Neue Testversion 19.40b14

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

Re: Req: Vector Lasso -- close path

Beitrag von Martin Stricker »

photoken hat geschrieben:While using the Vector Lasso, I think that the lasso should be automatically closed with a vector line when switching tools or using Tool...Lasso...Convert to Layer (Ctrl+J).
I don't like the idea of closing a path automatically. What happens if you switch your tool, for example by accident? Now your path is closed and you getting into much more trouble. On the other hand it's so easy to move the cursor on the starting point of your path and just click to close it. By the way that's how most tools in other applications work.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:I don't like the idea of closing a path automatically.
The point is that the Vector Lasso is already being closed automatically. The last path segment simply isn't shown, leaving a bizarre-looking vector shape and making it difficult to add points, etc., to the invisible edge.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:I don't like the idea of closing a path automatically.
The point is that the Vector Lasso is already being closed automatically. The last path segment simply isn't shown, leaving a bizarre-looking vector shape and making it difficult to add points, etc., to the invisible edge.
Seems that for some tools (brush, Text tool), the vector shape is closed (by a curved edge, like if you close the vector path manually), for others, it remains open (colour picker, vector objects, crop tool), even if you switch to another tool which normally closes the path. If you create a mask from the open vector lasso shape, you'll have a straight edge. This should probably be more consistent.

I don't have a preference whether the vector path will be closed automatically – you can always use "undo" if this happens by accident. It would also be nice if one could continue a closed vector lasso by adding more points, as for the Bézier path tool. There's always CMD-click to start a new subpath.

Btw., it would be nice if Shift-close path could close the path using a straight line, same for the Bézier path tool.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:Seems that for some tools (brush, Text tool), the vector shape is closed (by a curved edge, like if you close the vector path manually), for others, it remains open (colour picker, vector objects, crop tool), even if you switch to another tool which normally closes the path.
The Vector Lasso tool is a lasso, which by definition must always be a closed path because it is defining an area that will be manipulated later.

The other vector drawing tools are creating independent vector shapes which can legitimately be either closed or not closed. For example, the Curve Creation tool can be used to create a sine curve as a design element or the tool can create a closed shape that will have a fill colour.

All that is as it should be.

The problem with the Vector Lasso tool is that the visible outline it creates is missing the last automatically drawn path segment. This happens when another tool is selected, or when the Vector Lasso is made into a layer using Tool...Lasso...Convert Lasso to Layer (Ctrl+J). This leads to the awkward situations I described earlier.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:Seems that for some tools (brush, Text tool), the vector shape is closed (by a curved edge, like if you close the vector path manually), for others, it remains open (colour picker, vector objects, crop tool), even if you switch to another tool which normally closes the path.
The Vector Lasso tool is a lasso, which by definition must always be a closed path because it is defining an area that will be manipulated later.
That's equally true for ordinary vector paths, at least as soon as you specify a fill colour or use them as layer masks or clipping layers. No reason for vector lassos to behave differently. But as I wrote: I'm not against vector lassos being closed paths – maybe it would be easiest if they were created like ordinary Bézier vector paths with the "close path" option on. In this way, you can easily add more points and don't have to close the curve at a tool change.

Btw., closing a curved vector path normally results in a curved line between end point and starting point, not a straight line. Not a problem in your example, though, because first and last segments are straight lines.
photoken hat geschrieben:The problem with the Vector Lasso tool is that the visible outline it creates is missing the last automatically drawn path segment. This happens when another tool is selected, or when the Vector Lasso is made into a layer using Tool...Lasso...Convert Lasso to Layer (Ctrl+J). This leads to the awkward situations I described earlier.
The problem only arises when you convert these layers to ordinary vector layers, they work fine as clipping layers.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben: The Vector Lasso tool is a lasso, which by definition must always be a closed path because it is defining an area that will be manipulated later.
That's equally true for ordinary vector paths, at least as soon as you specify a fill colour or use them as layer masks or clipping layers. No reason for vector lassos to behave differently.
As I said, "ordinary" vector tools are used to create two types of shapes -- closed and open. The Vector Lasso tool must behave differently because it is a lasso.
bkh hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:The problem with the Vector Lasso tool is that the visible outline it creates is missing the last automatically drawn path segment. This happens when another tool is selected, or when the Vector Lasso is made into a layer using Tool...Lasso...Convert Lasso to Layer (Ctrl+J). This leads to the awkward situations I described earlier.
The problem only arises when you convert these layers to ordinary vector layers, they work fine as clipping layers.
As I said in my first message, even though they work fine as clipping layers, not having the last path segment displayed as a line leads to bizarre-looking clipping layers and makes modifying the clipping layer more difficult.

Again, the point of this request is not about vector lasso shapes being closed (they should be, of course) but about not having the vector shape completely defined by lines.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b14

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I agree with Ken here: the intent of the vector lasso tool is to create selections, and when these are converted, we tend to use them for clipping masks. Which ought to be closed automatically during conversion.

If I want to draw a shape, I will use the intended vector drawing tools for that. If I want to create a vector mask from a selection I will use the lasso tools - which includes the vector lasso tool. Being forced to close the path afterwards is a workflow pain point. The other lasso tools DO generate closed paths by default. So should the vector lasso tool.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

Ich schreib jetzt mal auf deutsch, weil mein englisch nicht so toll ist.
Ich hatte mir das Vektorlasso als neues Werkzeug gewünscht unter anderem, weil das Kurveneingabe-Werkzeug die Pfade geschlossen zeichnet (es gab auch noch andere Gründe). Klar gibt es beim Kurveneingabe-Werkzeug die Möglichkeit, "Pfade schließen" zu deaktivieren, sobald man aber den Pfad manuell geschlossen hat, wird der nächste ebenfalls wieder geschlossen gezeichnet. Außerdem kann man beim Vektorlasso, sobald der Pfad geschlossen ist, einen Unterpfad zeichnen ohne eine oder mehrere Modifikationstasten zu drücken. Ich stelle sehr viel Schmuck mit dem Vektorlasso frei, dabei handelt es sich nicht nur um einfache Objekte wie Ringe, sondern häufig auch um Ketten mit vielen Gliedern, wodurch sehr viele Unterpfade entstehen. Würde sich jetzt auch das Vektorlasso wie die Kurveneingabe verhalten, wäre das definitiv ein Grund für mich wieder mit PS zu arbeiten. Das schreib ich jetzt nicht, weil ich beleidigt bin, sondern weil ich meine Arbeit erledigen muss. :|
Anders gesagtes es mir wichtig, dass das Vektorlasso nicht geschossen angezeigt wird, weil dadurch das zeichnen erschwert wird. Außerdem ist es mir wichtig, dass ich keine Modifikationstaste drücken muss um einen Unterpfad im Vektorlasso anzulegen, das wäre sonst absolut nervtötend.

Was ich mir viel mehr wünschen würde wäre die Möglichkeit bei den Lasso-Werkzeugen die gestrichelte Linie auszublenden. Wäre z.B. Hilfreich für Retuschearbeiten.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:Anders gesagtes es mir wichtig, dass das Vektorlasso nicht geschossen angezeigt wird, weil dadurch das zeichnen erschwert wird. Außerdem ist es mir wichtig, dass ich keine Modifikationstaste drücken muss um einen Unterpfad im Vektorlasso anzulegen, das wäre sonst absolut nervtötend.
Klingt einleuchtend. Was soll denn deiner Meinung nach PL machen, wenn das Vektorlasso noch offen ist und man auf ein anderes Werkzeug wechselt? Lasso offen lassen, mit gerader Linie abschließen oder sich so verhalten, als hätte man auf den Anfangspunkt geklickt (also ggf. mit Kurve abschließen)? Jedenfalls sollte meiner Meinung nach das Verhalten einheitlich sein und nicht je nach Werkzeug unterschiedlich.

Ehrlich gesagt überlege ich, ob man dann nicht die Kurveneingabe an das Vektorlasso anpassen sollte. Wenn man die Werkzeuge abwechselnd verwendet, finde ich das unterschiedliche Verhalten schon verwirrend. Ich habe auch schon oft versehentlich an eine geschlossene Kurve neue Punkte angefügt, obwohl ich eigentlich einen neuen Teilpfad beginnen wollte. Wenn man tatsächlich den Pfad noch fortsetzen will, kann man ja ggf. das Häkchen entfernen. Neue Pfade grundsätzlich offen anzufangen kann ich mir auch gut vorstellen.
Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:Was ich mir viel mehr wünschen würde wäre die Möglichkeit bei den Lasso-Werkzeugen die gestrichelte Linie auszublenden. Wäre z.B. Hilfreich für Retuschearbeiten.
Das geht doch über die Werkzeugleiste (von den vier Maskensymbolen das links unten), oder habe ich dich missverstanden.

L.G.

Burkhard.
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

bkh hat geschrieben: Klingt einleuchtend. Was soll denn deiner Meinung nach PL machen, wenn das Vektorlasso noch offen ist und man auf ein anderes Werkzeug wechselt? Lasso offen lassen, mit gerader Linie abschließen oder sich so verhalten, als hätte man auf den Anfangspunkt geklickt (also ggf. mit Kurve abschließen)? Jedenfalls sollte meiner Meinung nach das Verhalten einheitlich sein und nicht je nach Werkzeug unterschiedlich.
Ich bin mit dem Verhalten wie es jetzt ist eigentlich zufrieden und stelle das einheitliche Funktionieren hinter den praktischen Nutzen. :wink:
bkh hat geschrieben: Neue Pfade grundsätzlich offen anzufangen kann ich mir auch gut vorstellen.
Damit könnte ich leben. :)
bkh hat geschrieben:
Das geht doch über die Werkzeugleiste (von den vier Maskensymbolen das links unten), oder habe ich dich missverstanden.
Stimmt das geht, wo kann ich dafür einen Shortcut vergeben?. Am besten fände ich es aber, wenn man mit einem Shortcut gleichzeitig alle Justierhilfen, inkl. Maskenlinien aus- und einblenden könnte. In PS geht das mit dem Shortcut H.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I agree. The current behaviour while working with the vector lasso (unclosed) works really well for me too. It should not be changed, in my opinion. It is a bit of a moot point anyway, since we can activate mask mode while working with any lasso tool, and a closed preview will be displayed.

What would be handy perhaps at times is a quick shortcut key command to close the current selection path without having to click on the first node.

However, when/if the finished selection is converted to a clipping mask, the path should be automatically closed - that is how it works with the other selection tools after conversion. I do agree with Ken on this point.
Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:Ich schreib jetzt mal auf deutsch, weil mein englisch nicht so toll ist.
Ich hatte mir das Vektorlasso als neues Werkzeug gewünscht unter anderem, weil das Kurveneingabe-Werkzeug die Pfade geschlossen zeichnet (es gab auch noch andere Gründe). Klar gibt es beim Kurveneingabe-Werkzeug die Möglichkeit, "Pfade schließen" zu deaktivieren, sobald man aber den Pfad manuell geschlossen hat, wird der nächste ebenfalls wieder geschlossen gezeichnet. Außerdem kann man beim Vektorlasso, sobald der Pfad geschlossen ist, einen Unterpfad zeichnen ohne eine oder mehrere Modifikationstasten zu drücken. Ich stelle sehr viel Schmuck mit dem Vektorlasso frei, dabei handelt es sich nicht nur um einfache Objekte wie Ringe, sondern häufig auch um Ketten mit vielen Gliedern, wodurch sehr viele Unterpfade entstehen. Würde sich jetzt auch das Vektorlasso wie die Kurveneingabe verhalten, wäre das definitiv ein Grund für mich wieder mit PS zu arbeiten. Das schreib ich jetzt nicht, weil ich beleidigt bin, sondern weil ich meine Arbeit erledigen muss. :|
Anders gesagtes es mir wichtig, dass das Vektorlasso nicht geschossen angezeigt wird, weil dadurch das zeichnen erschwert wird. Außerdem ist es mir wichtig, dass ich keine Modifikationstaste drücken muss um einen Unterpfad im Vektorlasso anzulegen, das wäre sonst absolut nervtötend.

Was ich mir viel mehr wünschen würde wäre die Möglichkeit bei den Lasso-Werkzeugen die gestrichelte Linie auszublenden. Wäre z.B. Hilfreich für Retuschearbeiten.

Martin
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:
Stimmt das geht, wo kann ich dafür einen Shortcut vergeben?.
Bei den Voreinstellungen unter Bedienung -> Tastenbelegung -> Bildwerkzeugen ziemlich am Ende: Lasso anzeigen/verstecken.
Martin Stricker hat geschrieben: Am besten fände ich es aber, wenn man mit einem Shortcut gleichzeitig alle Justierhilfen, inkl. Maskenlinien aus- und einblenden könnte. In PS geht das mit dem Shortcut H.
Das wäre allerdings nicht schlecht. Mit einer Taste alles "Gedöns" ausschalten und mit der gleichen Taste wieder zurück zur letzten Einstellung.

L.G.

Burkhard.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I agree. The current behaviour while working with the vector lasso (unclosed) works really well for me too. It should not be changed, in my opinion. It is a bit of a moot point anyway, since we can activate mask mode while working with any lasso tool, and a closed preview will be displayed.
This isn't a "closed" preview, at least not if you use curve points (try closing the lasso in the included sample file). What the mask shows is a straight edge between the endpoints. Still, I'd be happy to leave the lasso open while drawing it.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:However, when/if the finished selection is converted to a clipping mask, the path should be automatically closed - that is how it works with the other selection tools after conversion. I do agree with Ken on this point.
But this means that the clipping layer will be different from the mask that's used for painting etc (as soon as the lasso uses curve points). I've attached a sample file – load the file and switch to a vector shape tool, then re-load and switch to a brush or the eraser. Two different masks. What's more: go to the brush tool first, then pick a vector shape – the lasso remains open. Imo, every tool change should either close the lasso (use Undo if it was by accident), or else the lasso should remain open, regardless of what happens later. I'm slightly in favour of auto-closing – having a partial lasso around while not drawing it looks strange. Auto-closing might also mean to connect the open ends by a straight line, maybe that would be least surprising for the user.

Cheers

Burkhard.

Btw., the forum software doesn't let me attach pld files, so I zipped it up.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben: I'm slightly in favour of auto-closing – having a partial lasso around while not drawing it looks strange.
Yep. That is all I'm asking for -- the Vector Lasso is creating a closed shape (a mask, in other words) and when the Vector Lasso shape is converted to a layer the lack of a line defining the last path segment not only looks strange but also makes it more difficult to modify that last path segment.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small bug(?) related to the Color Editor.

1) switch to the Tints.
2) select a colour in the bottom colour chooser.

Result: the tints disappear, and the Color Editor switches back to RGB, CMYK, LAB, HSV, or CMYK depending on what you were working with before you switched to Tints. You then have to manually switch back to the tints again to see the colour update.

Preferred behaviour: the tints should update in real-time without forcing the user to manually switch back and forth, and remain active.

In addition, there is still no simple method, as far as I am aware, to copy a tint range to either document colours or the Colors library/swatches.