Neue Testversion 19.90b6

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.90b6

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Basic vector shapes GUI improvement request:

Currently the parameters of the vector shape tools can only be accessed when
1) the user selects the shape
2) switches to the exact tool that was used to create said shape (star, rounded box, etc.)
3) changes the parameters in the tool properties.

That is a lot of steps compared to many other applications. Nowadays other design applications offer on-screen widget controls as well. It would be great if these could be added to Photoline's shapes. Photoline already has the most excellent gradient and pattern fill widget controls in the latest betas (better than the competition!), and the shapes feel a bit left behind compared.

Also, it would be nice to have additional shapes such as a donut (extend the circle tool?), cog wheel, a text balloon, and optional individual corner controls for the rounded box.

And perhaps offer an option to to use rounded corners even when the rectangle tool was used - otherwise the user is forced to repeat the action with the rounded box tool. In my opinion the box and rounded box could be combined into one tool.

For example:
Untitled.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
I foresee beginning Photoline users encountering this same issue - removing the hairline colour automatically would simplify the process.
In general, I don't like the idea of a program automatically changing properties of an object from what I specified.

And how would that accommodate the case where the user decides, after applying the Outer Emboss, that he wants to see the outline in the original colour?

I think that if PL does or does not automatically remove the hairline colour there will be new user confusion. Just a note in the help explaining the Outer Emboss effect when a hairline is used should be sufficient.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
That is a lot of steps compared to many other applications. Nowadays other design applications offer on-screen widget controls as well. It would be great if these could be added to Photoline's shapes. Photoline already has the most excellent gradient and pattern fill widget controls in the latest betas (better than the competition!), and the shapes feel a bit left behind compared.
It's only one extra step, since other programs also have a settings box where the parameters for an object can be specified.

I think that adding widgets to shapes would needlessly complicate the editing window and get in the way of using basic vector editing tools on the shapes.

The more properties that an object has, the less useful a widget becomes. For example, the most complicated sets of parameters are for text objects, where it's necessary to have the various settings in a tool settings panel. For the fills, it's very appropriate to use widgets because the options are simple and drawing the fills directly in the editing window is very necessary for their use.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Also, it would be nice to have additional shapes such as a donut (extend the circle tool?), cog wheel, a text balloon, and optional individual corner controls for the rounded box.
Donut tool -- no. There can never be a size (and positioning) for the inner circle that would satisfy users. It's better to let the user create an inner circle of his choosing and combine it with the larger circle to create his own custom donut shape.

Cog Wheel? I can see the value of a "gear" tool (as a solid shape for the same reasons stated above about donuts). The tool options would have to include width and roundness for both the peaks and valleys, as well as a roundness value for the sides.

Text balloons? There are so many potential styles that could be required that it's probably best to accommodate pre-built text balloons in either the Shapes or Outlines list.

Individual corner radii for the rounded rectangle tool is very low on my priorities list. While I agree it would be convenient, the individual corner radii can now be controlled using the Vector Points tool; and I suspect that very very few users use rounded rectangles with individually set corner radii.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:In my opinion the box and rounded box could be combined into one tool.
I think so, too. The tool settings panel for the Rectangle Tool looks to have plenty of space for the additional controls needed for rounded rectangles.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I just discovered the texture editor accepts a maximum width and height of 2048 pixels!!!

So happy now! Stupendously happy! That makes it far more useful for 3d texturing work - super!
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:And PhotoLine crashes, when I click "From Image". :?
I don't get a problem here. Do you have more information?
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Entschuldigung, ich muss das zurücknehmen. Kann den Fehler nicht mehr reproduzieren. :oops: