Neue Testversion 19.90b5

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 19.90b5

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 19.90b5.

Windows:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/pl1990b5.zip

Mac OS:
http://www.pl32.com/beta/plx1990b5.zip

Neues:
  • Linienstil: mit Startoffset und Eckenausrichtung
  • Bildübersicht: Bei manchen Formaten wird Transparenz angezeigt
  • Platzhalterebenen: Können als Ebenenmaske/Beschnittebene verwendet werden
  • diverse Kleinigkeiten
Eurgail
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.90b5

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Funktionieren bei mir allesamt hervorragend die neuen Funktionen und die neue Eckenausrichtung ist in Verbindung mit dem Startoffset einfach nur genial! :-)
(Bekomme damit deutlich leichter bessere Ergebnisse als sonst mit Illustrator. :twisted: )
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The fitting of the line style works well - but at times one of the corners acts up, and it will be cut off. *edit* I just noticed this is related to the zoom level: at certain intervals one of the corners is cut off.

Bug in browsers: JPG thumbnails are non-proportionally scaled to fill the thumbnail space, leading to distorted thumbnails. This does not happen to PLD, PNG, etc. files - only JPGs.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Some other strange things happening with fills. Please open the attached file.

When zooming out, the patterns jumps to a darker shade every so many zoom levels, and lightens when zooming in at certain zoom intervals. The same happens when the pattern's size is adjusted with the Edit Vector Points tool.

Also try fill2.pld: when the pattern's size is adjusted with the Edit Vector Points tool the sub-patterns in the patterns change visual size in the view. This makes it rather impossible to visually check the actual look of the fill.

I believe both issues are related, since it occurs both with zooming the view and by scaling the patterns.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

One more pattern fill bug, and a strange one! Please open fill3.pld.
http://estructor.altervista.org/pl/fill3.zip

Performance is fine at this point. Select the second layer, and use the vector point tool to move the pattern around, or rotate the pattern. No issues.

Then try to scale the pattern in ONE direction only, or skew the pattern.

BAM! Photoline slows down, and I cannot even switch back to the object tool. Zooming also becomes incredibly slow. The weird thing is that I can switch to tools such as the text tool, and then switch back to the object tool. But any time I select the layer with the patterned object, I can no longer switch to the object tool.

And the performance hit is terrible - Photoline becomes almost unusable.

I think I found a rather interesting bug!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I just noticed this is related to the zoom level: at certain intervals one of the corners is cut off.
Please provide a sample document and the zoom level to reproduce the problem.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Bug in browsers: JPG thumbnails are non-proportionally scaled to fill the thumbnail space, leading to distorted thumbnails. This does not happen to PLD, PNG, etc. files - only JPGs.
I will fix that.

Martin
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Habe vergessen zu erwähnen, dass es unter Ansicht jetzt auch einen "Mustermodus" gibt.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:When zooming out, the patterns jumps to a darker shade every so many zoom levels, and lightens when zooming in at certain zoom intervals.
I measured the average pixel values of the pattern with different zoom factors and the result was always about 15%.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:The same happens when the pattern's size is adjusted with the Edit Vector Points tool.
Yes, it shouldn't make any difference how you scale the pattern.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Also try fill2.pld: when the pattern's size is adjusted with the Edit Vector Points tool the sub-patterns in the patterns change visual size in the view. This makes it rather impossible to visually check the actual look of the fill.
I don't quite understand what you mean here, but patterns inside a pattern are currently not handled correctly, so that in your example the visual part of the subpattern will change by changing the pattern scaling.
I will fix that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:One more pattern fill bug, and a strange one! Please open fill3.pld.
http://estructor.altervista.org/pl/fill3.zip

Performance is fine at this point. Select the second layer, and use the vector point tool to move the pattern around, or rotate the pattern. No issues.

Then try to scale the pattern in ONE direction only, or skew the pattern.

BAM! Photoline slows down, and I cannot even switch back to the object tool. Zooming also becomes incredibly slow.
The pattern is flipped vertically. Flipped patterns are currently not cached correctly. I will fix that.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

"Perfect corners" -- WOW!

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:Funktionieren bei mir allesamt hervorragend die neuen Funktionen und die neue Eckenausrichtung ist in Verbindung mit dem Startoffset einfach nur genial! :-)
Oh YES!

The perfect corners can be achieved quickly and are outstanding! :mrgreen:

I was only looking for the ability to get perfect corners on rectangles used for coupon borders, but I've now tested them on rectangles, ellipses, and polygons -- I pushed and pulled and squeezed and rotated the objects and no matter what I try, the corners remain perfect:
perfect corners.jpg
Excellent work! Thank you...thank you...thank you! :D
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Habe vergessen zu erwähnen, dass es unter Ansicht jetzt auch einen "Mustermodus" gibt.
In English, does this refer to something like the "pitter patter of little feet"? :wink:
spelling.png
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

yes, that's it.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Habe vergessen zu erwähnen, dass es unter Ansicht jetzt auch einen "Mustermodus" gibt.
OMGs!!!

That. Is. Absolutely. AWESOME. That will be a huge selling point for anyone even remotely interested in texture creation.

I did encounter two problems in regards to workflow:
1) while it is possible to draw with a vector brush, it does not work yet with bitmap painting.
2) bitmap painting is very slow because all the copies are updated in real-time.

I think you are still working on these?

Otherwise, what a brilliant addition!

Oh, and you forgot the "n" at the end of "Pattern". Perhaps "Seamless Mode" would be a better English translation, seeing that "Pattern" is already in use in other places in Photoline, and "Seamless Mode" covers the meaning much better.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: "Perfect corners" -- WOW!

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Eurgail hat geschrieben:Funktionieren bei mir allesamt hervorragend die neuen Funktionen und die neue Eckenausrichtung ist in Verbindung mit dem Startoffset einfach nur genial! :-)
Oh YES!

The perfect corners can be achieved quickly and are outstanding! :mrgreen:

I was only looking for the ability to get perfect corners on rectangles used for coupon borders, but I've now tested them on rectangles, ellipses, and polygons -- I pushed and pulled and squeezed and rotated the objects and no matter what I try, the corners remain perfect:
perfect corners.jpg
Excellent work! Thank you...thank you...thank you! :D
Yes, this is an excellent implementation indeed. Thanks! Extremely useful.

The only thing missing now in the curves in Photoline is the ability to map either a bitmap brush or a vector brush along the paths. Add that option, and we are all set - you'll be able to compete directly with the likes of Illustrator, ClipStudio, etc.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

For me, at this point I am missing a symbols panel, with reuseable symbols that can be instanced anywhere on the page(s). When the symbol is updated, all the instances are updated as well.

Like virtual layers, but easily organized in a list panel. Really, this is the last thing needed for efficient layouting in Photoline. We would not even need master pages at that point (although those would be handy too ;-)