Neue Testversion 19.90b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.90b1

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I have a great new feature in mind: adjustment layer effects for layer styles.
I also don't understand the benefits of implementing such a complicated layer style option.... :?
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:The effect is really nice. But isn't it already easily and non-destructively available via an adjustment layer with (vector) layer mask?
Of course it is - but what I am proposing goes much, much deeper: we could apply any adjustment effect inside a layer style, which :
1) creates re-usable effects with adjustments;
2) cleans up the layer stack, easier to organize and manage;
3) allows us to save these as layer styles, and share those with other files.

Everyone knows that a drop shadow can be easily generated without layer effects; but as a layer style it becomes far more efficient and easier to work with.

And I seem to recall that Martin mentioned a similar idea a while ago - integrating the adjustment layers with the layer styles.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

I'm still skeptical.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:1) creates re-usable effects with adjustments;
I think any adjustments applied to the layer style would still need to be modified for other images, anyway, so applying a separate adjustment layer works just as well.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: 2) cleans up the layer stack, easier to organize and manage;
Collapsing the child layers does that. Having the adjustment as a child layer also makes it easier to make changes directly to the adjustment without having to first open the layer styles dialog and then navigate to the adjustment area.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: 3) allows us to save these as layer styles, and share those with other files.
OK, but it's really not that onerous to simply create adjustment layers as needed....
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

All true, as it would be true for many of the layer effects :-)

It would be pretty handy, though. And I believe Martin mentioned having similar musings. We'll see.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

After working for a while with the new placeholder options, I would like to express my thanks again!

Very complex artwork can really bog down Photoline at times, and converting the artwork (or parts of it) to an embedded placeholder speeds up the rendering immensely. With allowing us this freedom to either work with the full layers or embedding it (or even virtual layers), you (Hubers) grant us a lot of flexibility to manage and organize our work.

Way better than, let's say, Photoshop and most other competing products.

Three things now stand in the way of the "perfect" web, screen, and mobile layout tool:
1) a library function. For easy re-using of assets, embedded placeholders and virtual layers could be saved in a library panel, and instances would then be dragged from there in the document(s). Updating the library item results in updating the asset in all document(s). This would also be super handy for dtp work.
2) a master page option. Even a simple one would do, like the one in Fireworks. Again this would also be ultra-useful for dtp work.
3) a method to export layers with export settings linked to each layer. I mentioned this one before. In Photoshop this is solved with Generator, and file names and settings typed in the layer names. This is obscure, though, and a simple export preset button in the layer properties with a preview dialog (the existing web export dialog could be used) would be awesome to have.

Of the three, I feel (3) is the most urgent one for me personally. It takes a lot of time exporting my assets out of Photoline in the appropriate file formats. In Photoshop it literally takes no time at all after deciding on the output options once for each layer or layer group, because once Generator is active, each change made to a layer is immediately exported as a new version, and overwrites the old one. But I do not work in Photoshop anymore, and this is the most sorely missed feature for me.

Please consider adding a function to simplify the export process in Photoline - the layer export works, but it is very time consuming having to repeat setting the export options again, and again, and again. A simple option to somehow link the web export dialog settings to specific layers for later export is becoming rather essential nowadays.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: 1) a library function. For easy re-using of assets, embedded placeholders and virtual layers could be saved in a library panel, and instances would then be dragged from there in the document(s). Updating the library item results in updating the asset in all document(s). This would also be super handy for dtp work.
Yes, I agree. That would be very useful in many circumstances, not only for DTP work.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:2) a master page option. Even a simple one would do, like the one in Fireworks. Again this would also be ultra-useful for dtp work.
Yes, absolutely.

(Not bad, 123. Two for three. :wink: )
Ken
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Mir ist gerade aufgefallen, dass bei der Berechnung von Verrechnungsmodi Ebeneneffekte (zum Beispiel ein Schatten) mit einbezogen werden.
Ich weiss, dass eine Änderung hier weitreichende Folgen hat, aber wäre es nicht grundsätzlich anders praktischer? Also dass eine Ebene trotz Verrechnungsmodus vollständig deckend ist.
photoken
Mitglied

Bleed settings for Export to PDF ?

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 Pro x64 SP1
PL 19.90b1 x64

When I export a document to PDF, the resulting file shows too much of the background image layer instead of limiting the image to the bleed amount.

For example, on an A4 document with the PDF bleed set to 4mm, and the cut markers set to 6mm, this is the view in the PL editing window (the guide lines are for the margins of the "safe" area):
BB 01 PL.jpg
BB 01 PL.jpg (90.31 KiB) 1681 mal betrachtet
The exported PDF shows too much of the image area, making the cut markers useless:
BB 01 PDF e.jpg
BB 01 PDF e.jpg (93.2 KiB) 1678 mal betrachtet
I expected that the image area would only extend out to the 4mm bleed that is specified. Am I missing something?
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:I expected that the image area would only extend out to the 4mm bleed that is specified. Am I missing something?
The bleed amount is an additional 4 mm outside the visible part of the document, so you're getting 10 mm outside the marked crop region if you're exporting PDF. It's probably best not to combine bleed and offset crop marks – they serve a similar purpose, but their effects add up.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Bleed settings for Export to PDF ?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:When I export a document to PDF, the resulting file shows too much of the background image layer instead of limiting the image to the bleed amount.
(...)
I expected that the image area would only extend out to the 4mm bleed that is specified. Am I missing something?
PhotoLine just guarantees that the page content extends beyond the page bounds by at least the bleed width.
It doesn't clip the page content to the bleed width.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Clip page content to bleed width

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: PhotoLine just guarantees that the page content extends beyond the page bounds by at least the bleed width.
It doesn't clip the page content to the bleed width.
Then, this is a feature request from me. Perhaps as an additional option in the PDF settings.

When exporting a document to PDF for submission to a service bureau for printing, it would make sense for PL to clip every layer on every page in every document to the bleed width.

Doing so will have significant benefits:
  • It will ensure that the cut marks will be visible and useful.
  • It will save money by not using ink needlessly. (This is also true when printing the document at home.)
  • It will make PL a very sweet and easy to use program for preparing documents for professional printing.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Add multiple guide presets to a document

Beitrag von photoken »

I've created two sets of guides, using formulas:
  • A "4mm bleed" set of guides which creates the guides showing the bleed width of 4mm.
  • A "1cm live" set of guides which creates the guides showing the safe area within the trim size of the document.
The problem is that I cannot apply both sets of guide presets to a document. Once one guide preset has been applied, selecting the other preset replaces the first set of guides with the second set of guides. :(

What I'd like to be able to do is to create a document with, for example, the "4mm bleed" set of guides; and then apply the "1cm live" set of guides in addition to the "4mm bleed" set of guides.
Ken
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Req: Add multiple guide presets to a document

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:The problem is that I cannot apply both sets of guide presets to a document. Once one guide preset has been applied, selecting the other preset replaces the first set of guides with the second set of guides. :(
Press and hold the Shift key, when you select the second guide preset.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: Add multiple guide presets to a document

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:The problem is that I cannot apply both sets of guide presets to a document. Once one guide preset has been applied, selecting the other preset replaces the first set of guides with the second set of guides. :(
Press and hold the Shift key, when you select the second guide preset.
Yes, I just discovered that, but too late to be able to delete the request. Thanks -- it's working great! :D
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

It would be nice if we could layer guide systems, like in other design software, preferably with an option to change the colours. With master page support! ;-)
Antworten