Neue Testversion 19.90b8

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Eurgail
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.90b8

Beitrag von Eurgail »

For me, it doesn't crash, 32 Bit. But it also doesn't work.
If you delete these lines (you can open the files with the notepad):

3DMESH
Mesh 4 12

it works. But the results are not the same as in Photoshop. The image is much too bright or so for 3DL files; CUBE files work fine.

If the color space of the background image in picture mode becomes changed to something not RGB, the results are understandably odd.
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Additional option for Color Match

Beitrag von photoken »

The Color Match tool is missing an important option -- the "Ignore Selection When Applying Adjustment".

From the Photoshop Help file:
In the Destination Image area, select Ignore Selection When Applying Adjustment if you’re applying the adjustment to the entire target layer. This option ignores the selection in the target layer and applies the adjustment to the entire target layer.
This is the option that is needed when matching face colours and applying the matched colours to the entire destination image so the destination image can be pasted in to the source image.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

photoken hat geschrieben:The Color Match tool is missing an important option -- the "Ignore Selection When Applying Adjustment".
You are right. I guess, a workaround is to create a working layer and delete the mask there, isn't it?
photoken hat geschrieben:After using the Reset button in the Color Match dialog, any subsequent change distorts the colour
I guess, i've found the error: At the beginning or after a reset, no document is selected (although there appears a name in the list).
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:The Color Match tool is missing an important option -- the "Ignore Selection When Applying Adjustment".
You are right. I guess, a workaround is to create a working layer and delete the mask there, isn't it?
Aha! I could not devise a workaround, but I completely missed the button to create an adjustment layer. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

But there is no easy way to delete the layer mask from that adjustment layer. :(

That "Ignore Selection" option is sorely missed....
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:After using the Reset button in the Color Match dialog, any subsequent change distorts the colour
I guess, i've found the error: At the beginning or after a reset, no document is selected (although there appears a name in the list).
Yes, you have found the problem -- after a reset, even though the source document remains listed as the source document, it really is not selected as the source document. If I use the dropdown arrow to select the same source document again, then I can change the parameters and the colours do not become distorted.

It is an awkward situation, at the very least.
Ken
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

maxwell hat geschrieben:beim 'Laden' der 3dl LUT's... von Calvin Hollywood stürzt Photoline bei mir ab.
ich werde das beheben.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:Yes, you have found the problem -- after a reset, even though the source document remains listed as the source document, it really is not selected as the source document. If I use the dropdown arrow to select the same source document again, then I can change the parameters and the colours do not become distorted.

It is an awkward situation, at the very least.
Well, the controls in the "Source" section are not options, but actions.
This means, if you are changing one of them, PhotoLine reads the color information of the corresponding source. While this doesn't make a difference in the modal dialog (except the "Reset" situation), this is quite important in the non-modal adjustment-layer dialog. PhotoLine will not update the color adjustment, if the source layer/document changes. It will do so only if you explicitly tell it by changing one of the source controls.

That being said I will change Reset, so that it automatically updates source and destination color information.

Martin
maxwell
Mitglied

Color Lookup

Beitrag von maxwell »

Free color LUT’s are available from https://luts.iwltbap.com/#freeware . The LUT’s are in different formats, which allow comparing the results. Cube and 3dl LUT’s differ when using them with Photoline. The resulting images with 3dl LUT’s are too bright compared with cube LUT’s.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

did some changes on loading curves on the windows version. If you want, load it again and try.
photoken
Mitglied

Fixed: Exposure adjustment and negative Offset values

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL19.90b8 x64

In the new Exposure adjustment, using a negative value for the "Offset" seems to lose all values for most of the midtones and lights, and immediately set the shadows to black:
Exposure Offset setting.jpg
As I understand it, the "Offset" should affect the shadows and midtones without affecting the lights. Using positive values for "Offset" works as expected, lightening the shadows and midtones. However, using negative values seriously distorts the values of everything.... :(
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Di 27 Sep 2016 21:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:did some changes on loading curves on the windows version. If you want, load it again and try.
Works fine for me, now. Thank you! :-)
photoken
Mitglied

Prob: Color Match source info cut off when docked

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL19.90b8 x64

I added the Color Match adjustment to an Adjustment Layer "grouping" that is docked.

When the docking area is at the minimum width, the "Source" document does not display the entire filename (see image on left).

When I widen the docking area width, the "Source" document name extends into the thumbnail image (see image on right).
Match Color adj dock.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Color Match gives different results with modal & non-modal dialogs

Beitrag von photoken »

Win10 x64
PL19.90b8

I get a different result from the Color Match if it is docked (as part of an Adjustment Layer "grouping" layer) than the result if the modal dialog is used to create it's own adjustment layer.

This is the result if I use the modal dialog to match colours in selected areas (the face) and then remove the selection mask so the colour match is applied to the entire image:
Color Match on own layer.jpg
That is the result that is expected.

However, if I use the Color Match adjustment as part of an Adjustment Layer "grouping" layer, the result is not good:
Color Match in adj group.jpg
It is as if the selected faces are not being used to match colours, or maybe the correct source image is not used.

Am I doing something wrong?
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Prob: Color Match source info cut off when docked

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:When I widen the docking area width, the "Source" document name extends into the thumbnail image (see image on right).
Match Color adj dock.jpg
It works fine here. I'm not sure whether I changed something here since the last beta, but quite probably I did.
photoken hat geschrieben:I get a different result from the Color Match if it is docked (as part of an Adjustment Layer "grouping" layer) than the result if the modal dialog is used to create it's own adjustment layer.
The beta has several problems automatically updating source and destination layer information. This may be the problem you are seeing.
If not, you can describe more detailed what you are doing.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Color Match source info cut off when docked

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: The beta has several problems automatically updating source and destination layer information. This may be the problem you are seeing.
If not, you can describe more detailed what you are doing.
That does seem to be the problem. The bad colours are the same as when the Reset does not work correctly.

I'll wait for the next beta and test it some more.
Ken