Neue Testversion 19.90b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: New adjustments!

Beitrag von photoken »

The behavior of the Exposure adjustment layer is different if it is used within a RAW image adjustment layer "group" or if it is used as a separate adjustment layer for the image.

When the Exposure adjustment is part of the RAW image adjustment layer group, the Belichtung slider recovers blown out highlights, as I described. When the Exposure adjustment layer is a separate layer, the Belichtung slicer does not recover those highlights -- it merely darkens the light areas. :(

When the Exposure adjustment is part of the RAW image adjustment layer group, the Offset slider behaves very bizarrely -- large movements of the slider do not change the numeric values, and there are large areas of movement between the values of "-0.0" and "0.0". :? When the Exposure adjustment layer is a separate layer, the Offset slider behaves somewhat more normally.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:I've just discovered two new adjustment layers: Exposure and Color Lookup. :D
both function were inserted to get a better compatibility when importing PSD files. I tried to simulate the corresponding function in Photoshop.
photoken hat geschrieben:What is the Color Lookup supposed to do?
It's just an adjustment layer that handles an ICC profile.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: both function were inserted to get a better compatibility when importing PSD files. I tried to simulate the corresponding function in Photoshop.
OK, I don't have Photoshop, so I read a few articles on the Web about using the Exposure adjustment in Photoshop to get an understanding of how it works.

It's an intriguing adjustment, and I have a request to make it even more powerful in PhotoLine --

Implement the Exposure adjustment as a means of adjusting specific tonal ranges (either 11 or 9 ranges of the Zone System) in the image. I think the value adjustments of the sliders would be best if applied to the "L" channel in the Lab colour space so that colours would not be changed.

For example, the bottom of the dialog would have 11 (or 9) buttons to choose the specific tonal range(s) to affect:
zones.jpg
The adjustment sliders would apply the values only within the selected Zone.

I think this would be an exciting addition to PL. It would be a simple and elegant means of bringing the concepts of the Zone System to digital photography. Ansel Adams would be smiling! :wink:

Having that type of Exposure adjustment would also eliminate the need for various complicated procedures of creating Luminance Masks for specific tonal ranges. This would greatly simplify working with images, I think.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Sa 30 Jul 2016 02:36, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Ken
Tida
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.90b6

Beitrag von Tida »

Maybe its worthwhile to look at lightzone to get some ideas for improvement according to zone system: http://lightzoneproject.org/
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:I've just discovered two new adjustment layers: Exposure and Color Lookup.
Just installed PL 19.90b6 on OS X but it seems that there are no such adjustment layers. Am I overlooking something?

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:What is the Color Lookup supposed to do?
It's just an adjustment layer that handles an ICC profile.
Could this feature be enhanced to allow matching colours between two images?

In other words, in the first image have an option to create a colour LUT, then in the second image load that colour LUT.
Ken
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

bkh hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:I've just discovered two new adjustment layers: Exposure and Color Lookup.
Just installed PL 19.90b6 on OS X but it seems that there are no such adjustment layers. Am I overlooking something?

Cheers

Burkhard.
Both Tools are only in the Windows Beta,the Color lookup was first found in Beta 05. Exposure is a filter. Color lookup can be found under Tools. Both can also be invoked as an adjustment layer.
Cheers
Josef
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

When applying bevel effects, I am seeing a lot of quality issues again. I seem to remember that this was solved, or not?

In its current state the bevels cannot be used for publishable work. Is this a regression from a previous version?
bevels.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Hi,

Color Lookup ist bei Photoshop seit CS6 implementiert. Dort können Dateien mit Endung ".look", ".3dl" und ".cube" als Presets geladen werden. Ist dies zukünftig auch unter Photoline möglich? Momentan können z.B. ".3dl" Color Lookup Tables nicht unter Photoline geladen werden.

Unter "Füllung" können seit PS CC auch Presets selbst erzeugt (unter Beachtung von Maskierungen, Einstellebenen usw.) und mit dem Ziel abgespeichert werden, den Farbumfang eines bearbeiteten Bildes auf andere Bilder zu übertragen und so die Farben verschiedener Bilder aufeinander anzupassen. Wäre toll, wenn dies zukünftig auch unter PL möglich wird.

Viele Grüße

Josef
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

maxwell hat geschrieben:Color Lookup ist bei Photoshop seit CS6 implementiert. Dort können Dateien mit Endung ".look", ".3dl" und ".cube" als Presets geladen werden. Ist dies zukünftig auch unter Photoline möglich? Momentan können z.B. ".3dl" Color Lookup Tables nicht unter Photoline geladen werden.
Hier wird "nur" ein ICC-Profil auf die aktive Ebene angewendet. Ich weiß nicht genau, warum es hier so viele Formate gibt, die werden bei Photoshop wohl intern auf ICC umgewandelt. Im Moment wollte ich mir die Arbeit mit diesen Formaten eigentlich nicht antun, weil man auch nicht wirklich viel davon im Internet findet.
maxwell hat geschrieben:Unter "Füllung" können seit PS CC auch Presets selbst erzeugt (unter Beachtung von Maskierungen, Einstellebenen usw.) und mit dem Ziel abgespeichert werden, den Farbumfang eines bearbeiteten Bildes auf andere Bilder zu übertragen und so die Farben verschiedener Bilder aufeinander anzupassen. Wäre toll, wenn dies zukünftig auch unter PL möglich wird.
In CC kann man das als ICC-Profil exportieren und dann in PhotoLine verwenden. Erzeugen ist im Moment noch nicht vorgesehen - eigentlich wurde die Funktion nur wegen der PSD-Kompabilität eingebaut.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

"Reduce Colours" doesn't seem to work well with RGB images which only have (almost) greyscale values, e.g, dithered gradients or results of the grey mixer, e.g. this simple b-w gradient:
gradient.png
Especially, optimised median cut (Lab) produces strange colour casts:
palette.png
but also octree and octree (Lab) choose strange palettes, the ones from octree having many similar colours.

Also, strange things happen when white is the dominant colour (e.g. by enlarging the above sample file to a 256 x 256 image with white background). Except for MedianCut, none of the reduction algorithms includes white in the palette.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

And PhotoLine crashes, when I click "From Image". :?
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
In CC kann man das als ICC-Profil exportieren und dann in PhotoLine verwenden. Erzeugen ist im Moment noch nicht vorgesehen - eigentlich wurde die Funktion nur wegen der PSD-Kompabilität eingebaut.
Generating a LUT is the missing option that would then allow matching colours (and effects) between images. I hope you will consider implementing this.
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:When applying bevel effects, I am seeing a lot of quality issues again. I seem to remember that this was solved, or not?
I can't say anything useful without a sample document.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:In its current state the bevels cannot be used for publishable work. Is this a regression from a previous version?
There hasn't been any changes.
The usual points:
- Your vector shapes are having an outline using a hair line.
- Point light needs more smoothing compared to parallel light.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:In its current state the bevels cannot be used for publishable work. Is this a regression from a previous version?
There hasn't been any changes.
The usual points:
- Your vector shapes are having an outline using a hair line.
- Point light needs more smoothing compared to parallel light.

Martin
The outline! I once again forgot about the outline. I believe this is the second or even third time that it happened to me! Thanks. Operator error.

Might I make a suggestion? Seeing that a hair line causes such distortion in quality when applying an emboss layer effect, perhaps it is a good idea to ensure that when and if a hairline is present, the stroke colour is automatically removed. This has happened to me several times now, and it is a bit counter-intuitive.

I foresee beginning Photoline users encountering this same issue - removing the hairline colour automatically would simplify the process.

What are everyone's thoughts about this?

PS small bug: I can no longer click on the layer effect mini-icon in the layer stack to open the layer effect properties.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait