Neue Testversion 19.40b17

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 19.40b17

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 19.40b17.

Windows:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/pl1940b17.zip

Mac OS:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/plx1940b17.zip

Neues:
  • Vektorfüllmuster abgeschlossen
  • Bildübersicht: Freie Anordnung der Bilder abgeschlossen
  • Füllmuster können im Dokument bearbeitet werden
  • Onlinehilfe aktualisiert
bkh
Betatester

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b17

Beitrag von bkh »

Ich kann die Mac-Version leider nicht herunterladen (Fehler 404 – Seite nicht gefunden).

L.G.

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Prob: Pasting into Pattern List crashes PL

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 Pro x64 SP1
PL 19.40b17 x64

When attempting to paste either a vector shape or a raster image into the Pattern List, PL crashes.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create either a vector shape or a raster object.
  2. Copy that shape or object to the Clipboard.
  3. Open the Pattern List.
  4. Try to paste into the list.
Result:
PL crashes.

Expected result:
Well, you know....
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Prob: Pasting into Pattern List crashes PL

Beitrag von Hoogo »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Result:
PL crashes.
Works here, WIn 8.1
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
photoken
Mitglied

Problem fixed -- Thanks!

Beitrag von photoken »

The problem with the paint tool starting a stroke with a blob:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... %3A#p38283
has been fixed.

Thanks!
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Vector Lasso automatically closed -- Nice!

Beitrag von photoken »

When using the Vector Lasso tool, if I haven't clicked on the beginning point to close the lasso, switching away from the Vector Lasso tool now automatically closes the shape. Very nice! This definitely helps to edit the shape when converted to a layer. Thanks! :)
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Have you guys noticed the new pattern and texture controls in the view? Awesome!!! So much more controllable, and instantly modernized!

Thank you!
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win7 Pro x64 SP1
PL 19.40b17 x64

When attempting to paste either a vector shape or a raster image into the Pattern List, PL crashes.

Steps to reproduce:
Result:
PL crashes.

Expected result:
Well, you know....
Yes, I can confirm this. It seems to happen when I copied a bitmap selection, then switch to the patterns, and click on the contextual dropdown menu. But if I first click on an existing pattern, and then right-mouse click to paste the new pattern, it works.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Never noticed this before, but today I removed all the existing textures in the textures panel.

...and I could not add a new one! When I restarted Photoline, one new texture appeared out of the blue.

There really ought to be a + button to add a new texture, in my opinion. It is a bit strange that the only method to add a new texture, is to copy another one first.

Btw, Photoline crashes all the time now when I use the textures or pattern panel. Not always, but regularly. Can't really put my finger on it why yet.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Yes, I can confirm this. It seems to happen when I copied a bitmap selection, then switch to the patterns, and click on the contextual dropdown menu. But if I first click on an existing pattern, and then right-mouse click to paste the new pattern, it works.
Yes, you are correct about first needing to click on an existing pattern. I hadn't tried that. If I first either try to use the dropdown menu or right-click in the pattern area, BOOM! :(
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Have you guys noticed the new pattern and texture controls in the view? Awesome!!! So much more controllable, and instantly modernized!
Where is that?
Ken
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben:Ich kann die Mac-Version leider nicht herunterladen (Fehler 404 – Seite nicht gefunden).
Martin hat mir wieder ein großes "B" in den Dateinamen gemogelt. Ich habe das geändert, jetzt müsste der Link funktionieren.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I was contemplating the most efficient way to update Photoline's outdated drawing tools and brush engine to a modern one, and I discovered that the MyPaint brush engine library is available to anyone for implementation in their software, whether commercial or otherwise.

The MyPaint brush engine is quite advanced, and the library can be downloaded here:
https://github.com/mypaint/libmypaint/
https://github.com/mypaint/libmypaint/

It is actually already implemented in commercial products such as Pixelmator and PostWorkShop. A mobile iOS app called "Drawing Brush Free - Paint, Draw, Sketch" is makes use of it as well. The latest beta versions of GIMP also include the same library.

To test this brush engine, download the Windows version of MyPaint here:
http://www.opensourcepack.blogspot.ca/2 ... -pygi.html

The amount of control is excellent. Open the Brush Settings to access all the various settings. Also quite brilliant: an icon for a brush can be created by the user - very nice.

What do you think? I feel this is worth investigating.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Have you guys noticed the new pattern and texture controls in the view? Awesome!!! So much more controllable, and instantly modernized!
Where is that?
Select an object with a pattern or texture, and switch to the Edit Vector Points tool (V). Then be stunned into silence as you take full control over the pattern placement, rotation, skewing, and scaling with the new widget controls.

This also works for objects which have a pattern or texture applied to the stroke. In that case TWO widgets are available. Just pay attention to the fact that one widget might obscure the other one.

They are really well implemented, and very intuitive to use. Better than Fireworks. Photoshop eat your heart out - it looks stone-age compared.

After some playing around I have to say it is one of the best pattern fill control GUI and feature set I have encountered so far. The additional vector fill controls to change the grid settings are extremely cool to have as well. In other applications I would have had to manually change the pattern to achieve the same effect.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Select an object with a pattern or texture, and switch to the Edit Vector Points tool (V).
Yes, thanks, I had found that -- the key was to already have a vector pattern in the object.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:They are really well implemented, and very intuitive to use.
I agree. They can be really nice, and using the widgets in the main editing window is excellent!

However, there are bizarre problems when using a single vector line as the pattern. Rotating the pattern causes the vector lines to become blurred, or become a strange "chunky" vector effect, or disappear entirely -- all depending on the angle of rotation. A little more work is needed for this case. When the vector pattern is a shape, things work really well.

For the specific case of creating a hatch fill of vector lines, this implementation is way too fussy and awkward -- I have to use the editing dialog to stretch out the pattern, save the pattern and apply it to the object, then use the widget to stretch or compress the pattern. Everything is blind guesswork. If the result doesn't look quite right, I have to repeat all those steps. For this case, simply specifying the width of the line and the space between the lines would be best.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the colour of the fill.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: The additional vector fill controls to change the grid settings are extremely cool to have as well.
Yes. I was able to use a vector shape and reduce the spacing so that the pattern overlapped, much like fish scales! Really cool.
Ken