse?
There is CTRL+SHIFT key can be used to select layers. But the main function of arrow key should stay arrow key. This is the first time I couldn't use the beta release and switch back to old. Hope to get old behaviour as it senses.

All bests
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: The new layer selection behaviour insistly conflicts with move

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

evren hat geschrieben:I tried to get used to new arrow key behaviour but technically impossible. Layers behind another are not clickable. Moving the mouse over canvas do not effect, clicking on titlebar etc funny, sure not useful.

I would like to ask, which one is more important, selecting layers without mouse or moving layers precisely with without mouse?
There is CTRL+SHIFT key can be used to select layers. But the main function of arrow key should stay arrow key. This is the first time I couldn't use the beta release and switch back to old. Hope to get old behaviour as it senses.

All bests
Wholeheartedly agree. Just use a special shortcut combo to select layers with the keyboard. Or give us the option to turn it off.