Neue Testversion 19.40b7

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b7

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben: Why does Adobe let Illustrator put print ready informations in AI-files,
I don't know, but it seems like a natural thing to do for any program when saving in its "native" format. Since there's no telling when an image will actually be printed, the program has to support retaining all the editing info through multiple closings and openings of the file.

You're right about one thing, though -- whether or not AI included PDF info for printing (and whether or not that PDF has included additional content info to allow subsequent editing), I think it's important for PL to use the actual AI layer editing info when opening these files.
Eurgail hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:I've got some other AI files that I created a long time ago that open OK in PL, so that's why I raised the question about these template files.
I believe there are no non-printing layers in it, are they? =-O
Oh, no, definitely no non-printing layers in those test files. :)

I'm raising this issue as part of the larger question of PL support for importing Adobe documents:

Since Illustrator and Photoshop have been the de facto "standard" vector and image editing apps for so long, there is a huge base of freely available AI and PS files that are quite useful. For example, there are templates like this one, and also Illustrator pattern files. Examples of pattern files are cartography and materials patterns that are used to quickly fill a shape with symbols denoting grassland, or pasture, or swamp, or metals, or wood, etc.

I'll take it one step at a time -- first get PL to support these AI templates, then see how well importing AI patterns goes.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Eurgail hat geschrieben: Why does Adobe let Illustrator put print ready informations in AI-files,
I don't know, but it seems like a natural thing to do for any program when saving in its "native" format. Since there's no telling when an image will actually be printed, the program has to support retaining all the editing info through multiple closings and openings of the file.
That wasn't my point. I only was wondering about the use of print ready PDF informations in an AI-file. :-)
I think, if one want a file for printing there is a "save as PDF option" in Illustrator (and the PDF file can be opened from everyone with a free PDF viewer obviously and not hidden like the AI-file with PDF attachment) and only for previewing the content of the AI-file firstly a simple preview image that shows the file as it is (and not print ready) as it is inlcuded in PhotoLine-documents is enough or even better (this complex and big PDF content inside the AI-file is not necessary then) and secondly a print ready picture confuses perhaps as in our case here...
But that's not important and not a discussion for this thread and this forum...I only worte my thoughts down... :-)
photoken hat geschrieben:[...], I think it's important for PL to use the actual AI layer editing info when opening these files.
That's a point for a feature request. :-)
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben: But that's not important and not a discussion for this thread and this forum...I only worte my thoughts down... :-)
Cool. I was just thinking out loud, too. :)
Eurgail hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:[...], I think it's important for PL to use the actual AI layer editing info when opening these files.
That's a point for a feature request. :-)
For now, I'll leave it as a problem report.... :wink:
Ken
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

photoken hat geschrieben:[...] whether or not AI included PDF info for printing (and whether or not that PDF has included additional content info to allow subsequent editing), I think it's important for PL to use the actual AI layer editing info when opening these files.
I thougt about this phrase again and don't find it a good idea, if PhotoLine will open PDF files with Ai content as Ai-files.
The full support of Ai-files is nearly impossible for third party applications. It's the same with PSD files, but since PhotoLine has an assimilable functionality and behaviour (like Photoshop), PhotoLine can work with it much better. The Vector objects of Ai-files will be no problem, sure. But how to get the filter effects of Illustrator in PhotoLine? It makes much more sense to get the rendered drop shadow (of the PDF content) for example then - nothing. How succesful is CorelDraw here?

photoken hat geschrieben:For now, I'll leave it as a problem report.... :wink:
I got your problem, - but PhotoLine has no problem with Ai-files, it simply doesn't support them at all. :-)
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:The Vector objects of Ai-files will be no problem, sure. But how to get the filter effects of Illustrator in PhotoLine?
The effects will be a long-term "work in progress", for sure, mapping the Illustrator effects to the closest PL effects/styles.

Right now, it's important to get the import of AI templates right, using that relatively simple Avery template as an example. As I said, there are a huge number of such template resources available and it makes sense to me for PL to be able to take advantage of them.
Eurgail hat geschrieben:It makes much more sense to get the rendered drop shadow (of the PDF content) for example then - nothing. How succesful is CorelDraw here?
I know absolutely nothing about the technical content of AI files, so I'll take your word for what's there. If I get some time, I'll do some tests with AI, CDR and PL....
Ken
arnold_s
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b7 -> 19.02

Beitrag von arnold_s »

arnold_s hat geschrieben: Ich habe nur traurig festgestellt, dass der von Photoline-Neulingen oft gesuchte Vollbild-schließen-Button es nicht aus der B7 (da scheint es das bei mir zu geben) in die 19.02 geschafft hat.
Gibt es da noch Hoffnung?
Ich hatte schon mehrfach Newbie-Nutzer, die sich im Vollbild gefangen fühlten.
Bei 19.03 offenbar jetzt drin. Danke, das ist super!
bkh
Betatester

Re: Req: Center the clicked point when using Magnifier

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:When using the Magnifier tool and clicking on a point in an image, I'd like to have the new zoom magnification centered on that clicked point.

The Help states that the clicked position is centered, but that is not what happens.
On OS X, zooming is centered at the mouse (click) position. Feels much more natural than moving the clicked posiiton to the centre of the window, imo, and also makes it easy to click more than once. It's also consistent with what the zoom wheel does.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben: On OS X, zooming is centered at the mouse (click) position.
Not on Windows.

The behaviour should be as described in the Help:
6.2.3 The Magnifier
The magnifier is used for zooming the picture in or out.

By clicking into the picture the zoom factor is doubled, and the click position is centered.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bkh hat geschrieben: On OS X, zooming is centered at the mouse (click) position.
Not on Windows.

The behaviour should be as described in the Help:
6.2.3 The Magnifier
The magnifier is used for zooming the picture in or out.

By clicking into the picture the zoom factor is doubled, and the click position is centered.
Actually, on Windows the zooming is centered on the mouse position as well when clicking with the magnifier tool. At least, for me that is the way it works.
ps Ken: are you aware you can use the right mouse button to smoothly zoom in and out?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Actually, on Windows the zooming is centered on the mouse position as well when clicking with the magnifier tool. At least, for me that is the way it works.
Not for me. If I click with the Magnifier on a point well off the center of the image, the point clicked on is not centered in the new zoom.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:ps Ken: are you aware you can use the right mouse button to smoothly zoom in and out?
No, I wasn't. Wow! Thanks for that tip -- works really well. You might mention this in the other discussion because it probably solves the zooming requirement described there.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Actually, on Windows the zooming is centered on the mouse position as well when clicking with the magnifier tool. At least, for me that is the way it works.
Not for me. If I click with the Magnifier on a point well off the center of the image, the point clicked on is not centered in the new zoom.
You seem to expect the clicked point to move to the centre of the document window, if I understand you correctly. However, the point clicked is the centre of the zoom, i.e., stays in place, and everything else moves away from there.

Seems the manual is a bit misleading. The German manual says that "the mouse pointer is positioned at the centre of the zoom". Maybe an earlier version of PL actually moved the mouse pointer to the middle of the document window (doesn't work with tablets having absolute mouse positioning).

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben: You seem to expect the clicked point to move to the centre of the document window, if I understand you correctly. .
Yes, that's what I'm expecting.
bkh hat geschrieben:However, the point clicked is the centre of the zoom, i.e., stays in place, and everything else moves away from there.
That behaviour is quite useless, IMO. If I'm interested in a point in the image, I want to have that point (and its immediate surroundings) available in the newly zoomed image. As it is now, the surroundings of that point very often are off screen in the newly zoomed image.

The English Help description of the click position being centered is what should happen.
Ken
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

photoken hat geschrieben:That behaviour is quite useless, IMO. If I'm interested in a point in the image, I want to have that point (and its immediate surroundings) available in the newly zoomed image. As it is now, the surroundings of that point very often are off screen in the newly zoomed image.

The English Help description of the click position being centered is what should happen.
Moving the clicked point to the center instead of keeping it under the cursor feels quite ugly when you click more than once or use the wheel. There is another content beneath your cursor after the first click, and your point of interest escapes to the opposite direction after the 2nd click. You would have to center your cursor, too, and such automatic movement just feels ugly.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:Moving the clicked point to the center instead of keeping it under the cursor feels quite ugly when you click more than once or use the wheel.
Not at all.

Corel's PhotoPaint (the raster image editing component of their CorelDraw Graphics Suite) does that and it's a very sweet way of working -- every click of its Magnifier tool centers the clicked point in the editing area and makes it very easy to zoom in on the detail of interest and work on the area surrounding it.

CorelDraw itself does this, too, and it's equally sweet when working with vectors to have the clicked point centered in the editing area.

Adobe Illustrator also centers the clicked point in the editing area.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:Corel's PhotoPaint (the raster image editing component of their CorelDraw Graphics Suite) does that and it's a very sweet way of working -- every click of its Magnifier tool centers the clicked point in the editing area and makes it very easy to zoom in on the detail of interest and work on the area surrounding it.
In PL, you can draw a rectangle around the area of interest with the loupe tool and have that area centered in the document window. Maybe that's useful.

Cheers

Burkhard.